-
(单词翻译:双击或拖选)
A hostess, "hostess," is the woman, in this case, in a restaurant 一个女领位,在这种场合下,在餐馆中,“女领位”是一个女人,
that says hello to you when you come in the restaurant - that greets you, 当你来餐厅时,向你问好的,
and she asks how many people are in your party, 她问你们有多少人用餐,
meaning how big is your group - how many people are in your group, 意思是你们这些人有多少——你们有多少人?
and then she takes you to a table. 然后她领你们去一张桌子。
The male version of this would be a host, "host." 如果是男士,那就是“男领位”。
So, a hostess is always a woman and host is a man. 所以,女领位永远是女人,男领位是男人。
In very expensive restaurants - in what we would call fancy restaurants, 在非常昂贵的餐馆里——我们称之为高档餐厅,
restaurants where you have to dress very nicely and you pay a lot of money for your food, 来这种餐厅,你必须穿得很漂亮,而且你要为你的食物花上大价钱,
they sometimes have what's called the maitre d', a maitre d', 有时候他们有所谓的领班,“领班”,
which is the person that takes reservations and shows you to your table. 那个人会(帮你)预订座位并带你来到你的桌边。