-
(单词翻译:双击或拖选)
地点:圣诞树卖场
人物:乔伊,菲比
事件:菲比来到圣诞树卖场找乔伊,告诉他她改变了对卖圣诞树的看法,但是当她看到又老又小的圣诞树被切片机切碎时,她又崩溃了。
剧情片段
(场景:圣诞树卖场,乔伊正在工作,菲比来看他。)
Joey: Hey. What, what are you doing here?
乔伊:你在这里干什么?
Phoebe: Well, I–I thought a lot about what you said, and um. I realized① duh, all right maybe I was a little judgmental.1 Yeah, oh, but oh…
菲比:我想了很久你所说的话,我发觉,嗯,也许是我有点太主观了。是啊,哦,可是……
Joey: Look now, Phoebe remember②, hey, they’re just fulfilling their Christmas....
乔伊:菲比,你看,记住,嘿,它们只是在实现它们的圣诞……
Phoebe: Destiny.
菲比:宿命。
Joey: Sure.
乔伊:没错。
Phoebe: Yes.
菲比:是的。
Joey: All right.
乔伊:好的。
Phoebe: Okay. Yikes! That one doesn’t look very fulfilled.2
菲比:好吧。哎呀!那棵树看起来可不像实现了宿命。
Joey: Oh, that’s, that’s ah, one of the old ones. He’s just taking it to the back.
乔伊:哦,那是,那是,啊,一棵老树,他只是把树拿到后面。
Phoebe: You keep the old ones in the back? That is so ageist.3
菲比:你们把老树放在后面?真是年龄歧视。
Joey: Well, we have to make room for③ the fresh ones.
乔伊:这样才有地方放新鲜的树。
Phoebe: So, what happens to④ the old guys?
菲比:那老树怎么办?
Joey: Well, they go into the chipper.
乔伊:老树拿去切成碎片。
Phoebe: Why do I have a feeling that’s not as happy as it sounds?4
菲比:我怎么感觉好像不像听起来那么快乐呢?
钱德勒:哦,过来,过来。听我说,你是我最喜欢的人之一,而且还是我在现实中所认识的最漂亮的女人。