-
(单词翻译:双击或拖选)
Welcome back to English at Work. 欢迎回到职场英语。
Paul, Anna and Tom are at an important International Plastics Conference. 保罗,安娜和汤姆正在一个重要的国际塑料会议上。
It's been a busy day of networking but the big boss from America, Mr Socrates, has told Paul some bad news. 这是一个忙于联谊的日子,但来自美国的大老板苏格拉底先生带给保罗了一些坏消息。
Before he tells the team, there is an important award to be won – the Plastic Innovation of the Year award. 在他告诉团队之前,还有一个重要的颁奖——年度塑料创意奖。
Will Tip Top Trading win it?I hope you've written your acceptance speech Anna.Yes, I'm just doing it now.You've left it a bit late. Tip Top Trading会赢吗?我希望你写好领奖感言了,安娜。是的,我正在写。有点晚了。
I've been so busy and now I'm really struggling.I don't know what to write. 我一直很忙,现在我真的在努力做了。我不知道写什么。
Well, don't forget to say "On behalf of everyone at Tip Top Trading, thank you for our award". 别忘了写“代表Tip Top Trading的每一位员工,感谢大家对我们的奖励。”
Or, you could say "our company is at the forefront of plastic innovation". 或者你可以说“我们的公司处于塑料创新的前沿。”
Tell the audience "this award is a real boost for everyone working at the company". 告诉观众“这个奖项对公司的每个人来说都是激励。”
Say that and you'll be fine.…working at the company.Good, got it. Thanks. 这么说肯定没问题。……对公司工作的每个人。好的,明白了,谢谢。
Oh hi Tom, how have you got on?Great great. 嗨,汤姆,你进展得怎么样?很好。
I've been hanging out with some of our clients – keeping them sweet, you know what I mean? 我一直和我们的客户在一起,讨好他们,你懂我的意思吗?