在线英语听力室

快来看老外是如何说“怂”的!

时间:2017-01-19 04:06:34

(单词翻译:单击)

   怂“这个字几乎被国内外的朋友们玩坏了。在国内,人们通常用”怂“来形容那些软弱无能的人。可是不知道哪个朋友竟然把它拆解为“从心”(follow your heart),这样错误的翻译,真让人哭笑不得。下面,英语君带着大家看看老外是如何用英语表达“怂”的吧。

  (1)coward
  (1)懦夫
  I was, to my shame, a coward.
  我很惭愧,我是个懦夫。
  He's a coward and a bully1 who confuses physical strength with manhood.
  他是一个懦夫,一个分不清蛮力和大丈夫气概的恃强凌弱者。
  But, at the same time, I admit that I was born a coward.
  但是同时我不得不承认我是一个天生的懦夫。
  would be a coward if I left now.
  如果我现在离开,就成了一个懦夫。
  (2)wimp2
  (2)软骨头
  But he looks like such a wimp: I'm afraid he doesn't have the guts3 to handle a realcrisis when it comes up.
  可是,他看起来像个软骨头。 我担心,在真正发生危机的时候,他可能不会有足够的勇气来处理问题。
  I was a wimp.
  我是个窝囊废。
  What a wimp that boy is!
  那真是个没有骨气的男孩。
  (3)weakling
  (3)没用的人
  Think that weakling is a worthy4 opponent?
  你认为那个懦夫配做我的对手吗?
  Next time I'll leave you in the trash, weakling!
  下次我不帮你了,没用的家伙!
  You are a miserable5 weakling.
  你是一个可怜的弱者。
  (4)wuss
  (4)胆小鬼
  Are you being a wuss?
  你想当胆小鬼?
  I'll tell you what kind-a coward, a wuss.
  我告诉你们,是懦夫,是胆小鬼!
  (5)Craven
  (5)懦夫
  No man wants to be thought a craven person.
  没有人希望被人认为是个懦夫。
  A hero risks his life to help others; a craven runs from the scene.
  英雄冒着生命危险区帮助别人;而懦夫却临阵脱逃。

分享到:

Error Warning!

出错了

Error page: /mobile/index.php?aid=392931&mid=3
Error infos: Got error 28 from storage engine
Error sql: select `l`.`tag`,`l`.`index`,`l`.`level_id`,`b`.`id`,`b`.`word`,`b`.`spell`,`b`.`explain`,`b`.`sentence`,`b`.`src` from `new_wordtaglist` `l` left join `new_word_base` `b` on `l`.`tag`=`b`.`word` where `l`.`arc_id`='392931' and `l`.`level_id`>='' group by `b`.`word` order by `l`.`index` asc