Error Warning!

出错了

Error page: /plus/view.php?aid=549447
Error infos: Got error 28 from storage engine
Error sql: select `l`.`tag`,`l`.`index`,`l`.`level_id`,`b`.`id`,`b`.`word`,`b`.`spell`,`b`.`explain`,`b`.`sentence`,`b`.`src` from `new_wordtaglist` `l` left join `new_word_base` `b` on `l`.`tag`=`b`.`word` where `l`.`arc_id`='549447' and `l`.`level_id`>='7' group by `b`.`word` order by `l`.`index` asc

《简·爱》 Chapter 02 第二章(1)_在线英语听力室_免费在线英语听力学习网站
英语 英语 日语 日语 韩语 韩语 法语 法语 德语 德语 西班牙语 西班牙语 意大利语 意大利语 阿拉伯语 阿拉伯语 葡萄牙语 葡萄牙语 越南语 越南语 俄语 俄语 芬兰语 芬兰语 泰语 泰语 泰语 丹麦语 泰语 对外汉语

《简·爱》 Chapter 02 第二章(1)

时间:2022-08-18 08:41来源:互联网 提供网友:nan   字体: [ ]
特别声明:本栏目内容均从网络收集或者网友提供,供仅参考试用,我们无法保证内容完整和正确。如果资料损害了您的权益,请与站长联系,我们将及时删除并致以歉意。
    (单词翻译:双击或拖选)

Chapter 2

第二章

I resisted all the way.

我一路反抗。

A new thing for me, and a circumstance which greatly strengthened the bad opinion Bessie and Miss Abbot were disposed to entertain of me.

在我,这还是破天荒第一次。于是大大加深了贝茜和艾博特小姐对我的恶感。

The fact is, I was a trifle beside myself.

我确实有点儿难以自制。

Or rather out of myself, as the French would say.

或者如法国人所说,失常了。

I was conscious that a moment's mutiny had already rendered me liable to strange penalties,

我意识到,因为一时的反抗,会不得不遭受古怪离奇的惩罚。

and, like any other rebel slave, I felt resolved, in my desperation, to go all lengths.

于是,像其他造反的奴隶一样,我横下一条心,决计不顾一切了。

'Hold her arms, Miss Abbot. She's like a mad cat.'

“抓住她的胳膊,艾博特小姐,她像一只发了疯的猫。”

'For shame! for shame!' cried the lady's-maid.

“真丢脸!真丢脸!”这位女主人的侍女叫道。

'What shocking conduct, Miss Eyre, to strike a young gentleman, your benefactress's son! Your young master.'

“多可怕的举动,爱小姐,居然打起小少爷来了,他是你恩人的儿子:你的小主人!”

'Master! How is he my master? Am I a servant?'

“主人,他怎么会是我主人,难道我是仆人不成?”

'No; you are less than a servant, for you do nothing for your keep. There, sit down, and think over your wickedness.'

“不,你连仆人都不如。你不干事,吃白食。喂,坐下来,好好想一想你有多坏。”

They had got me by this time into the apartment indicated by Mrs. Reed, and had thrust me upon a stool.

这时候她们已把我拖进了里德太太所指的房间,推搡到一条矮凳上。

My impulse was to rise from it like a spring.

我不由自主地像弹簧一样跳起来。

Their two pair of hands arrested me instantly.

她们的两双手立刻把我按住了。

'If you don't sit still, you must be tied down,' said Bessie.

“要是你不安安稳稳坐着,我们可得绑住你了,”贝茜说。

'Miss Abbot, lend me your garters; she would break mine directly.'

“艾博特小姐,把你的袜带借给我,我那付会被她一下子绷断的。”

Miss Abbot turned to divest1 a stout2 leg of the necessary ligature.

艾博特小姐转而从她粗壮的腿上,解下那条必不可少的带子。

This preparation for bonds, and the additional ignominy it inferred, took a little of the excitement out of me.

捆绑前的准备工作以及由此而额外蒙受的耻辱,略微消解了我的激动情绪。

'Don't take them off,' I cried.'I will not stir.'

“别解啦,”我叫道,“我不动就是了。”

In guarantee whereof, I attached myself to my seat by my hands.

作为保证,我让双手紧挨着凳子。

'Mind you don't,' said Bessie.

“记住别动,”贝茜说。

And when she had ascertained3 that I was really subsiding4, she loosened her hold of me.

知道我确实已经平静下去,便松了手。

Then she and Miss Abbot stood with folded arms, looking darkly and doubtfully on my face, as incredulous of my sanity5.

随后她和艾博特小姐抱臂而立,沉着脸,满腹狐疑地瞪着我,不相信我的神经还是正常似的。

'She never did so before,' at last said Bessie, turning to the Abigail.

“她以前从来没有这样过,”末了,贝茜转身对那位艾比盖尔说。

'But it was always in her,' was the reply.

“不过她生性如此,”对方回答。

'I've told Missis often my opinion about the child, and Missis agreed with me.

“我经常跟太太说起我对这孩子的看法,太太也同意。

She's an underhand little thing.

这小东西真狡猾。

I never saw a girl of her age with so much cover.'

从来没见过像她这样年纪的小姑娘,有那么多鬼心眼的。”

Bessie answered not; but ere long, addressing me, she said. 'You ought to be aware, Miss,

贝茜没有搭腔,但不一会便对我说:“小姐,你该明白,

that you are under obligations to Mrs. Reed. She keeps you.

你受了里德太太的恩惠,是她养着你的。

If she were to turn you off, you would have to go to the poorhouse.'

要是她把你赶走,你就得进贫民院了。”

本文本内容来源于互联网抓取和网友提交,仅供参考,部分栏目没有内容,如果您有更合适的内容,欢迎点击提交分享给大家。
------分隔线----------------------------
TAG标签:   简·爱  夏洛蒂  勃朗特
顶一下
(0)
0%
踩一下
(0)
0%
最新评论 查看所有评论
发表评论 查看所有评论
请自觉遵守互联网相关的政策法规,严禁发布色情、暴力、反动的言论。
评价:
表情:
验证码:
听力搜索
推荐频道
论坛新贴