UNIT 3 Pardon Me! Lesson 18 Wait! Don't Eat Yet!(在线收听

[ti:UNIT 3 Pardon Me! Lesson 18 Wait! Don't Eat Yet!]
[0:01.093]UNIT 3 第三单元
[0:02.424]Pardon Me! 原谅我!
[0:04.433]Lesson 18: 第18课:
[0:06.395]Wait! Don't Eat Yet! 等一下!不要吃!
[0:09.320]THINK ABOUT IT! 想一想
[0:10.764]· What do you know about "table manners"? · 你对“餐桌礼仪”了解多少?
[0:14.353]· Have you ever had dinner with a foreigner? · 你曾跟外国人一起用过餐吗?
[0:17.859]· What thing does almost everyone have at a Canadian table? · 在与加拿大人一起用餐时,大家都要注意什么?
[0:24.009]All societies have customs about how to eat politely. 所有的社会都有关于礼貌进餐的风俗。
[0:28.200]In English, we call these customs "table manners." 在英语中,我们称这些风俗为“饭桌礼仪”。
[0:32.014]Table manners in China and Canada are quite different. 中国和加拿大的饭桌礼仪大不相同。
[0:35.720]It's very interesting! 这非常有趣!
[0:37.515]Here are some examples. 这里是几个例子。
[0:39.359]· In China, if you drop something on the tablecloth, you usually leave it there. · 在中国,如果把东西掉在了桌布上,人们通常会让它留在那儿。
[0:44.621]You don't pick it up, and you certainly don't eat it! 人们不会把它捡起来,肯定也不会吃的!
[0:48.552]In Canada, if you drop something on the tablecloth, 在加拿大,如果把东西掉在了桌布上,
[0:52.066]you pick it up and put it on your plate. 人们会把它捡起来放在自己的盘子里。
[0:54.568]It's okay to eat it, especially if it's something dry, like a piece of bread. 吃掉它是可以的,特别是像一片面包这样的一些干东西。
[1:00.464]· In China, if your guests have no food on their plates, · 在中国,如果客人盘子里没有食物了,
[1:04.409]putting food on their plates is polite. 在他们的盘子里添食物是礼貌的。
[1:06.896]In Canada, you pass food to guests, 在加拿大,人们把食物递给客人,
[1:09.770]but you don't usually put food on their plates. 通常不把食物放在他们的盘子里。
[1:13.164]· In China, if you are someone's guest, · 在中国,如果人们在做客,
[1:16.187]you should not finish everything on your plate. 不应该吃光盘子里的所有东西。
[1:19.255]It means that you haven't had enough to eat. 这意味着他们没有吃饱。
[1:22.649]In Canada, to finish the food on your plate is polite. 在加拿大,吃光盘里的食物是礼貌的。
[1:26.565]It means you like the food. 这意味着人们喜欢吃这些食物。
[1:29.186]· In China, some people like to help themselves, or others, to food with their own chopsticks. · 在中国,一些人喜欢用自己的筷子给自己或别人夹菜。
[1:35.528]At a table in North American,  在北美的餐桌上,
[1:37.618]people will not help themselves to food unless each dish has its own special spoon. 每道菜都有专用的勺子,否则人们是不会吃它的。
[1:43.896]It is not polite to use one's own knife, fork or spoon to serve food. 用自己的刀叉或勺子盛食物是不礼貌的。
[1:50.046]· In China, nobody has a knife at the table. · 在中国,在饭桌上没有人用餐刀。
[1:53.455]In Canada, usually everyone has a knife. 在加拿大,通常人人都用餐刀。
[1:57.312]Here are some other customs in Canada that everyone knows. 这里还有一些其它在加拿大人人皆知的习惯。
[2:01.257]How many of these rules are true in China? 这些规矩在中国有多少是合理的呢?
[2:05.352]· It's rude to put your elbows on the table, but almost everyone does. · 把胳膊肘放在饭桌上是不礼貌的,但是几乎人人都这样做。
[2:11.129]· It's rude to talk when you have food in your mouth. · 嘴里有东西时说话是粗鲁的。
[2:14.226]Parents are forever telling their children: 父母们总是在告诉他们的孩子:
[2:16.713]"Don't talk with your mouth full!" “嘴里有东西时不要说话!”
[2:19.557]· It's rude to use a toothpick at the table. · 在饭桌上使用牙签是粗鲁的。
[2:23.085]Spaghetti comes from Italy. 意大利面来自意大利。
[2:26.004]It is a kind of noodle. 它是一种面条。
[2:28.103]You put tomato sauce and cheese on it. 你把番茄酱和奶酪放到上面就可以了。
[2:31.349]I'm hungry! 我饿了!
[2:32.540]Let's eat! 一起吃吧!
[2:34.312]PROJECT 任务
[2:35.503]WHAT'S THE STORY? 这个故事是什么?
[2:37.543]In small groups, find pictures of people in magazines. 分组,在杂志里找出人物图片。
[2:43.037]Let each member of your group choose one person. 每个组员选择一个人物。
[2:47.563]Cut out the people and glue them to a piece of paper. 把图片剪下来粘在一张纸上。
[2:52.522]Do the people act like they are doing something unusual? 那些人们的动作像是他们在做什么不寻常的事吗?
[2:57.271]Good! 好的!把它编得有趣一点!
[2:57.986]Make it interesting! 现在想一想!
[2:59.981]Now, think! 以小组为单位,编出一个关于你们图片的小故事。
[3:01.559]As a group, make up a quick story about your picture. 人们在干什么?
[3:06.488]What are the people doing? 他们在说什么?
[3:08.840]What are they saying? 写出你的故事。
[3:11.014]Write down your story. 把你们的图片与另一组的同学交换。
[3:13.650]Trade your picture with the students from another group. 给他们的图片编一个故事。
[3:18.176]Make up a story for their picture. 把他们的想法与你们的相
[3:21.541]Compare your ideas with their ideas. 比较。
[3:25.294]Are your ideas the same as theirs? 你们的想法与他们相同吗?
[3:28.942]Why or why not? 为什么相同或不同?
[3:28.942]
[3:28.942]
[3:28.942]
[3:28.942]
[3:28.942]

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/jiaocai/hbjyczyyqsbjnjx/136310.html