UNIT 6 Get Ready for Jobs Lesson 47 The Scholarship(在线收听

[ti:UNIT 6 Get Ready for Jobs Lesson 47 The Scholarship]
[0:00.860]UNIT 6 第六单元
[0:02.814]Get Ready for Jobs 为就业做好准备
[0:06.044]Lesson 47: 第47课:
[0:07.493]The Scholarship 奖学金
[0:10.262]Angie was late coming home from her music lesson. 安吉上完音乐课之后回到家已经很晚了。
[0:13.321]Her little brother, Mike, was in the kitchen. 她的小弟弟迈克在厨房里。
[0:15.796]On the table she saw an envelope from a university in Toronto. 在桌子上她看到了一封来自多伦多的一所大学的信。
[0:20.092]She turned the envelope over, but it was already open. 她翻过信封,但是信封已经被拆开过了。
[0:24.247]"Did you open my letter?" she asked. “你拆了我的信吗?”她问,
[0:26.899]"I've told you again and again! “我一再地告诉你!
[0:28.843]Leave my things alone." 别碰我的东西。”
[0:31.301]"Don't shout at me!" said Mike. “不要对我大喊大叫!”迈克说。
[0:34.448]Angie pulled the letter out of the envelope. 安吉把信从信封中抽出来。
[0:37.153]"Dear Miss Turner," it said. “亲爱的特纳小姐,”它上面写着。
[0:39.628]"You have been awarded a scholarship to study violin at our School of Music." “你已被授予了一份来我们音乐学院学习小提琴的奖学金。”
[0:45.515]"Yippee!" she shouted. “太棒了!”她大叫起来,
[0:47.867]"I won it!" “我获得了!”
[0:49.811]"That's nice," said Mike, unhappily. “不错啊,”迈克怏怏不乐地说。
[0:53.259]Angie could see now that Mike had been crying. 安吉可以看出迈克现在在哭。
[0:56.636]"Are you going away, Angie?" he asked. “安吉,你要离开吗?”他问。
[1:00.525]"Well," she said, slowly. “嗯,”她慢慢说道。
[1:02.240]Angie hadn't thought about Mike's feelings. 安吉没有考虑到迈克的感受。
[1:04.945]He was only eight years old and couldn't remember their mother who had died so long before. 他只有八岁,因为妈妈去世很久了他都记不起她的模样。
[1:10.497]"I don't want you to go," he said. “我不想让你去,”他说。
[1:13.659]"Is that so? “是吗?
[1:15.190]Well, I haven't gone yet. 嗯,我还没有走呢。
[1:16.665]Eat your snack," she said, softly. 吃你的夜宵吧,”她温柔地说,
[1:18.925]"Then go to bed. “然后去睡觉。
[1:20.055]It's late." 不早了。”
[1:21.690]"Good night," he said sadly. “晚安,”他伤心地说。
[1:24.933]Angie didn't know what to do. 安吉不知道该怎么办。
[1:26.794]She wanted to study music so much. 她非常想学音乐。
[1:29.892]"I need help," she thought. “我需要帮助,”她想。
[1:32.032]But who should she talk to? 但是她应该和谁说呢?
[1:34.039]Who did she respect most? 她最尊敬谁呢?
[1:36.352]She read the letter again. 她再次读了那封信。
[1:38.386]She felt glad and sad at the same time. 她既高兴又伤心。
[1:42.414]The next morning Angie got up early and went to see Aunt Mary. 第二天早晨安吉很早就起来去看望玛丽阿姨。
[1:46.721]Aunt Mary was doing some ironing in her warm and comforting kitchen. 玛丽阿姨正在她那温暖舒适的厨房中熨衣服。
[1:51.293]Angie told her about the scholarship. 安吉告诉了她有关奖学金的事。
[1:53.553]"If I were to go to Toronto, I would leave Dad and Mike alone," she said. “如果我要去多伦多,我就会离开爸爸和迈克,”她说。
[1:59.349]Aunt Mary turned off the iron and sat down beside Angie. 玛丽阿姨关掉熨斗,坐在了安吉旁边。
[2:03.058]"What does your father say? " she asked. “你爸爸怎么说的?”她问。
[2:06.634]"He says I must choose for myself." “他说我必须自己做决定。”
[2:09.119]Angie wanted to cry. 安吉想哭。
[2:10.874]"But it's hard! Mike is so sad!" “但是这很难!迈克非常伤心!”
[2:14.835]"That's funny. “这就奇怪了。
[2:16.284]Mike is always arguing with you." 迈克总是和你争吵。”
[2:18.664]"Yes, he gets angry when I practise the violin. “是的,我一练小提琴他就生气。
[2:22.053]And I get angry when he opens my letters. 当他拆我的信件时我也生气。
[2:24.911]But he is so young." 但是他还很小。”
[2:27.131]"Here is something to think about," said her aunt. “这事需要好好考虑考虑,”她的阿姨说,
[2:30.454]"If you were to go to Toronto, you could come back for holidays." “如果你要去多伦多,你可以在放假时回来。”
[2:35.333]Angie nodded. 安吉点了点头。
[2:37.021]"And you are not leaving him alone," said Aunt Mary. “你也就没有把他扔下不管,”玛丽阿姨说,
[2:40.065]"If you were to go, I would be here. “如果你要去,还有我呢。
[2:42.883]When your mother died, you were very young. 你妈妈去世时,你还非常小。
[2:45.489]You came to me for help. 你曾来找我帮忙。
[2:47.376]I'll be here to help Mike, too. 我也可以帮助迈克。
[2:49.543]Wait here. 在这儿等着。
[2:50.554]I want to show you something." 我想给你看一些东西。”
[2:52.853]Aunt Mary left the kitchen and came back with a book of old photographs. 玛丽阿姨离开厨房,拿着一本旧相册回来了。
[2:57.519]In one of the photographs, a young girl held a violin. 在其中一张照片上,一个年轻女孩拿着一把小提琴。
[3:01.760]"That was your mother. “那是你妈妈。
[3:03.062]She loved music, too. 她也非常热爱音乐。
[3:05.003]If she knew about your scholarship, she would be very proud." 如果她知道你得了奖学金,她会非常自豪的。”
[3:09.948]Angie went home. 安吉回家了。
[3:11.463]Mike was still in his bedroom. 迈克仍然在他的卧室里。
[3:13.564]He was unhappy and angry. 他不高兴还有点生气。
[3:16.488]"It's time to get up," she said. “该起床了,”她说。
[3:19.226]"My stomach hurts," said Mike. “我肚子疼,”迈克说。
[3:22.789]"Oh, dear!" she said. “噢,天啊!”她说。
[3:25.102]She put her hand on his forehead. 她把手放在他的额头上。
[3:27.402]He wasn't hot. 他没有发烧。
[3:28.877]"I think you are making an excuse," she said. “我想你在找借口,”她说,
[3:31.828]"Are you really sick?" “你真的生病了吗?”
[3:33.889]"No," he said. “没有,”他说。
[3:36.109]"I don't want to do any chores today." “我今天不想做任何家务事。”
[3:39.392]"You don't have many chores to do," said his sister. “你没有多少家务事可做,”他姐姐说,
[3:42.689]"Get up. I'll make you breakfast." “起来。我给你做早饭。”
[3:45.374]Angie made pancakes with strawberries. 安吉做了加草莓的薄烤饼。
[3:48.006]"Oh, good. My favourite!" Mike said. “哦,好。我的最爱!”迈克说。
[3:51.462]He forgot his anger. 他不生气了。
[3:53.469]Angie gave him a plate. 安吉给了他一个盘子。
[3:55.304]"Mike, you know that I might go away." “迈克,你知道我可能会离开。”
[3:58.547]He nodded. 他点了点头。
[4:00.036]"I want to study music. “我想学习音乐。
[4:02.003]But I want to help you and Dad, too. 但是我也想帮你和爸爸。
[4:04.343]If I were to go, I would send you a letter every week. 如果我走了,我会每周给你写信的。
[4:08.410]You would have your own envelopes to open. 你会有你自己的信来拆。
[4:11.149]I would come home to spend my vacation. 我会回来度假的。
[4:13.914]I would make pancakes until you get sick of them!" 我会给你做薄烤饼的,直到你厌恶它们为止!”
[4:17.795]"But I'll miss you, Angie." “可是安吉,我会想你的。”
[4:20.228]"I'll miss you, too," she said. “我也会想你的,”她说,
[4:22.528]"But Dad is here. “但是爸爸在这儿。
[4:23.804]So is Aunt Mary. 玛丽阿姨也在。
[4:25.412]You'll be busy with your friends. 你会忙着和朋友们在一起。
[4:27.486]And there's one really good thing, Mike. 迈克,还有一件非常好的事情。
[4:30.198]You won't have to listen to me practise the violin." 你将不必再听我练小提琴了。”
[4:33.335]He laughed. 他笑了。
[4:34.478]"Okay, here's my opinion. “好的,我说说我的意见。
[4:36.658]You should go. 你应该去。
[4:37.655]But I'll expect two letters every week. 但是我期望每周收到两封信。
[4:40.196]And a lot of pancakes!" 以及很多很多薄烤饼!”
[4:43.692]LET'S DO IT! 做一做!
[4:45.691]Choose any job you are interested in. 选择任何你感兴趣的工作。
[4:48.717]Describe it to a group of students, but don't name it. 向一群学生描述那份工作,但不要说出其名称。
[4:52.806]Ask them to guess which job you have chosen. 让他们猜猜你选择的工作是什么。
[4:56.467]They can ask questions like, "In this job, do you _____? " or "Is it _____? " 他们可以这样提问:“做这份工作,你 ?”或者“这份工作 ?”
[4:56.467]
[4:56.467]
[4:56.467]

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/jiaocai/hbjyczyyqsbjnjx/136353.html