纯正地道美语(外教讲解)284:素食主义者(在线收听

  Vegan Or Vegetarian?
  A:   Hey Julie, you want to go grab something to eat?  朱莉,要不要出去吃点东西?
  B:   Sure! What do you feel like having? 好啊!你想吃什么?
  A:   I really feel like having a big juicy steak! 我好想来一块美味多汁的牛排啊!
 

  B:   Oh.  OK.  I don't eat meat, but that's fine, I am sure wherever we are going they will have other options right? 好吧。我是不吃肉的。不过没关系。我们去的地方肯定有很多种选择。
  A:   I didn't know you were a vegetarian! 你是素食主义者呀?我还不知道呢。
  B: I'm not, I am a vegan. 不,我是一个绝对素食主义者。
  A:   A what? 那是什么意思?
  B:   A vegan.  I don't eat or use any animal based products. I don't wear leather, eat eggs, drink milk or anything that comes from an animal. I used to be a pescatarian before, which basically means you don't eat meat, but still have fish and seafood. 意思就是我不食用任何来自动物身上的东西。不穿皮草,不食用蛋类、奶制品或其它任何来自动物的食品。我以前是鱼素者,就是不吃肉但是可以吃鱼类和海产。
  A:   Wow! That's interesting! It must be tough! 哇!真有意思!肯定挺难的吧。
  B:   It's a bit difficult to find vegetarian friendly restaurants sometimes, but since more and more people are vegetarians or vegans nowadays, it's getting a bit less difficult. 有时候确实很难找到一家支持素食主义的餐馆。不过现在越来越多的人成为了素食主义者或是绝地素食主义者,情况也就好多了。
  多说两句:
  vegetarian素食主义者,俗称“吃素的”,即只吃蔬菜而不吃荤菜的人。素食主义是一种饮食文化,实践这种饮食文化的人称为素食主义者。他们不食用一切有生命和感情的动物之肉,包括家畜、野兽、飞禽、鱼类、海鲜等,但一般可以食用蛋、奶、黄油、奶酪等奶制品。素食主义者有很多种,如自由式(偶尔犯规也没关系)和苦行式(严格遵守,蛋、奶、黄油、奶酪也绝不吃)等等。
  除素食主义外,还有一种纯素食主义(vegan),那些纯素食主义者不但不食用任何有情众生之肉,而且连蛋、奶制品甚至蜂蜜都排斥在外,也就是说,只靠植物类食品维持生命,凡来源于动物的食品一律不沾。除了食物之外,纯素食主义者也不使用动物制成的商品,例如皮衣、皮鞋、皮带、皮包等皮制品和含动物体成份的化妆品。
  除了文中提到的鱼素义者之外,还有奶素主义者、蛋素主义者等等。
 

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/czddmy/162470.html