A: Do you want to hang out tomorrow?
明天要不要出去玩儿?
B: Oh, I can't. I have a date!
不行,我有约会。
A: Really? Wow with who?
是吗?跟谁呀?
B: This girl I've been chatting with for the past couple of months. She's really cool and she's driving over here this weekend.
是我最近几个月在网上聊天认识的一个女孩。她挺酷的,周末开车过来。
A: Wait a minute, you mean you met her online?
打住!你是说你们是在网上认识的?
B: Yeah! I signed up for a website called match. and it is great! You fill in all your details and preferences, like if you are a smoker or if you have any pets. Then you find people that have similar characteristics and you can email them or chat.
是啊。我注册了一个叫“配对”的网站,可好了!你只要填写自己的个人信息和寻找的意向,例如本人抽烟、养宠物等等,就可以找到跟你志同道合的人,然后互相发邮件、聊天什么的。
A: That is kind of weird! What if she is a psycho or something like that?
这有点儿不靠谱。万一那人是个精神病呢?
B: It's the same as meeting people anywhere and dating them! I am just tired of going to bars or being set up for dates by my friends! I think this is a really cool alternative, especially if you are a bit shy.
这跟在别的地方认识人、跟人约会没什么两样。我只想跟朋友逛酒吧或者约会什么的。这其实是一个不错的选择,尤其是对于一个内向的人来说。
A: I guess it does seem logical. I'll have to check it out!
我想这还算是说得通吧。有功夫我也去看看。
重点讲解:
hang out 出去玩儿
chat vi. 闲谈,聊天(+about/away/on)
They chatted about the film shown last night.
他们闲聊着昨夜放的电影。
wait a minute = hang on = hold on 等一下,等一会儿,稍后
characteristic n. 特性,特征,特色
weird adj. 奇怪的,怪异的
What if ...? 万一……怎么办?
What if he doesn't agree?
如果他不同意该怎么办呢?
psycho n. 精神病患者
alternative n. 选择,供选择的东西(或办法)
They had no alternative in the matter.
在这件事上,他们没有选择的余地。 |