英语美文:Think It Over(在线收听) |
Today we have higher buildings and wider highways, but shorter temperaments and narrower points of view. 今, 吾辈居愈高行愈广,然性愈燥视愈短。
We spend more, but enjoy less.
费愈靡然享愈少。
We have bigger houses, but smaller families.
屋愈宽然室愈怜。
We have more compromises, but less time.
暇愈足然适愈乏。
We have more knowledge, but less judgement.
识愈博然断愈寡。
We talk much, we love only a little, and we hate too much.
言及怨泛,以至爱消恶涨。
We reached the Moon and came back, but we find it troublesome to cross our own street and meet our neighbors.
以抵月而返之大能然无越陌方邻之雅兴。
We have higher income, but less morals.
具日积而盈之丰帑然无慕古行止之高义。
These are times with more liberty, but less joy.
秉四海之游闲,阙逍遥之情性。
These are times of finer houses, but more broken homes.
守集美之华宅,不减流散之亲爱。
why?
何者? |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/listen/yymw/198212.html |