英语小达人 123 One-eye Pirate(在线收听

   One-eye Pirate

  第2单元 独眼海盗
  A seaman meets a pirate in a bar. The seaman notes that the pirate has a peg leg, a hook, and an eye patch.
  有名水手在酒吧里遇见一名海盗,水手注意到海盗装了假肢、手上有铁钩,还戴了个眼罩。
  The seaman asks, “So, how did you end up with the peg-leg?”
  水手问道:“你的腿怎么了,怎么会装着假肢?”
  The private replies,“We were in a storm at sea, and I was swept overboard into a school of sharks.
  海盗回答:“我们在海上碰到暴风雨,结果我不慎落水,掉到一群鲨鱼中间;
  Just as my men were pulling me out, a shark bit my leg off.”
  正当船员救我上去时,我的腿就被鲨鱼咬掉了。
  “Wow!” remarked the seaman. “What about your hook?”
  “哇!”水手说:“那你的手怎么会装了铁钩?”
  “Well,” replied the pirate. “We were searching for a treasure in a remote swamp.
  “这个嘛,”海盗回答:“我们到一块偏僻沼泽地寻宝,
  I got mixed up with an alligator and it bit my hand off.
  手是和一只鳄鱼打架时被咬掉的。”
  “Amazing!” remarked the seaman. “How did you get the eye patch? ”
  “太厉害了!”水手说:“那你的眼罩又是怎么回事?”
  “A seagull droppings fell into my eye”, replied the pirate.
  “海鸥的粪掉到我的眼睛里。”海盗回答。
  “You lost your eye to a seagull dropping?” the sailor asked.
  “被海鸥的粪弄到眼睛就瞎了?”水手问道。
  “Well,” remarked the pirate, “it was my first day with my hook.”
  “不是啦,”海盗回答:“因为那一天我的手刚装上铁钩.”
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/yyxdr/233235.html