赖世雄旅游观光英语通 第4期:等不及要出发了! Can't Wait to Go!(在线收听

   Can't Wait to Go!

  等不及要出发了!
  Kathy excitedly calls Evan the next day.
  凯西第二天兴奋地打电话给艾凡。
  Evan:Hello? Whiting residence.
  艾凡:喂?这里是怀汀家。
  Kathy:Evan? This is Kathy. Guess what?
  凯西:艾凡?我是凯西。猜猜看怎么样了?
  Evan:Calm down! Is everything OK?
  艾凡:冷静一下!事情都还好吧?
  Kathy:Yes, fine. Listen, first, my parents think it's a great idea that we go to Europe for a couple of months. Dad called our relatives in Sweden, and though they can't put us up, they would love to see us.
  凯西:嗯,很好。听着,首先,我父母认为我们到欧洲去几个月这个主意不错。我爸打电话给我们在瑞典的亲戚,他们不能招待我们吃住,但是他们很乐意看到我们。
  Evan:So far, so good. Go on.
  艾凡:到目前为止一切还算不错。继续说下去。
  Kathy:And, second, my parents are going to give me a thousand dollars as a graduation present! That'll help a lot.
  凯西:第二,我父母将送我一千元(美金)当作毕业礼物!这笔钱会很有帮助。
  Evan:Congratulations! That's great. Oh, what did the travel agent say?
  艾凡:恭喜!那太棒了。哦,旅行社怎么说呢?
  Kathy:Well, Rick wasn't in, but another agent told me to go in tomorrow morning to see him. He's at some conference but will be back tomorrow.
  凯西:瑞克不在,但另一个职员叫我明天早上到他们办公室去找他。瑞克正出席某个会议,但明天会回来。
  Evan:Oh, OK. We'll still have to wait for the details.
  艾凡:哦,没关系。我们有些细节仍有待理清。
  Kathy:Do you have any news?
  凯西:那你那边有任何消息吗?
  Evan:Yeah. My parents think it's a good idea, too.
  艾凡:有。我父母也认为这个主意不错。
  1.residence 居所,住所
  resident居民
  reside居住
  例:The residents of our neighborhood are all friendly people.
  (我们社区的居民都很友善。)
  I reside in an apartment in a suburb of a big eitv.
  (我住在大都市郊区的一间公寓里。)
  2.Calm down!冷静一下!别慌,冷静点!
  例:Sarah:Barry!Listen!There was this guy-I…
  Barry:Calm down,Sarah!Tell me slowly what happened. (,
  (莎拉:巴里!听我说!有这样的一个家伙,我……)
  (巴里:莎拉,别慌,冷静点!慢慢告诉我发生厂什么事。
  )
  3 .put sb up供某人食宿
  例:Evenvsummer when my gt-andpments visit uswe put them up in ouY truest room
  (每当夏天我爷爷奶奶来看我们时,我们都让他们住在客房。)
  4. congratulation 祝贺,祝贺辞
  congt-atulate 向某人祝贺
  congt-atulate sb on sth.因某事恭贺某人
  例:Congratulations!You passed the Joint College Entrance Examination.
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/lsxyyt/234557.html