赖世雄旅游观光英语通 第30期:租自行车(在线收听

   Renting a Bicycle

  租自行车
  Kathy and Evan decide to tour Amsterdam as many people do, by bicycle. Kathy is talking with a renter of bicycles.
  凯西和艾凡决定和许多人的做法一样── 骑自行车游览阿姆斯特丹。 凯西正和一名自行车出租业者谈话。
  R:Good morning, young lady. Beautiful day, isn't it?
  业者:早安,小姐。天气很好,不是吗?
  K:I'll say. Summer here is so lovely.
  凯西:是啊。这里的夏天非常宜人。
  R:How would you like to rent a bicycle today and see the city the way most people here in Amsterdam do? They're very reasonable.
  业者:今天要和这儿大多数的人一样租自行车游览阿姆斯特丹吗?价钱很公道。
  K:Yes, we've heard that most people here commute by bicycle rather than by car. I think that's great!
  凯西:是的,我们听说这里大多数的人都是骑自行车通勤而不开车的。我认为这样很棒了!
  R:So do we! It may take longer, but it's more healthful and a much better way to take in the city views.
  业者:我们也这么认为!骑自行车可能要多花一点时间,但是比较有益建康,而且也是观赏市景比较好的一种方式。
  K:Gee, you sold me. How much for two?
  凯西:哇 。你把我给说服了。两个人要多少钱呢?
  R:You have a choice of a tandem if you want to ride together, or two separate bikes.
  业者:如果你们要共骑的话可以选择双人协力车,或者选择两辆单人骑的自行车。
  K:Uh, I think separate bikes might be better.
  凯西:呃,我想单人自行车也许比较好。
  R:A half day is four hours; a full day is anytime before 8:00 p.m. Each bike half day is 6.5 euros, for a full day 13. A lock and key come with each bicycle.
  业者:半天是四个小时,一天是租到晚上八点前。一辆自行车半天是欧元六块五,一天是十三块。每辆自行车都附有一把锁和钥匙。
  K:So, how much would that be in U.S. dollars for two bikes all day?
  凯西:那么,两辆自行车租用一天,美金要多少钱呢?
  R:That would be 26 euros or roughly US$35.
  业者:那要廿六欧元或美金三十五元左右。
  K:That's not cheap, but it will be fun. OK, we'll take two.
  凯西:虽然并不便宜,但是会很好玩。好的,我们租两辆。
  单词短语精讲:
  1 .I' 11 say 我同意
  例:A:Maybe we' d better not
  B:I' 11 sav. Look at those go to the beach black clouds!It's sure to rain.
  (甲:也许我们现在最好jll}去海滩。)
  (乙:我同意。看看那些乌石!一定会下山的。)
  2. commute 往返两地
  例:Tony commutes to and from school every day by train.
  (汤尼每天搭火车往返学校。)
  3. take in…欣赏……,将····一览无遗/尽收眼底
  例:If we drive up to Mt. Sumo,we can take in the night views of San Fnancis-cofrom there.
  (如果我们开车上双峰山去,我们从那儿就川一以看到整个旧金山的夜景。)
  4. Gee , you sold me.吐噬,你把我给说服厂。
  =(}ee,you have persuaded me.
  例:I tYied to sell my voungeY bYOtheY into lending me some money,but the stingy kid wouldn't lend me a dollar!
  (我设法说服我弟弟借我一点钱,但是那个吝音的小子连一块钱都不
  肯借给我!)
  5. tandem 双人自行车
  6. separate分开;分居
  例:Mr-. and Mns. Pmken sepmated after a terrible argument;they now live in sepmate apmtments.
  (帕克夫妇在一次激烈争一执后分居,现在他们各住各的公寓。)
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/lsxyyt/234700.html