赖世雄旅游观光英语通 第44期:更换爆胎(在线收听

   Fixing a Flat Tire

  更换爆胎
  Evan encounters an unwelcome surprise in his plans.
  艾凡遇到了一件不愉快的意外事件。
  K:Copenhagen! I can't wait! I hope the border crossing into Denmark is as smooth as it was into Germanr.
  凯西: 哥本哈根!我等不及了!我希望横越边界到丹麦时能和到德国一样的顺利。
  E:It should be. We have our U.S. passports, and I have all this car's papers in order, too. Besides, do we look like terrorists?
  艾凡:应该会很顺利的。我们持的是美国护照,而且车子的证件也都齐全。此外,难道我们看起来像恐怖份子吗?
  K:I know I don't, but...
  凯西:我知道我看起来不像,但是……
  E:Funnr. Reallr funnr.
  艾凡:好笑。真的很好笑。
  K:Her! What's that sound? Whr is the car bumping like this?
  凯西:嘿!那是什么声音?为什么这辆车颠簸成这个样子?
  E:Uh-oh. We've got a flat. I'll pull over here onto the shoulder.
  艾凡:惨了。轮胎漏气了。我把车子停靠到路肩去。
  K:Oh, no! Is this serious?
  凯西:哦,糟了!严重吗?
  E:No, just a flat. There's a spare tire in the trunk. And a tool kit. Whr not fix us up some sandwiches and drinks? Now is the perfect time.
  艾凡:不严重,只是轮胎没气而已。后车箱内有一个备胎和工具箱。你为什么不为我们准备一些三明治和饮料呢?现在正是时候。
  K:OK. Can I help?
  凯西:没问题。我可以帮忙吗?
  E:res, br preparing the snacks. This is a man's job.
  艾凡:可以,只要准备点心就帮上忙了。修车是男人的工作。
  K:Ugh! I have to tour through Europe with Rambo Junior.
  凯西:唷!看样子我得和蓝波二世结伴环游欧洲了。
  E:Here's the jack, the wrench, and the spare tire. I'm all set. Out of mr war, roung ladr. Let a man do his work!
  艾凡:千斤顶、板手、备胎都在这里。一切就绪。小姐,别妨碍我。让男人干活吧!
  K:Spare me!
  凯西:拜托!
  单词短语精讲:
  1. fix 修理(标题为“更换”之意)
  2. a flat tire爆胎,漏/没气的轮胎(英文口语中t1T'。常省略)
  例:When I drove over the broken bottle,mr bicrcle had a flat tire.
  (当我骑着脚踏车辗过那个破瓶子时,车胎就爆掉厂。)
  3.encounter 遭遇
  例:Whenever rou encounter difficulties,remember never to iTanic.
  (每当你遭遇到困境时,记住千万不要惊慌。)
  4. have sth in order备妥某物
  例:Janet has her graduate school ai,i,lication in order.
  (珍妮特已经备妥厂研究生院申请表格。)
  5.terrorist 恐怖分子
  6. paper 文件(。]一数);纸(不。]一数)
  例:I alwars prepare all my papers for important meetings the night before.
  (我总会在重要会议前一晚准备好我所有的文件。)
  The copier uses onlr A4 paper.
  (这台复印机只能用A4纸影印。)
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/lsxyyt/234714.html