赖世雄旅游观光英语通 第47期:散步(在线收听

   Taking a Walk

  散步
  After their lunch, Kathy and Evan decide to take a walk around the pond and through the woods.
  午餐后,凯西和艾凡决定沿着池塘及穿过森林散步。
  K:The summers are so great here! Not hot at all. I love the cooling breezes, the clear air, all the greenery.
  凯西:这里的夏天真是宜人!一点也不热。我喜欢凉凉的微风、清净的空气,和这片绿意盎然的大地。
  E:This really has been a wonderful holiday for us. Shall we take a walk around the pond? Or into those woods for a while?
  艾凡:我们这次的假期真的很棒。我们是要沿着池塘走走,还是到那片树林散一会儿步呢?
  K:Let's do both! Are we in a rush or anything?
  凯西:咱们两件事都做好了!我们要赶时间还是什么吗?
  E:No, not really. I had thought we'd stay in Hamburg tonight, but we can't unless we rush it. Let's stay in Bremen instead. Tomorrow we can have lunch in Hamburg, then check into a hostel in Copenhagen and have dinner there.
  艾凡:不,不是真的在赶时间。我本来想今晚我们就住在汉堡市,但是除非我们匆匆赶路,否则是到不了那里的。咱们改住在不来梅好了。明天我们在汉堡市吃午餐,然后下榻在哥本哈根的青年旅社并在那里用晚餐。
  K:Sounds fine to me. Whatever. Let's enjoy this pond first.
  凯西:听来很不错。不管怎样,咱们先欣赏这个池塘吧。
  E:Sure. We can walk around to that path that leads into the woods there. Hey, look! There are some wild ducks over there in the reeds.
  艾凡:好呀。我们可以绕道走到那边那条通往树林的小路去。嘿,瞧!那边的芦苇中有几只野鸭子。
  K:I see them! Wow! How do you know they're wild?
  凯西:我看到了!哇!你怎么知道它们是野生的呢?
  E:I used to go hunting with my uncle; that's how.
  艾凡:我以前曾和我叔叔去打猎,所以我知道。
  K:They're neat. Now let's take that path into the woods and see what we can see...
  凯西:它们真是漂亮。咱们现在就抄小路到那片树林里去看看我们能看到什么东西……
  单词短语精讲:
  1. greenery 绿树(不日丁数)
  例:Many people prefer living in the suburbs where there is more greeneny
  (许多人比较喜欢住在绿树一多一点的郊区。)
  2. for a while一会儿
  例:The babv slept for。while but then woke up again and started raying.
  (那名婴儿睡厂一会儿后就又醒来开始哭泣。)
  3 . rush 匆忙&vt使赶到,使仓促行动
  in a hush匆忙地
  =in a hum-v
  hush sb to+地方名词将某人火速送往某地
  例:Why me you always in such a hum-y?
  (你为什么总是那么匆忙,!)
  We' d better hush Mr Hmkins to the hosPital;I think he's having a heart attack!
  (我们最好赶快送哈金斯先生到医院去,我想他心脏病发作厂!)
  have a heart attack心脏病发作
  4. …or anything/ something`?……还是怎么r}
  例:A:Have you seen Ed recently?
  B:No,why?
  A:Is he mazv on something? He keeps on talking about living on Mans!
  (甲:你最近见过艾德吗,!)
  (乙:没有,为什么这么问呢,!)
  (甲:他是疯厂还是怎么厂?他不断地说要住在火星上!)
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/lsxyyt/234717.html