赖世雄旅游观光英语通 第54期:找到会说英语的人(在线收听) |
Finding an EnglishSpeaker 找到会说英语的人
Evan gets out of the car and goes into the restaurant. He speaks with the proprietress.
艾凡下车走到那家餐馆。他和餐馆的女老板说话。
E:Excuse me, but do you speak English?
艾 凡:打扰一下,你会说英语吗?
P:Nein. Nicht gut. Mein daughter speak the English. Here you wait, OK?
女老板:Nein(不)。Nicht gut(不好)。Mein(我的)女儿说这个英语。这里你等一下,好吗?
E:Uh, sure, thanks.
(The proprietress fetches her daughter.)
艾 凡:呃,没问题,谢谢。
(餐馆女老板叫来了她女儿。)
D:Hello. My name is Gertrude. May I help you?
女 儿:哈啰。我叫葛楚德。需要我帮忙吗?
E:Whew! I'm sorry, but I can't speak German. May I ask you a question?
艾 凡:咻!很抱歉,我不会讲德语。我可以请教你一个问题吗?
D:Yes, of course.
女 儿:当然可以。
E:My girlfriend and I...
艾 凡:我和我女朋友……
D:Your girlfriend? Where is she?
女 儿:你女朋友?她在哪儿?
E:Well, she's in the car waiting. You see, we're lost. We're trying to find the road to Bremen.
艾 凡:嗯,她在车内等我。你看得出来,我们迷路了。我们正在设法寻找到不来梅的路。
D:You must ask your girlfriend to come in. It's cool outside in the car. And it's night already. First things first. You must be hungry. Why not have your dinner with us here? My mother is a great cook. Bring your girlfriend inside and we'll serve you a dinner you'll never forget.
女 儿:你一定要叫你女朋友进来,待在外面的车子里很凉的。更何况现在已经是晚上了。重要的事必须先做。你们一定饿了。何不在我们这儿吃晚饭呢?我妈妈的菜做得很棒。把你的女朋友带到餐馆里面来吧,我们会让你们享用一顿终生难忘的晚餐。
E:And Bremen?
艾 凡:那不来梅呢?
D:It's only 20 kilometers from here. But relax now. Enjoy real German cuisine that you won't find in the big city.
女 儿:从这里去只有二十公里。现在就轻松一下,享受一顿在大城市吃不到的真正德国料理。
E:You talked me into it. I'll go get Kathy now.
艾 凡:你说动我了。我现在去叫凯西。
单词短语精讲:
1. proprietress 女所有者;女老板
proprietor 男所有者,男老板
2. First things first.重要的事情先办。
例:A:Fell,let's get busv typing our paper. I took out these books from the library.
B:Whoa!First things first. We have to white an outline. Then we can do our nesemeh and then white.
(甲:lll}l,日自介J赶忙来打报告吧。我从咚}书馆借来厂这些书。)
(乙:嘿!重要的事情先办。我们必须写份大纲,之后做研究,然后才动笔写。)
3.Why not+原形动词? 为什么不……呢?
例:Why not stay here fon the ninht}?
(币J不留下来过夜呢,!)
4. serve sb+三餐替某人端送……(三餐)
例:In this new restaurant the waitresses wear special costumes when they-serve customers dinner
(在这家新餐厅里,女服务生穿著特jll}的服装为顾客端送晚餐。)
5. cuisine 烹饪,米卜甲
例:Japanese cuisine is famous all around the world for its raw seafood.
(日木料理以生鲜海产闻名全世界。)
6. talk sb .into+N/Ving 说服某人做……
talk sh.out of+ N/Vine 说服某人不要做……
例:I ididn't want to go to the party,but John talked me into it.
=John talked me into going to the party although I didn't want to go.
(虽然我不想参加派对,但是约翰说服我去参加。)
I tried to talk John out of it but he convinced me to attend the party
(我努力说服约翰不要去参加派对,但他说服厂我去参加。) |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/lsxyyt/234727.html |