赖世雄旅游观光英语通 第56期:山穷水尽,柳暗花明(在线收听

   Once Lost,Now Found

  山穷水尽,柳暗花明
  After breakfast the next morning, Kathy and Evan say goodbye to Gertrude and her mother and take their leave.
  第二天早餐后,凯西和艾凡向葛楚德和她妈妈道别并且启程离开。
  K: They were sweet. Everyone is so friendly here so far.
  凯西:她们真是好心。到目前为止,这里每个人都很友善。
  E: I can't believe our luck. Even our "bad" luck turns into good luck!
  艾凡:我真不敢相信我们运气会这么好。连我们的“坏”运竟也成了好运!
  K: The route Gertrude suggested is sure pretty. There ar e so many farms along the way. So many trees, ponds, rivers.
  凯西:葛楚德建议的路线,风景的确很美。沿途有这么多农场,这么多树木、池塘、河流。
  E: And castles. You can notice some of them on the tops of the hills. Many of them are ruins, but you can sense that Germany has a lot of history.
  艾凡:还有城堡。你可以看到山顶上的一些城堡。许多城堡已成废墟,但是你可以感受到德国有丰富的历史。
  K: Uh-oh. What if the people on the border to Denmark don't speak English?
  凯西:糟了。如果丹麦边界上的人不会说英语怎么办呢?
  E: Don't be silly. Nearly everyone here in northern Europe speaks some English. Of course, the customs officers must know some English.
  艾凡:别傻了。在北欧这里几乎每个人都会讲一点英语。海关官员一定会懂一些英语的。
  K: I hope so. I'm part Danish, but I don't know any Danish.
  凯西:希望如此。我有部分丹麦血统,但我不会说丹麦语。
  E: Like me. I'm part Dutch, but I don't know any Dutch.
  艾凡:跟我一样。我有部分荷兰血统,但我不会说荷语。
  K: Maybe we should learn a foreign language.
  凯西:也许我们应该学一种外语。
  E: I think you're right. But I would want to learn German. And you?
  艾凡:我想你说得对。我想学德语。你呢?
  K: Japanese. I love Japanese food!
  凯西:日语。我喜欢日本料理!
  单词短语精讲:
  1.so far 到目前为止
  例:Carh promised us that he would finish his work on time_but so far he hasn't
  (贾斯答应我们他会准时做完他的工作,但是到目前为止,他还没有做
  完。)
  2. turn into…转变成……
  例:It was raining this morninn,but it's turned into a fine day after lunch trme.
  (今早下山,但在z{几餐时间过后,天气转晴厂。)
  3 . ruin 废墟(常用复数形)&此破坏
  例:The Ire left their beloved home in nothinn but ruins.
  (那场火灾烧得他们心爱的家尽毁成厂废墟。)
  The ants,mosquitoes and bees ruined our
  family's picnic.
  (蚂蚁、蚊子和蜜蜂破坏厂我们家的野餐。)
  4. sense 意识到
  例:Ron's horse sensed danger and stopped.
  (罗恩的马意识到有危险而停厂下来。)
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/lsxyyt/234729.html