如何讲一口地道的美语(在线收听

   see things in black and white 把什么问题看的过于简单,刻板

  Eg: I'm seeing things in black and white , you're either with us or against us. 我把一切都看清楚了,要么你站在我这边,要么就反对我。
  Eg : You have to stop seeing things in black and white, there are many ways to look at a situation. 你不应该如此简单的看待问题,因为有许多方法的。
  save the day 拯救...的一天;帮....很大的忙(引申)力挽狂澜
  例:Our team was losing the game until Duren scored 3 goals in a row ! I saved the day. 直到duran连进仨球力挽狂澜,我们队才不至于输掉比赛。
  all talk 光说不做
  例:You're all talk , There's no way you got five girls phone numbers tonight . 嘿!你在吹牛呢。 今晚你不可能弄到5个女孩子的电话号码。
  You think you can beat me at tennis ? You're all talk , I've seen you play , and I can beat you playing with my left hand. 你认为能在网球比赛中击败我。你简直是吹牛。我看过你的比赛,我能用左手击败你!
  give sth a shot 尝试
  例:I'm not sure If I'll be able to help you with your homework , but I 'll give it a shot . 我不能确定能否帮助你写家庭作业。但是我会去试试的。
  You're not really qualified for this job , but I like you ,so I'll give you a shot . 你不是很胜任这项工作。可我喜欢你。所以我会给你这个机会的。
  ugly display 行为恶劣
  例:Can you believe the ugly display, he put on at the dinner party last night? He kept saying the food was bad. 你能相信昨晚他在餐会上的劣行吗?他一直在抱怨菜的质量。
  kick yourself 自责
  例:I know you're upset about failing that test, but stop kicking yourself , you tried your best.我知道你在为考试失利而难过,但是你别再自责了。因为你已经尽力了。
  think twice 仔细考虑 ,再三考虑
  他企图让我们再三考虑放过他。
  I took the job as soon as they offered it , I didn't even think twice.
  他们一给我提供了这个工作我就参加了,我都没加考虑。
  itch to do something 迫不及待做...热切期望
  例:Oh, man, I'm itching to get off work , I have a hot date tonight .
  噢,先生。我已经迫不及待要下班了。今晚我有个很棒的约会啊!
  pull something off 克服困难做成某事
  例:I don't know how we're gonna pull this meeting off , we still don't have all the facts. 我真不知道我们该如何把会开下去。我们又没有任何数据。
  leave somebody hanging 把....晾在一边,不理睬
  例:Why didi you ignore me at the part last night? 昨晚你为什么忽略了我?
  I can't believe you left me hanging . 我简直不能相信你能将我置之不理。
  They never told me why they turned down my appointment they just left me hanging. 他们没对外婆解释为何拒绝我。他们只是把我晾在了一边。
  play dumb 装傻
  例:Stop playing dumb! I know you know who ate the last piece of cake . 别再装傻了!我知道你清楚是谁吃的最后一块蛋糕。
  When the police get here, Let's play dumb, I don't want to get in trouble for something I didn't do. 警察来这时,咱们得装傻。我可不想卷入麻烦,我可什么都没做啊!
  turn on the charm 施展,释放魅力
  eg : If you want girl to like you. 如果你想让女孩喜欢你。
  You'd better turn on the charm . 你就要施展你的魅力喽。
  prank: 恶作剧
  eg : We're hiding our teacher's bike from her . 我们把老师的自行车藏起来了。
  It was a great prank ! 真是一个太棒的恶作剧啊!
  She was looking for it for hours . 她已经找了好几个小时了.
  play a prank 恶作剧
  Eg : You guys better stop playing those prank on your sister . 你们几个家伙最好别欺负你妹妹了!
  bigger fish to fry 有更重要的事情要办
  Eg : I can't waste my time in this dead end job . 我再也不想把时间僵在这工作上了。
  I've got bigger fish to fry . 我要去办更有意义的事情。
  Eg : I don't care if I get into BeiDa . 我不在乎是否被北大录取。
  I've got bigger fish to fry . 我还有远大前程呢!
  I'm going to UCCA . 我即将去南加洲了。
  phase 一个人一生中必经阶段
  例:I went through a phase in high school where I dyed my hair bright purple. 上高中时我经历了一个将头发染成紫色的阶段。
  I'm in a phase of my life , when I really need to focus on my career . 我要历经生活中的必经阶段,那就是我必须要全身心投入到我的工作中。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/listen/yyky2/236881.html