英语小达人 244 What Did the Doctor Say?(在线收听

   What Did the Doctor Say?

  医生说什么了?
  A woman accompanied her husband to the doctor's office.
  妻子陪丈夫去看医生。
  After his checkup, the doctor called the wife into his office alone. He said, "Your husband is suffering from a very severe functional disorder. If you don't follow my instructions carefully, your husband will surely die.
  检查之后,医生把妻子单独叫到办公室,对她说:“你丈夫患有严重的功能紊乱。如果你不能严格按照医嘱做,他一定会死的。”
  "Each morning, fix him a healthy breakfast. Be pleasant at all times. For lunch make him a nutritious meat. For dinner prepare an especially nice meal for him.
  “每天早上给他做一顿健康早餐。让他保持心情舒畅。午餐要给他增加营养,晚饭更要精心准备。”
  "Don't burden him with chores. Don't discuss your problems with him. Do not nag him.
  “不要让他做家务;不要和他讨论问题;不要对他唠叨不休。”
  "If you can do this for the next 10 months to a year, I think your husband will regain his health completely."
  “如果你能坚持这样做10个月到1年,我相信你的丈夫会完全康复的。”
  On the way home, the husband asked his wife, "What did the doctor say?"
  回家的路上,丈夫问妻子:“医生说什么了?”
  "He said you're going to die," she replied.
  她答道:“他说你要死了。”
  重点讲解:
  1. suffer from
  (因疾病或处于其他不利境地而)受苦,受难,受折磨;
  eg. I often suffer from unaccountable headaches.
  我常莫名其妙地头疼。
  eg. I realized he was suffering from shock.
  我意识到他休克了。
  eg. She suffered from the gossip of her neighbors.
  她因为邻居们的闲言碎语而感到困扰。
  2. fix
  fix some food/drink准备/做(食物或饮料);
  eg. Let me fix you a drink.
  我给你弄杯饮料吧。
  eg. Scotty stayed behind to fix lunch.
  斯科蒂留下来做午饭。
  3. burden sb. with sth.
  使烦恼;烦扰;
  eg. We decided not to burden him with the news.
  我们决定不拿这个消息去烦他。
  eg. I don't want to burden you with my problem.
  我不想让我的问题给你添麻烦。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/yyxdr/238654.html