英语小达人 250 I'm Free Now(在线收听

   I'm Free Now

  现在我自由了
  A couple were celebrating their 30th wedding anniversary at their home.
  一对夫妇在家庆祝结婚30周年。
  Everyone was having a great time except for the wife who sat off in a corner with a tear in her eye. The family attorney came over to her and asked what was wrong.
  每个人都很尽兴,只有那个妻子坐在角落里,暗自垂泪。家庭律师走过来问她怎么了。
  The wife told him, "Remember when we first got married and I told you that I couldn't stand him after about a month into the marriage? I really hated him at the time."
  她说:“我们婚后大约一个月时,我对你说过我受不了他,你还记得吗?那时候我真的很讨厌他。”
  "Yeah, I remember those trying times," replied the attorney.
  “是的,我记得那段难捱的日子,”律师说。
  "I absolutely hated him. I even had bad thoughts of killing him, remember?"
  “当时我真是恨他呀。我甚至想过杀了他,记得吗?”
  "Yes, I do."
  “是的。”
  "But you kept telling me to get rid of those thoughts. You said that I would get up to thirty years for such a crime."
  “是你一直劝我不要那样想。你说那样的话,我最高会获罪30年。”
  "That was a long time ago though. Why are you so sad now?"
  “那是很久以前的事了。你现在干吗这么伤心。”
  "Because... I could have been a free woman by now!"
  “因为从现在起,我就重获自由了!”
  重点讲解:
  1. have a great time
  玩得高兴;过得非常愉快;玩得愉快;
  eg. We'll have a great time camping out, I'm sure.
  我确定我们会在露营时玩得很开心。
  eg. Users can still have a great time singing songs while stuck in a traffic jam.
  塞车时,车内的人仍可以尽情歌唱来欢度时光。
  2. except for
  除了;除…之外;唯有;
  eg. He hadn't eaten a thing except for one forkful of salad.
  除了一餐叉色拉,他什么都没吃。
  eg. Everyone was late, except for Richard.
  除了理查德,其他所有人都迟到了。
  3. get rid of
  扔掉;丢弃;摆脱;甩掉;赶走;
  eg. The owner needs to get rid of the car for financial reasons.
  因为经济原因,车主必须把汽车处理掉。
  eg. She will have to get rid of the excess weight on her hips.
  她得减去臀部多余的脂肪。
  eg. You seem in rather a hurry to get rid of me.
  看起来你急于想摆脱我。
  4. up to
  高达;多达;
  eg. Up to twenty thousand students paid between five and six thousand dollars.
  多达20,000名学生支付了5,000到6,000美元。
  eg. It could be up to two years before the process is complete.
  这一过程可能要两年时间才能完成。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/yyxdr/238685.html