留学生在中国 第30期 Close Shop 打烊(在线收听

   Chapter 30 Time to Close Shop第30章商店该打烊了David : Do department stores like this usually close at 9:30 ?

  这样的百货商店通常是 9:30 关门吗?
  You: Yup.
  是的。
  David : But the workers have to stay afterwards?
  但是员工还得再呆一会儿吧?
  You:Yes, they have to wait for all the customers to leave the building.
  是的,他们必须等所有顾客离开后才能离开。
  David : Do you mean to leave the store?
  你是说离开百货商店吗?
  You : Yes, to leave the store.
  对,离开商店。
  David : And then when the bell rings, all the workers go running. It is interesting. They stand still waiting for the customers, and then all of a sudden, there is a mad dash. It is like they are escaping.
  然后,当铃响时,所有的员工都开始匆忙地离开了。真是太有趣了——他们先是站着等候顾客离开,然后,突然一下就不见了。像是逃跑了。
  You:But they have a meeting in the evening.
  不过,他们晚上有会议啊。
  David : Wait a second. What did the store’s loudspeaker just announce?
  等等,刚才广播里通知什么了?
  You :All workers have a meeting in the evening on the third floor.
  全体员工今晚在三楼开会。
  David : So they all have to go there after work? I think I’ve seen it before in a grocery store. They all line up and the boss tells them what to do and what they did badly.
  这么说,全体员工必须在下班后去三楼吗?我想我曾在一家杂货店门口遇见过这类事情。全体员工排队站在一起,老板吩咐他们要做的事情,并且提出员工们做得不好的地方。
  You :Yes. They talk to the boss and he gives them the orders.
  是的。他们向老板汇报工作。老板吩咐他们做事。
  David : What did the loudspeaker announce just now?
  刚才广播里又通知什么了?
  You :They welcomed all the customers to return to the store.
  说“欢迎您再次光临本店”。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/lxszg/239434.html