留学生在中国 第34期 Favourite Sports 最喜欢的运动(在线收听

   Chapter 33 What sports do you like第33章 你喜欢什么运动David:Do many people in your company do exercise?

  你们公司锻炼的人多吗?
  You:Yes. Many young, single people with desk jobs, like me, join sports clubs for exercise on the weekends.
  很多年轻人都进行锻炼。坐办公室的单身一族们,像我,周末都会到健身俱乐部去锻炼。
  David:What kind of sports?
  玩什么?
  You:Volleyball, basketball, and manbe golf if well-off.
  排球、篮球,如果经济宽裕的话就打高尔夫。
  David:People who have more money can afford golf. Other sports like volleyball are a good model for teamwork. It is good to do with coworkers.
  经济宽裕的人才打得起高尔夫。其它的运动——像排球——就很适合集体活动,和同事们一起玩很有趣。
  You:I think I’ll try volleyball sometime. Playing sports is very social. Nowadays, in modern life, people spend more and more time on their own, so sports are a good way to socialize. What kinds of sports do you like?
  我有时也想试试打排球,有利于社交嘛。人们现在独处的时间好像越来越多了,做些运动是应该有利于社交的。你喜欢什么运动?
  David:Mostly soccer, or football, I play in a team.
  足球,我参加了一个足球队。
  You:Are you the captain of the team?
  你是队长吗?
  David:No, I am just a player. I’m too old to be the captain.
  不,只是个队员。我太老了,不能当队长了。
  You:What role do you play on the team?
  你在队里是什么角色?
  David:You mean what position you play. "What role" is more like "what role did you play in the theater?"应该说“你踢什么位置”。“什么角色”更多是用在“你在剧中扮演什么角色”这样的句子里。
  You:那你踢什么位置?So what’s your position?
  David:I play forward, striker.
  我踢前锋。
  You:So you mainly play on the other side's turf trying to score goals.
  on the other side's turf: "on someone's turf"直译为“在他们控制或掌管的草地上”,喻意是“在某人的地盘上”。 那你主要在对方的半场活动,射门。
  David:Something like that.
  差不多吧。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/lxszg/239439.html