《名人传记》之乔布斯遗失的访谈44:背离苹果的企业文化(在线收听

   So we had a little bit of that problem at apple.

  苹果也有这方面的问题
  And that problem eventually resulted in the Lisa, which had its moment of brilliance,
  这些问题最终导致Lisa电脑失败
  in a way it was very far ahead at its time…but that was not enough fundamental content understanding. Apple drifted too far away from its roots.
  Lisa是一款非常超前的产品,但是它过于超前了,以致偏离了产品的宗旨
  To these HP guys, 10,000 dollars was cheap, to our market, to our distribution channels, 10,000 dollars was impossible.
  在这些从惠普跳槽来的人眼里,1万美元的零售价不贵,但是市场和经销商觉得这个价格太离谱了
  So, we produced the product which completely mismatch for the culture of our company,
  Lisa的定位彻底背离了苹果的企业文化
  for the image of our company, for the distribution channels of our company, for the current customers.
  背离了公司的形象,也背离了经销商与消费者的期待
  None of them could afford a product like that. And it failed.
  苹果的老顾客根本买不起这么贵的产品。所以它失败了
  Like you and John Couch fought for leadership?
  就如同你同John Couch对领导权的争夺一般?
  Absolutely, and I lost. That’s correct.
  是的,我输了。
  How did they come about?
  为什么会起争执?
  Well... I thought Lisa was in serious trouble,
  我认为Lisa当时面临困境
  and I thought Lisa was going off this very bad direction as I have just described, and err...
  而且越陷越深
  I couldn't convince enough people and the senior management of Apple, but that was the case...we ran the places as team for most part.
  我没能争取到大多数高管的支持,所以我也无能为力,只能服从团队的决定
  So I lost, and at that point of time, you know I bruted for a few months…
  我失败了,那段时间我很消沉
  but it was not very long after that it really occurred to me that if we didn't do something here, the Apple II was running out of gas,
  但我很快意识到如果不振作起来,Apple II会重蹈覆辙
  and we needed to do something with this technology fast, or else Apple might cease to exist as the company that it was.
  应该尽快利用这些新技术,否则苹果将止步不前
  So I formed a small team to do the Mackintosh, and we were on a mission from God to save Apple.
  所以我组织了一个小组研发Mackintosh,就像是奉了上帝的旨意来拯救苹果
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/mrzj/249451.html