《名人传记》之乔布斯遗失的访谈61:Web开启IT行业新大门(在线收听) |
So I guess... I think the web, if we look back 10 years back now. 如果将来回顾计算机发展历史
The web is going to be a defining technology a defining social moment for computing.
web技术必然成为重要的里程碑
I think it's going to be huge and I think it brews a whole new generation of life into personal computing, I think it's going to be huge.
它的潜力很大,会吸引更多年轻人进入计算机行业
And you are making software that …
你们正在开发…
Of course, so is everybody, I mean forget about what we are doing, as an industry, the web is going to open a whole new door to this industry.
不仅是我们,Web为IT行业开启了新的大门。
It's another one of those things that it's obvious once it happens, but 5 years ago, who would have guessed?
放在5年之前,谁能想象得到呢?
That's right. Isn't this a wonderful place we are in.
没错,多么奇妙的行业呀!
I was keen to know about Steve's passion,
我很想知道Steve的工作热情来自哪里?
what drove him?
是什么在激励他?
I read an article when I was very young, in the Scientific American,
我小时候读过《科学美国人》杂志的一篇文章
and it measures the efficiency of locomotion for various species on the planet.
杂志比较了地球上不同物种的移动效率
So for you know for bear, Chimpanzee, raccoons and birds, and fish,
比如熊、猩猩、浣熊、鸟类、鱼类等
how many calories per kilometer they spend to move, and humans was measured too, the condor won,
计算它们每移动一公里消耗的热量,还有人类,最后秃鹫赢了
it was the most efficient, and the mankind, the crowned creation, came in with rather unimpressive showing about 3rd way down the list,
它的移动效率最高,作为万物之灵的人类,排在倒数第几位
but somebody there had the brilliance to test a human riding a bicycle,
但是杂志特地测量了人类骑自行车的效率
blew away the condor, all the way off the charts,
结果把秃鹫远远甩在了身后
and I remember this really had an impact on me.
在排名上遥遥领先。这篇文章给我留下了深刻的印象
I really remember this - humans were tool builders,
人类擅长发明工具
and we build tools that can dramatically amplify our human abilities.
工具够赋予我们奇妙的能力 |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/mrzj/249537.html |