迷你对话学地道口语第26期:大喜日子(在线收听

  [00:00:04] My son came home from three years in the navy.
我儿子在海军服役三年,终于回家了。
[00:07:26] It was a real red letter day for you.
那天对你来说可真是个大喜的日子。
[00:11:56] Yeah.
的确如此。
[00:12:19] We rolled out the red carpet to welcome him home.
我们简直把他当贵宾一样来欢迎。
习语:a red letter day
讲解:日历上圣徒礼拜及节日均由红色字标明,因此a red letter day 往往指“特别重要的日子”,即:大喜日子,如:“结婚,胜利或接受荣誉符号”等。
支持范例:
It was a red letter day for us when Paul came home from the war.
对我们来说,保罗打完仗回家的那一天,是个值得纪念的好日子。
My father said the day I was born was a red letter day.
我的父亲说我的生日是个喜庆日。迷你对话:
A:My son came home from three years in the navy.
我儿子在海军服役三年,终于回家了。
B:It wasa real red letter dayfor you.
那天对你来说可真是个大喜的日子。
A:Yeah. We rolled out the red carpet to welcome him home.
的确如此,我们简直把他当贵宾一样来欢迎。
词海拾贝:
roll out the red carpet:隆重欢迎
My mother-in-law is coming from Canada to stay with us so I suppose we’ll have toroll out the red carpet.
我岳母将从加拿大来和我们小住一段时间,因此我想我们得隆重接待。
Actually, not all stores in Americaroll out the red carpet fortheir customers.
事实上,并不是所有美国的商店都待顾客如同上宾一般。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/mndhddky/258810.html