迷你对话学地道口语第29期:大煞风景(在线收听

  [00:00:01] What are you thinking about?
你在想什么呢?
[00:02:56] About my boyfriend.
想我男朋友了。
[00:05:08] Again!
又来了!
[00:05:44] You are really a wet blanket.
你真让人扫兴。
a wet blanket
讲解:该短语出自苏格兰小说家John Galt 的小说《劳里·托德》或《森林开拓者》。书中用了这一说法:“以前我来从来瀴有感觉到如此高兴”。I have never felt such a wet blanket before or since. 可能因为在潮湿的气候下,湿毯子令人不舒服吧,后人就用 a wet blanket 指让人扫兴的人或事。
支持范例:
The teenagers don't invite Bob to their parties because he is a wet blanket.
少年们不邀请鲍伯参加舞会,因为他常煞风景。
Don't be a wet Blanket. They all enjoy your going there with them.
别扫大家的兴。他们都希望你和他们一起去那里。
He was such a wet blanket at the party that they never invited him again.
他在那次聚会中异常扫兴, 人家再也不邀请他了。
迷你对话:
A:What are you thinking about?
你在想什么呢?
B:About my boyfriend.
想我男朋友了。
A:Again!
又来了!
B:You are really a wet blanket.
你真让人扫兴。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/mndhddky/258818.html