影视剧中的职场美语 第82期:谈论职业病(在线收听

  Lynette:How's your back?
莱纳蒂:你的背怎么样了?
Tom:If I don't breathe, great. God, it has been so long since my back has acted up.
汤姆:如果不喘气的话很好。天呐,我的悲痛很久没发作了。
Then wham, out of the blue,I'm crying by a tree stump.
然后,突然间我疼得靠着一个树桩上哭起来了。
Lynette:Well, you're under a lot of stress.
莱纳蒂:哎,你压力太大了啊。
You got a new kid in the family. You're job hunting.
家里又添了一位成员,你还在找工作。
Tom:Ugh. Are we gonna fight about that again?
汤姆:啊,我们又要为这个吵架了吗?
Cause if so, I'm gonna need those last four muscle relaxants.
因为如果是那样的话,我需要把最后4片肌肉迟缓药也吃了。
Lynette:No, I don't wanna fight.
莱纳蒂:不,我不想吵架。
In fact, I was thinking...If you can't find something you like in advertising, maybe you should cast a wider net.
事实上,我在想,如果你不能在广告业找到你喜欢的工作,也许你可以找找别的。
Tom:Meaning what?
汤姆:什么意思?
Lynette:You're a bright guy.
莱纳蒂:你是个聪明人。
Isn't there anything else you might wanna do?
难道没有其他事是你想做的?
Tom:I'd like to play bass for Aerosmith.
汤姆:我想给史密斯飞船乐队当男低音。
Lynette:Okay, let's call that the backup plan.
莱纳蒂:好吧,我们把它列入备选计划。
But, seriously, don't you have some road not taken, some dream you never got around to?
不过说正经的,你还有没有想做而没做的事,有没有还没实现的梦想?
Tom:I don't know, maybe.
汤姆:不知道,也许吧。
Lynette:Maybe?
莱纳蒂:也许?
Tom:I don't know. You get married.
汤姆:我不知道,你结婚了。
You have kids and...you lose track of that stuff.
有孩子了,那么,你所有的梦想就离你远去了。
Lynette:Well, think about it, okay?
莱纳蒂:哦,那你好好想想吧,行吗?
Cause whatever you wanna do, I'm in your corner.
因为无论你想做什么,我都支持你。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/yszcmy/264059.html