英语小达人 310 A Woman's Guide to What a Man Is Really Saying(在线收听

   A Woman's Guide to What a Man Is Really Saying

  男人话语隐含意义指南
  I'M HUNGRY.
  我饿了。
  I'm hungry.
  我饿了。
  I'M SLEEPY.
  我困了。
  I'm sleepy.
  我困了。
  I'M TIRED.
  我累了。
  I'm tired.
  我累了。
  WHAT'S WRONG?
  出什么事了?
  I don't see why you're making such a big deal out of this.
  我不知道你为什么要这么小题大做。
  WHAT'S WRONG?
  出什么事了?
  What meaningless self-inflicted psychological trauma are you going through now?
  你又在那儿无病呻吟什么呢?
  YES, I LIKE THE WAY YOU CUT YOUR HAIR.
  是的,我喜欢你的新发型。
  I liked it better before.
  我还是比较喜欢你原来的发型。
  YES, I LIKE THE WAY YOU CUT YOUR HAIR.
  是的,我喜欢你的新发型。
  $50 and it doesn't look that much different!
  50块钱!这和以前看起来没多大不同!
  YES, I LIKE THE WAY YOU CUT YOUR HAIR.
  是的,我喜欢你的新发型。
  For $50 they should have GIVEN YOU hair!
  50块钱!他们该为你剪掉的头发付钱才对!
  重点讲解:
  1. make a big deal out of
  小题大做;
  eg. Let's not make a big deal out of this.
  我们不要小题大做。
  eg. Note passing a quick reprimand, so don't make a big deal out of it.
  对于传纸条,一句责备就足够了,不要小题大做。
  2. self-inflicted
  adj. (伤痛)故意加于自身的,有意自伤的;
  eg. He is being treated for a self-inflicted gunshot wound.
  他因开枪自残受伤正在接受治疗。
  eg. It is defeats are self-inflicted that it annoys me.
  这种由自己一手造成的 落败 令我很恼怒.
  3. go through
  经历,经受;
  eg. I don't ever want to go through anything like that again.
  我不想再经历那样的事了。
  eg. He is willing to go through the mill.
  他愿接受磨炼。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/yyxdr/265876.html