英语听书《海底两万里》第85期 第7章 一种从未见过的鱼(8)(在线收听) |
I tried to call out. What was the use at such a distance! My swollen lips wouldn't let a single sound through. 我想叫喊。距离这么远,叫喊有什么用!我的嘴唇肿得发不出声音。
Conseil could still articulate a few words, and I heard him repeat at intervals:Help! Help!
康塞尔还可以说话,我听到他好几次这样喊救命呀!救命呀!
Ceasing all movement for an instant, we listened. And it may have been a ringing in my ear, from this organ filling with impeded blood,
我们停一下动作,我们用心听。尽管我的耳朵充血,发出一种嗡嗡的声音,
but it seemed to me that Conseil's shout had received an answer back.
但我觉得似乎是有人呼喊,在回答康塞尔的叫唤。
Did you hear that? I muttered.Yes, yes!
你听见吗?我低声说。听见!听见!
And Conseil hurled another desperate plea into space.
康塞尔又向空中发出绝望的呼喊。
This time there could be no mistake! A human voice had answered us!
这一次,不可能有错误了!是有一个人在回答我们的呼喊!
Was it the voice of some poor devil left behind in midocean, some other victim of that collision suffered by our ship?
是被抛弃在大海中的受难者吗?是撞船的另一牺牲者吗?
Or was it one of the frigate's longboats, hailing us out of the gloom?
还是战舰上的一只小艇在黑暗中呼唤我们呢? |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/hdlwl/273108.html |