生活大爆炸第一季第十集_3:The Loobenfeld Decay(在线收听

   生活大爆炸第一季第十集_3:The Loobenfeld Decay

  -Sheldon:Leonard? Leonard? Leonard?
  -Leonard:Let it go, Sheldon.
  饶了我吧Sheldon。
  The murder was the first mate whether it makes sense to you or not.
  凶手是那个大副不管你能不能理解。
  -Sheldon:No, that's the least of our worries.
  不,那个根本不用担心。
  I've been doing some research on addiction-- both the biochemical and behavioral aspects-- and I think there's a problem with the current version of our lie.
  我对毒瘾做了些调查--- 生物化学方面和行为学方面的---我想我们现在那个谎言的版本有些问题。
  -Leonard:What are you talking about?
  你在说些什么呀?
  It's fine-- she bought it; it's over.
  好着呢-- 她相信了,都结束了。
  -Sheldon:Sadly, it's not.
  可悲的是没有。
  Substance abuse is a lifelong struggle, but beyond that, I have realized that the Leo I described would not have agreed to go to rehab.
  药物滥用是持续一生的问题,但除了那个以外我发现我所描述的那个 Leo 是不可能同意去戒毒的。
  -Leonard:Why not?
  为什么?
  -Sheldon:Because Leo's a middle child.
  因为Leo是家里的第二个孩子。
  -Leonard:There is no Leo! How can you say that?
  根本没有Leo这个人!你怎么能那样说?
  -Sheldon:You didn't read the bio, did you?
  你根本没看他的自传,是吧?
  He's not just a middle child; he is the quintessential middle child-- from a broken home, to boot.
  他不仅仅是排行老二他还是个典型的老二——家庭破裂到了极点。
  Psychologically speaking, the attention he gets by rebelling, even to the point of self-destruction,is more emotionally valuable than the help he would get at rehab.
  从心理学上来讲,他的叛逆甚至是自我毁灭所带来的关注,其情感价值也要比戒毒带给他的帮助高得多。
  -Leonard:I've got a solution.
  我有个办法。
  -Sheldon:Great. What is it?
  太好了,什么办法?
  -Leonard:Get out!
  滚出去!
  -Sheldon:Fine.
  好吧。
  I've hesitated to point this out, but I must now remind you that we are in our current predicament
  because of your initial and totally inadequate deceit. I'm just trying to clean up after your mess.
  我本来不想说,但是我必须提醒你我们现在身处险境,都是因为你最初的不高明的谎言导致的。我只是在收拾你的烂摊子。
  We'll talk in the morning.
  我们早上再讨论。
  -Boy:Morning.
  早上好。
  -Leonard:Who are you?
  你是谁?
  -Boy:I am Sheldon's cousin Leo.
  我是Sheldon的堂兄Leo。
  -Leonard:Oh! God! Sheldon does not have a cousin Leo.
  哦! 天啊! Sheldon 没有什么Leo堂兄。
  -Boy:Au contraire.
  正相反。
  I'm 26 years old. I'm originally from... Denton, Texas, but I was a Navy brat, so I was brought up on a variety of military bases around the world.
  我26岁,生于...德克萨斯州的丹顿市,但我是个海军士兵,所以我成长于世界各地的军事基地。
  As a result, I've often felt like an outsider-- never really fitting in, which is probably the reason for my substance abuse problem.
  因此一直觉得与社会格格不入-- 从来没能适应很有可能就是我药物成瘾问题的原因。
  -Sheldon:Excuse me, we just went over this. As the quintessential middle child, your addiction is rooted in your unmet need for attention.
  抱歉,我们刚刚谈过了,作为一个典型的排行老二,你上瘾的根源是无法满足你被关注的需求。
  -Boy:Oh, Sheldon, are we really going to go with pop psychology?
  Sheldon 我们不会真的要讨论现代心理学吧?
  -Sheldon:For your information, this is all based on solid research. Just stick with the character profile I wrote for you.
  只是告诉你一下这是基于我严密的研究基础上的,你照着我给你的人物性格资料来就行。
  -Leonard:Sheldon?
  -Sheldon:I'm sorry. Leonard, this is Toby Loobenfeld.
  抱歉Leonard 这是Toby Loobenfeld。
  He's a research assistant in the particle physics lab, but he also minored in theater at MIT.
  他是实用物理学实验室的助教,但他也在麻省理工学院辅修戏剧表演。
  -Boy:It was more of a double major, actually. Theater and physics. You can guess which one my bourgeois parents pushed me toward.
  其实是双学位,表演和物理,你们可以猜到我的中产阶级父母逼我学的是哪一种。
  -Leonard:Yeah, I got it. Sheldon...why?
  行了,我知道了,Sheldon... 怎么回事?
  -Sheldon:You see, while Leo would not have gone into rehab, it is completely plausible that we would have talked him into leaving the motel and coming home with us.
  你想当Leo没有同意回去戒毒的时候,最合理的就是我们劝他离开旅馆和我们一起回家。
  -Leonard:Oh...
  哦...
  -Boy:Sheldon, how about this as my motivation-- when I was 14 years old, I was abused in the Philippines by a clubfooted Navy chaplain.
  Sheldon 你觉得用这个动机怎么样-- 当我14岁的时候我在菲律宾受到一个畸形足的海军神父的虐待。
  -Sheldon:No. We're going with middle child and a genetic predisposition to inadequate serotonin production.
  不,要按照那个中间的孩子的说法,还有遗传性先天性5羟色胺分泌不足。
  -Boy:well. How do I play genetic predisposition?
  好吧,遗传性先天性缺陷要怎么演?
  -Sheldon:Subtextually, of course. Just have fun with it.
  当然是内在本质了,轻松点。
  Morning, Penny.
  早上好 Penny
  -Penny:Hi. How did the intervention go?
  嗨,干预治疗怎么样?
  -Sheldon:Unfortunately, we weren't able to convince him to go to rehab.
  很不幸,我们没能说服他回去继续戒毒。
  -Penny:Oh. Well, based on what you told me, I am not surprised.
  哦是啊,听你说的情况并不惊讶。
  -Sheldon:But we did convince him to leave the motel. Come say hello.
  但是我们说服他离开旅馆了。进来打个招呼吧。
  Leo. This is Penny, our friend and neighbor.
  Leo这是Penny 我们的朋友就住在隔壁。
  -Penny:Hi, Leo. How are you feeling?
  嗨 Leo感觉怎么样?
  -Boy:Let me ask you something, Penny. Have you ever woken up in a fleabag motel covered in your own vomit, next to a transsexual prostitute?
  让我问问你 Penny,你有没有试过在一个破烂的汽车旅馆里醒来全身都是自己的呕吐物,旁边还躺着一个变性妓女的?
  -Penny:No.
  没有。
  -Boy:Then don't ask me how I'm feeling.
  那就不要问我感觉怎么样。
  -Leonard:Well, that's Leo. Hey, um... why don't you tell me about your showcase last night?
  这就是Leo 嘿嗯...为什么不和我说说昨天晚上的表演呢?
  -Penny:Oh. It was okay, I guess. It wasn't a big turnout, but they both really seemed to like it.
  我觉得还不错,观众不多但是他们两个看起来都挺喜欢的。
  -Leonard:There were only two people there?
  只有两个人?
  -Penny:By the end, yeah.
  到最后是的。
  -Boy:Damn you, Chaplain Harrigan!
  操你的 Harrigan神父!
  -Penny:I'm... I'm sorry?
  你...你说什么?
  -Boy:The Philippines. 1992 The Subic Bay Naval Station. A young boy on the cusp of manhood.
  菲律宾人,1992年苏比克湾海军基地有个年轻人站在人生的转折点上。
  His only companions, mongrel dogs and malarial mosquitoes. Desperate and alone,
  他唯一的伙伴是杂种狗和携带疟原虫的蚊子,绝望而又孤单。
  He reached out to a man who promised to introduce him to a merciful, loving God, but who instead introduced him to a gin-pickled tongue shoved down his adolescent throat.
  他去请求一个人的帮助,那个人本来答应把他带到慈爱的上帝身边,但反而却把他那满是酒味的舌头伸到了他稚嫩的喉咙里去。
  What choice did he have but to drink, shoot and snort his pain away?
  他别无选择只能靠酒精、枪支和尼古丁逃避痛苦。
  -Sheldon:Don't forget his genetic predisposition towards addiction.
  别忘了,他还有先天性遗传基因的上瘾倾向。
  -Boy:That's never been proven.
  那没有被证实。
  -Sheldon:There have been studies.
  但有研究。
  -Boy:Not double-blind studies.
  不是双盲的研究吗。
  -Sheldon:How could there be a double-blind study? Who would be the control group?
  怎么可能有双盲研究?谁来当认证结果?
  -Leonard:As you can see, detoxing can get pretty ugly. Let's give them some privacy.
  看到了吧,戒毒的过程很黑暗,给他们保留点隐私吧。
  -Penny:Yeah. Hey, do you want to come over to my place, have coffee?
  好啊。嘿你愿不愿意到我那儿去喝杯咖啡?
  -Leonard:Oh, sounds good.
  好啊。
  -Penny:I have a video of me singing last night. Do you want to see it?
  我有昨天唱歌的录像,想不想看?
  -Leonard:Gee, why wouldn't I?
  咿呀为什么不呢?
  -Penny:This is even better than you coming to the showcase, because now I get to watch you watch me.
  这比你来现场更好,因为现在我可以看着你看我表演了。
  -Leonard:Yeah... Funny how things work out.
  是啊...事情总会变得很有趣。
  -Boy:...but he loved the companionship and the wisdom that his own father failed to provide.
  但是他需要伙伴以及智慧引导但他的父亲没能给他。
  -Sheldon:Your parents made the right decision.
  你父母的决定是对的。
  -Boy:I cannot work like this.
  这样我没法工作!
  -Boy:This is amazing. Just sitting on a couch watching TV with a woman. Not being drunk or, or high or wondering if you're a dude down there.
  这太奇妙了,坐在沙发上和女孩子一起看电视,而不是醉酒、兴奋或者担心你可能是个男人。
  -Penny:Leo, you are a very sweet, really funny guy. You're going to do okay.
  Leo 你是个非常贴心又有趣的人,你会好起来的。
  -Boy:One day at a time, Penny. One day at a time.
  总有一天 Penny,总有一天。
  -Leonard:How long is he going to stay here?
  他还要在这儿呆多久?
  -Sheldon:He's a homeless drug addict, Leonard. Where is he going to go? Boy, you have a lot to learn about lying.
  他是个无家可归的吸毒者 Leonard,他能去哪?兄弟对于撒谎你还得学好多呢。
  predicament:窘境
  quintessential:精髓的,典型的
  bourgeois:资产阶级
  clubfooted:畸形足
  chaplain:(学校或军队的)牧师
  genetic:遗传的
  predisposition:易患病的体质
  serotonin:血清素
  fleabag:廉价旅社
  covered in:以…覆盖
  vomit:呕吐物
  predisposition:易患病的体质,倾向
  detox:使戒去毒瘾
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/shdbz/shdbz1/288135.html