生活大爆炸第一季第十三集_2:The Bat Jar Conjecture(在线收听

   -Sheldon:Leonard, excellent. I want to show you something.

  excellent:太好了
  Leonard太好了,我想让你看点东西。
  -Leonard:Can it wait? I need to talk to you.
  能等一会吗,我们得谈谈。
  -Sheldon:Just look. I've designed the perfect uniforms for our team.
  design:设计 uniforms:制服
  你看,我为我们队设计了完美的制服。
  The colors are based on Star Trek: The Original Series.
  are based on:建立在…基础上 Star Trek:星舰迷航  Original:原始的
  颜色是根据"星舰"原始系列设计的。
  The three of you will wear Support Red,
  support:支撑,支援
  你们三个穿支援红色,
  And I will wear Command Gold.
  command:指挥
  我的是指挥官金色。
  -Leonard:Why do they say"AA"?
  上面为什么写着"AA"?
  -Sheldon:Army Ants.
  行军蚁啊。
  -Leonard:Isn't that confusing? "AA" might mean something else to certain people.
  confusing:含糊不清的 certain:某些
  会不会有歧义啊? "AA"也许对其他人来说有别的意思呢?(AA制)
  -Sheldon:Why would a Physics Bowl team be called Anodized Aluminum?
  Anodized:做阳极化处理的 aluminum:铝
  物理竞赛小组为什么会叫阳极化处理的铝(英文缩写也是"AA")?
  -Leonard:No, I meant...
  不,我是指...
  Never mind.
  别管它了。
  Hey, check it out, I got you a Batman cookie jar.
  cookie:饼干 jar:罐子
  嘿,看看,我给你买了个蝙蝠侠的饼干罐。
  -Sheldon:Oh, neat! What's the occasion?
  neat:整洁的 occasion:特殊场合,庆典
  喔,真精巧! 今天是什么大日子么?
  -Leonard:Well, you're a friend, and you like Batman
  这个... 你是我的朋友,你喜欢蝙蝠侠,
  And cookies, and you're off the team.
  还有饼干,而且你被移出小队了。
  -Sheldon:What?
  什么?
  -Leonard:Howard, Raj and I just had a team meeting.
  Howard、Raj和我刚刚开了给小组会议。
  -Sheldon:No, you didn't.
  不,你没有。
  -Leonard:Yes, we did. I just came from there.
  我们开了,我刚从那回来。
  -Sheldon:Okay, I don't know where you just came from,
  好吧,我不知道你刚刚从哪来,
  But it could not have been a team meeting
  但那不可能是个小组会议。
  Because I'm on the team and I wasn't there.
  因为我是小组成员,可我不在场
  Ergo, the team did not meet.
  ergo:因此
  因此小组没有开会。
  -Leonard:Okay, let me try it this way:
  好吧,我这样说吧。
  I was at a coffee klatch with a couple of friends,
  coffee klatch:咖啡聚会 klatch:谈话会
  我和几个朋友一起搞了个茶话会,
  And one thing led to another, and it turns out you're off the team.
  turns out:结果是
  从一件事谈到另一件,最后的结果是你被移出小队了。
  -Sheldon:Why?
  为什么?
  -Leonard:Because you're taking all the fun out of it.
  fun:乐趣
  因为你把所有乐趣都给毁了。
  -Sheldon:I'm sorry, is the winner of the Physics Bowl the team that has the most fun?
  winner:获胜者
  不好意思,难道赢得物理竞赛不是小组最大的乐趣吗?
  -Leonard:Okay, let me try it this way:
  好吧,那我再说明白点。
  You're annoying and no one wants to play with you any more.
  annoying:烦人的,讨厌的
  你很烦人,没人愿意和你一起玩了。
  -Sheldon:I see.
  明白了。
  Well, at this point I should inform you that I intend to form my own team
  inform:通知 intend:打算 form:组成
  好的,那么我应该通知你,我要组建自己的队伍,
  And destroy the molecular bonds that bind your very matter together,
  destroy:毁灭 molecular bonds:分子键 bind:捆绑
  打断你们所有的分子键,
  And reduce the resulting particulate chaos to tears.
  reduce:将…还原 particulate:微粒 chaos:混乱
  让产生的微粒混沌也难过得流眼泪。
  -Leonard:Thanks for the heads-up.
  heads-up:警告
  谢谢你的提醒。
  -Sheldon:You're welcome.
  不客气。
  One more thing.
  还有一件事。
  -Leonard:Yes?
  什么?
  -Sheldon:It's on, bitch.
  开战了,三八。
  -Howard:So who'd he get to be on his team?
  他会找谁组队?
  -Leonard:He won't say.
  他不会告诉我们的。
  He just smiles and eats macaroons out of his bat jar.
  macaroons:蛋白杏仁饼干
  他只是笑着从蝙蝠侠的饼干罐里拿蛋白杏仁饼干吃。
  -Raj:He's using psychological warfare.
  psychological:心理的 warfare:战争
  那是心理战术,
  We must reply in kind.
  reply:回复
  我们得好好地回应他。
  I say we wait until he looks at us,
  就等他朝我们这边看时,
  Then laugh like, "Yes, you are a smart and strong competitor,
  competitor:竞争者,对手
  就大笑,表现出你的确是个聪明的强劲的对手,
  But we are also smart and strong,
  但我们也不比你差,
  And we have a reasonable chance of defeating you.
  reasonable:合理的 chance:机会 defeating:击败
  而且我们很有机会赢你,怎么样?
  -Leonard:How exactly would that laugh go?
  那是怎么个笑法?
  -Howard:That sounds more like, "We are a tall, thin woman who wants to make a coat out of your Dalmatians."
  thin:瘦的 coat:外套   Dalmatians:达尔马提亚狗(俗称“斑点狗”)
  感觉更像是"我们是又高又瘦的"想用你的斑点狗做衣服的女人... ("101忠狗"中的邪恶女老板)
  -Leonard:Guys, let's remember that Sheldon is still our friend and my roommate.
  roommate:室友
  伙计们Sheldon仍然是我们的朋友和我的舍友啊。
  -Howard:So?
  所以呢?
  -Leonard:So nothing. Let's destroy him.
  没什么,我们毁灭他吧。
  -Sheldon:Gentlemen.
  先生们。
  -Howard:Okay, we're going to need a strong fourth for our team.
  我们需要一名强大的队友。
  -Raj:You know who is apparently very smart is the girl who played TV's Blossom.
  apparently:显然的
  我觉得演Blossom的那个女孩很聪明 (1991-1995年NBC电视台的喜剧)。
  She got a PhD. in neuroscience or something.
  PhD:博士学位 neuroscience:神经系统科学
  她在神经科学还是什么方面拿到了博士学位。
  -Leonard:Raj, we're not getting TV's Blossom to join our Physics Bowl team.
  Raj我们不会让电视里的Blossom来参加物理竞赛小组的。
  -Raj:How about the girl from The Wonder Years?
  The Wonder Years: "纯真年代"
  演"纯真年代"的那个女孩怎么样?
  -Howard:Gentlemen, I believe I've found the solution to all our problems.
  solution:解决方法
  兄弟们,我想我找到解决方法了。
  -Leonard:We can't ask Leslie Winkle.
  不能叫Leslie Winkle来参加。
  -Raj:Why? Because you slept together, and when she was done with you?
  为什么? 因为上床了,完事后
  She discarded you like last night's chutney?
  discard:抛弃 chutney:酸辣酱
  她把你像隔夜的咖喱酱一样抛弃了?
  -Leonard:Yes.
  没错。
  -Howard:Sometimes you've got to take one for the team.
  有时候为了队伍必须要忍受。
  -Raj:Yeah, sack up, dude.
  对,痛快点,老兄。
  -Leonard:Fine.
  好吧。
  Here I go, taking one for the team... in the sack.
  sack:麻袋
  我就为了队伍忍一忍吧... 在麻袋里...
  Hey, Leslie.
  嘿Leslie。
  -Leslie:Hi, guys.
  嗨伙计们。
  -Leonard:So, Leslie, I have a question for you, and it might be a little awkward,
  awkward:尴尬的
  Leslie我有件事想问你,可能有点尴尬,
  You know, given that I...
  你知道,鉴于...
  -Howard:Hit that thing.
  说正事。
  -Leslie:Leonard, there's no reason to feel uncomfortable
  uncomfortable:不安的,不自在的
  Leonard没什么好尴尬的,
  Just because we've seen each other's faces
  我们只不过看着对方的脸和裸体,
  And naked bodies contorted in the sweet agony of coitus.
  naked:赤裸的 contort:扭曲 agony:痛苦 coitus:性交
  在性交的甜蜜和痛苦中扭曲而已。
  -Leonard:There's not?
  不尴尬吗?
  Gee, 'cause it sure sounds like there should be.
  天哪,可是听起来真的应该是很尴尬啊。
  -Leslie:Rest assured that any aspects of our sexual relationship
  rest assured:确信无疑,放心 aspects:方面
  我们的规定保证了我们性关系的各个方面,
  Regarding your preferences, your idiosyncrasies,
  regarding:关于 preferences:偏好 idiosyncrasies:习性 performance:表现
  包括你的偏好、特性和你的表现,
  Your performance are still protected by the inherent confidentiality of the bedroom.
  protect:保护 inherent:固有的,内在的 confidentiality:机密性
  仍然受到卧室内部保密协议的保护。
  -Leonard:That's all very comforting, but if it's okay,
  这些都很令人鼓舞,如果可以的话
  I'd like to get on to my question now.
  现在我想继续问我的问题。
  -Leslie:Proceed.
  说吧。
  -Leonard:We are entering the Physics Bowl, and we need a fourth for our team.
  我们要参加物理竞赛,队伍还需要一个人。
  -Leslie:No, thanks. I'm really busy with my like-sign dilepton supersymmetry search.
  dilepton :双粒子 supersymmetry:超对称性
  不了,谢谢,最近我在搞双粒子纠缠态超对称性的研究,真的很忙。
  -Howard:Dilepton, shmylepton. We need you.
  双粒子,什么粒子,我们需要你!
  -Leslie:Sorry.
  不好意思。
  -Howard:Well, we tried.
  好吧,我们尽力了。
  We'll just have to face Sheldon mano y mano y mano y mano a mano.
  我们不得不面对Sheldon,面对面,竞争,竞赛,交手...
  -Leslie:Wait, you're going up against Sheldon Cooper?
  go up against:面临
  等等,你们的对手是Sheldon Cooper?
  -Howard:Yes.
  是啊。
  -Leslie:That arrogant, misogynistic, East Texas doorknob with high-energy particles for laundry and childbearing?
  arrogant:傲慢的 misogynistic:厌恶女人的人 Texas:德克萨斯州
  doorknob:门把手 high-energy:高能 particles:粒子 laundry:洗衣房 childbearing:分娩
  那个傲慢自大、厌恶女人、东德克萨斯州来的蠢驴,让我放弃我的高能粒子研究,去洗衣服做饭带孩子的混蛋?
  -Leonard:She's in.
  她答应了。
  -Penny:So, how do you feel? Nice and loose? Come to play? Got your game face on?
  感觉怎么样? 舒坦和放松? 只是玩玩? 还是认真对待?
  Are you ready?
  准备好了?
  -Leonard:Yeah. You know, you don't have to stay for the whole thing.
  whole:全部的
  啊,其实你不用一直待在这儿的。
  -Penny:Oh, no, no. I want to. Sounds really interesting.
  sounds:听起来
  没事的,我想留下听起来真的相当有趣。
  -Sheldon:Gentlemen.
  先生们。
  -Leonard:Sheldon
  Sheldon
  -Howard: Sheldon
  Sheldon
  -Penny:Sheldon I'm just gonna sit down.
  gonna= going to
  Sheldon我还是先坐下吧。
  -Leonard:So, is that your team?
  那就是你们队的成员?
  -Sheldon:Actually, I don't need a team.
  我根本不需要一个队。
  I could easily defeat you single-handedly,
  defeat:击败   single-handedly:独立地
  我用一只手就轻而易举地打败你。
  But the rules require four.
  require:要求
  但是规则要求四个人参加。
  So, may I introduce the third-floor janitor?
  janitor:看门人
  那么由我来介绍一下三楼看门的大爷,
  The lady from the lunch room and my Spanish is not good--
  Spanish:西班牙语
  午餐室的女士,还有,我西班牙语不太好—
  Either her son or her butcher.
  butcher:屠夫
  那不是她儿子就她厨房的屠夫。
  And what about your team?
  你们队怎么样呢?
  What rat have you recruited to the S.S. Sinking Ship?
  rat:大老鼠 recruit:招募 Sinking:沉没的
  你们那艘要沉的船上又招募了什么老鼠啊?
  -Leslie:Hello, Sheldon.
  你好啊Sheldon。
  -Sheldon:Leslie Winkle.
  Leslie Winkle。
  -Leslie:Yeah, Leslie Winkle. The answer to the question,
  对,Leslie Winkle就是这个问题的答案,
  "Who made Sheldon Cooper cry like a little girl?"
  "谁让Sheldon Cooper 哭得像个小女孩一样啊?"
  -Sheldon:Yes, well, I'm polymerized tree sap, and you're an inorganic adhesive.
  polymerize:聚合的 sap:树液 inorganic:无机的 adhesive:黏合剂
  好吧,我是松香甘油树脂(一种有机粘合剂) 你是无机粘合剂,
  So whatever verbal projectile
  verbal:语言的 projectile:子弹
  不管你朝我的方向发射什么语言子弹,
  You launch in my direction is reflected off of me,
  launch:发射 direction:方向 reflect:反射
  都会反射以后弹回去,
  Returns on its original trajectory
  trajectory:弹道,轨道
  回到它原有的轨道上,
  And adheres to you.
  adheres to:依附
  附着在你身上。
  -Leslie:Oh, ouch!
  哦,哎哟!
  -Judge:Okay, if everyone could please take your seats.
  请各位就座。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/shdbz/shdbz1/288143.html