生活大爆炸第一季第十七集_1:The Tangerine Factor(在线收听

   -Sheldon:Wo de zing shi Sheldon.

  我的字是 Sheldon。
  -Howard:No, it's "Wo de ming zi shi Sheldon."
  不,应该是"我的名字是Sheldon"。
  -Sheldon:Wo de ming zi shi Sheldon.
  我的名字是 Sheldon。
  -Howard:What's this?
  这是什么?
  -Sheldon:That's what you did.
  那不是跟你学的吗?
  I assumed as in a number of languages, that the gesture was part of the phrase.
  assume:猜想 gesture:手势 phrase:语句
  我以为在许多种语言当中手势也是表达的一部分。
  -Howard:Well, it's not.
  好吧,这里不是。
  -Sheldon:How am I supposed to know that?
  suppose:假定 be supposed to:应该,被期望
  我怎么会知道那个?
  As the teacher, it's your obligation to separate
  obligation:义务,责任 separate:分开
  作为一个老师,将所教内容
  your personal idiosyncrasies from the subject matter.
  idiosyncrasies:习性,癖好 subject matter:主旨
  与你的特异习惯分开是你的责任。
  -Howard:You know, I'm really glad you decided to learn Mandarin.
  Mandarin:普通话
  知道吗,你决定学普通话我真的非常高兴。
  -Sheldon:Why?
  为什么?
  -Howard:Once you're fluent,
  fluent:流畅的
  等你说流利了,
  you'll have a billion more people to annoy instead me.
  annoy:干扰,使烦恼
  你可以去骚扰十多亿人,我就解放了。
  -Leonard:Hey.
  嘿。
  -Sheldon:Mei du lui zi.
  梅毒驴子。
  -Howard:You just called Leonard a syphilitic donkey.
  syphilitic:梅毒病人 donkey:驴
  你刚刚把Leonard叫成了一头患了性病的驴子。
  -Sheldon:My apologies, Leonard. I'm only as good as my teacher.
  很抱歉Leonard,我无法超越我的老师的水平。
  -Leonard:Why are you learning Chinese?
  你为什么要学中文?
  -Sheldon:I believe the Szechuan Palace
  Szechuan:四川省(中国) palace:宫殿 【Szechuan Palace:是一家美国中餐馆的名字】
  我认为老四川餐馆 (亚利桑那州凤凰城44街668号的中餐馆)。
  has been passing off orange chicken as tangerine chicken,
  pass off:冒充   orange:橙子  tangerine:柑橘
  一直在用橙皮鸡柳冒充陈皮鸡柳 (可以说就是同一种食物),
  and I intend to confront them.
  intend:打算 confront:使对质
  我打算去和他们对质。
  -Leonard:If I were you, I'd be more concerned about what they're passing off as chicken.
  concern:关心
  如果我是你,我会更关心他们用什么东西冒充了鸡柳。
  -Penny:I need to use your window.
  借你们的窗子用一下。
  -Leonard:Oh, hey. Yeah, No, sure. Go ahead.
  哦,嘿,耶,不,当然,请便。
  -Penny:Hey, jerk face, you forgot your iPod!
  jerk:肌肉痉挛,抽搐
  嘿,变态,你忘了你的iPod!
  -Leonard:What's going on?
  出什么事了?
  -Penny:Oh, I'll tell you what's going on.
  噢,让我告诉你出了什么事。
  That stupid self-centered bastard wrote about our sex life in his blog!
  self-centered :自我中心的 bastard:坏蛋,混蛋 blog:博客
  那个自以为是的蠢货把我们床事写到他的博客上!
  Drop dead, you stupid self-centered bastard!
  Drop dead:(美口)去死吧 Drop:使落下,投下
  砸死你,你这个自以为是的混蛋蠢货!
  Thank you.
  谢谢。
  -Sheldon:Okay, where were we?
  好,我们讲到哪了?
  -Howard:Not now. I have a blog to find.
  现在不行,我要找一个博客。
  -Leonard:Penny, are you okay?
  Penny 你还好吗?
  -Penny:I'm fine, Leonard. Just go away.
  我没事,Leonard走开。
  -Leonard:Look, I understand that breaking up with someone can be very painful...
  break up:分手 painful:痛苦的
  听着,我明白分手是很痛苦的...
  -Penny:Go away!
  走开!
  -Leonard:Okay. Feel better! Bye.
  好吧,快好起来!拜。
  She doesn't want to talk.
  她不想说话。
  -Sheldon:Not surprising.
  不奇怪啊。
  Penny's emotional responses originate in the primitive portion of the brain
  emotional:感情的,情绪的 response:反应 originate in:产生于 primitive:原始的 portion:部分 brain:脑
  Penny的情感反应起始于大脑的原脑部份,
  known as the amygdale, while speech is centered
  amygdale:杏仁核
  也就是杏仁体(小脑的一部分) 而语言中枢位于
  in the much more recently developed neo-cortex.
  developed:使发展 neo-cortex:新皮层
  相对近期进化出来的新皮层。
  The former can easily overpower the later,
  former :前者 overpower:压服
  前者很容易制服后者,
  giving scientific credence to the notion of being "rendered speechless."
  credence:相信 notion:观念,看法   rendered speechless:失语 render:致使 speechless:(由于强烈的感情,震惊等)说不出话的
  这也是"失语"现象的科学依据。
  Or maybe she just doesn't want to talk.
  或者她只是不想说话。
  -Raj:Hey, look, I found an iPod.
  iPod:苹果手机
  嘿,瞧我捡到了一个iPod。
  -Howard:It's smashed beyond repair. What are you gonna do with it?
  smashed:砸碎的 beyond repair:无法修补 gonna:going to
  摔得稀巴烂修不好了,你准备拿它做什么?
  -Raj:What else? Sell it on eBay as "slightly used."
  eBay:易趣网 slightly:轻微的,稍稍
  还能干什么? 在易趣上卖呗,写上"只用过几次"。
  -Leonard:It was Penny's boyfriend's. They broke up.
  那是Penny的男朋友的,他们分手了。
  -Howard:Apparently, he posted intimate details of their physical relationship on his blog,
  Apparently:显然的 post:张贴 intimate:亲密的 details:细节 physical:身体的 relationship:关系 blog:博客
  显然,他把他们身体的亲密关系的私密细节都写在博客上了,
  which I cannot find anywhere.
  可我到处都找不着。
  -Leonard:You know what? I'm gonna go back and try talking to her again.
  gonna= going to
  知道吗? 我要再去找她,试着和她说说话。
  -Howard:Good idea. Sit with her, hold her, comfort her.
  hold:抱住 comfort:安慰
  好主意,坐在她身边,拥住她,安慰她。
  And if the moment feels right, see if you can cop a feel.
  cop a feel:感觉
  如果时机对的话,看你能不能"感觉感觉"她。
  -Leonard:I'm not going to do that, Howard.
  我不会那么做的Howard。
  -Sheldon:I'm m not aware of any social convention that requires you to intervene at all.
  be aware of:意识到 convention:习俗 require:需要 intervene:干涉
  我不认为有任何社会习俗要求你去插手这事。
  -Leonard:What about "damsel in distress"?
  damsel:少女 distress:痛苦
  那 "困苦中的年轻女人"呢? (1937年上映美国电影歌舞/爱情/喜剧)
  -Sheldon:12-c-century code of chivalry? Not exactly current.
  chivalry:(中世纪的)骑士 code:法规,章程 current:现在的
  12世纪的骑士精神? 那压根不是现代的。
  You'd also have to be knighted for that to apply.
  knight:封…为爵士 apply:申请
  再说你得先是个授爵的骑士。
  -Leonard:I don't care. She's upset. I'm going over there.
  upset:伤心的,心烦的
  我不在乎,她很伤心,我要过去。
  -Howard:Remember to sit on your hands a bit so they're warm.
  记得把手放在屁股下面暖一会儿。
  -Leonard:I'm her friend. I'm not going to take advantage of her vulnerability.
  take advantage of:利用 vulnerability:弱点
  我是她的朋友,我不会趁虚而入的。
  -Howard:So you're saying if in the depths of despair
  depth:深度 despair:绝望
  那你是说,在她深深地陷入绝望时,
  she throws herself at you and demands you take her
  demand:要求,需要
  她把自己交给你,希望你能占有她,
  right there, right now, you'll just walk away?
  就那样的情形下,你会一走了之?
  -Leonard:I said I'm her friend, not a gay friend.
  gay:同性恋
  我说我是她朋友不是同性恋闺密。
  Hey, listen, I know you said that
  嘿,听着,我知道你说过了,
  you didn't want to talk...
  你不想说话。
  -Penny:I don't.
  我不想。
  -Leonard:Sorry.
  对不起。
  -Penny:Wait.
  等等。
  -Leonard:Wait? Did you say "wait"?
  等等? 你刚刚说"等等"?
  -Penny:Tell me the truth.
  跟我说实话。
  Am I just an idiot who picks giant losers?
  idiot:傻子,白痴 giant:特大的 losers:失败者
  我是不是那种专挑些烂人交往的蠢货?
  -Leonard:No, no.
  不,不。
  -Penny:Okay.
  好的。
  So I pick good guys, but turn them into losers?
  那么就是我挑的人不错,是我把他们变成烂人了?
  -Leonard:Of course not.
  当然不是。
  -Penny:Well, it's got to be one or the other. Which is it?
  好吧,肯定是其一之一,到底是哪个?
  -Leonard:I'm sorry. What were the choices again?
  choices:选择
  对不起,选项是什么来着?
  -Penny:I really thought Mike was different.
  我真的以为Mike不一样。
  I thought he was sensitive and smart.
  sensitive:有细腻感情的 smart:聪明的
  我以为他很感性又聪明
  I mean, not you smart-- normal non-freaky smart.
  normal:正常的 freaky:捉摸不定的
  我的意思是,不是你那种聪明-- 普通的而不是极端的那种聪明。
  -Leonard:Yeah. No, sure.
  是啊,当然不是。
  -Penny:You know, and then he just goes and has to humiliate me
  humiliate:羞辱
  你知道然后他就非得羞辱我,
  by writing about me on his blog so the entire world can read it.
  entire:全部的,整体的
  在他的博客上写我的事情,这样全世界都知道了。
  -Leonard:I tell you, it's not all that easy to find.
  我跟你说其实不是那么容易找的。
  -Penny:Yeah, really? Well, my friends at work found it,
  是啊,真的么? 我的同事朋友看到了,
  my sister found it.
  我姐姐看到了。
  Judging by my email, a number of prisoners
  Judging by:根据…来判断 prisoners:囚徒
  从我的邮件地址判断,
  at the Michigan State Penitentiary found it.
  Michigan:密歇根州 Penitentiary:监狱
  密歇根州立监狱的一些犯人也找到了。
  -Leonard:What exactly did this guy write?
  这家伙到底写了些什么?
  Not that I need to know the details of your sex life.
  details:细节 sex life:性生活
  我不是想知道你性生活的细节,
  I just thought... Never mind.
  我只是觉得... 别管它了。
  -Penny:No, you know what?
  不你知道吗?
  Might as well read it. Everybody else has.
  Might as well:不妨
  不如看看吧,别人都看了。
  Go ahead.
  去吧。
  Oh, God, I just feel so betrayed and embarrassed!
  betray:背叛,出卖 embarrass:使窘迫,使局促不安
  哦,上帝啊,我觉得如此被背叛和羞辱!
  I just want to crawl into a hole and die!
  crawl:爬 hole:洞
  真想爬到一个洞里死了算了!
  -Leonard:Okay. Well, you know this isn't that bad.
  恩,我觉得好像没有那么差劲啊。
  It just paints the picture of a very affectionate woman, who's open
  paint:描述 picture:画面 affectionate:柔情的
  只是描述了一个非常深情的女人很大胆地在一些
  to expressing her affection in non-traditional locales.
  affection:爱 non-traditional:非传统的 locale:场所,地点
  非传统的地方表现她的爱。
  -Penny:Oh, God!
  哦,上帝!
  -Leonard:Elevators, parks, movie theaters.
  Elevator:电梯 movie theater:电影院
  电梯、公园、电影院。
  Out of curiosity, is this "subway" the transportation system
  Out of curiosity:出于好奇心 curiosity:好奇 subway:地铁 transportation system:运输系统
  我很好奇的是,这个"地铁"是指交通运输系统
  or Subway the sandwich shop?
  sandwich:三明治
  还是那家叫"地铁"的三明治店?
  -Penny:Sandwich shop.
  三明治店。
  -Leonard:Doesn't that violate the health code?
  violate:违反 code:法典,章程
  会不会违反了卫生法?
  -Penny:No, at the sub shop we were only making out.
  在那家店里我们只是亲热了一番。
  -Leonard:Ah, okay.
  啊,好吧。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/shdbz/shdbz1/288157.html