生活大爆炸第二季第一集_3:The Bad Fish Paradigm(在线收听

   Raj: I hate trains.

  我讨厌火车。
  -Sheldon: Don't be ridiculous, you love trains.
  ridiculous: 荒谬的,可笑的
  少胡说八道,你喜欢火车的。
  -Raj: Yes, I do. Come on. See you later, Leonard.
  好吧,是的来吧,回头见,Leonard。
  -Leonard: This could work.
  这样也不错。
  -Sheldon: This is a very old building.
  这栋建筑很老。
  -Raj: 60 years. It used to be a watch factory.
  used to be: 过去,曾经是
  有六十年了,这里曾经是个钟表厂。
  -Sheldon: Uh-oh.
  糟糕。
  -Raj: What?
  怎么了?
  -Sheldon: Don't you worry about the residual radium from the luminous dials?
  residual: 残余的,剩余的 radium: 镭 luminous: 发光的,发亮的
  你不担心制作荧光表盘的残余辐射吗?
  -Raj: Not until now!
  留到现在?!
  -Sheldon: I can't believe I didn't bring my Geiger counter. I had it on my bed and I didn't pack it.
  Geiger counter: 盖格计数器(用于测量放射性)
  天哪,我竟然没带盖革计数管,就放在床上竟然没放进行李!
  -Raj: Well, if you're not comfortable staying here, Sheldon...
  comfortable: 舒服的
  如果你不想待在这里,Sheldon…
  -Sheldon: I'm kidding, I packed it. It was a joke. I was subverting the conversational expectations.
  subvert: 推翻,颠覆 conversational: 对话的
  开玩笑的,我带了。刚才是个笑话,我只是在转换对话的方向。
  I believe they call that the, uh, ol' switcharoo.
  我相信这应该叫做ol' switcharoo(出其不意)。
  -Raj: Terrific.
  好极了。
  -Sheldon: Is that woman Aishwarya Rai?
  那是 Aishwarya Rai?
  -Raj: Yes, isn't she an amazing actress?
  amazing: 令人惊异的
  没错,她是个了不起的演员。
  -Sheldon: Actually, I'd say she's a poor man's Madhuri Dixit.
  其实我觉得她就是可怜鬼心中的Madhuri Dixit.
  -Raj: How dare you! Aishwarya Rai is a goddess. By comparison, Madhuri Dixit is a leprous prostitute.
  goddess: 女神 comparison: 对比 leprous: 麻疯病的 prostitute: 妓女
  你敢这么说! Aishwarya Rai是女神,和她比起来,Madhuri Dixit 就是个得了麻风病的妓女。
  -Sheldon: Sorry, I didn't mean to offend you. Obviously, you're not that familiar with Indian cinema.
  offend: 冒犯 obviously: 明显地 be familiar with: 对…熟悉
  对不起,我没有冒犯的意思,可是显然你不了解印度电影
  -Howard: Who is it?
  谁?
  -Sheldon: Stripper-Gram!
  脱衣舞女。
  -Raj: Tag, you're it.
  tag: 标签
  接着,交给你了。
  -Howard: Shouldn't you put him in a brown paper bag and set him on fire?!
  你不是应该把他用油纸包起来烧掉吗?
  -Sheldon: I've never slept on an air mattress before. No lumbar support whatsoever.
  air mattress: 气垫,充气床 lumbar: 腰的 whatsoever: (用于否定句中以加强语气)任何
  我从来没睡过充气垫,没有任何木支架。
  -Howard: Maybe you'd be happier on a park bench.
  bench: 板凳
  可能你会更喜欢公园的长凳。
  -Sheldon: I don't see any way to get a park bench in here.
  我不知道怎样才能弄一张长凳进来。
  -Howard: Do you want to switch?
  switch: 交换
  你要换吗?
  -Sheldon: No, that's fine. I'm perfectly comfortable sleeping on a bouncy castle.
  perfectly: 完美地 bouncy castle: 弹性城堡 bouncy: 跳跃的
  不,没关系,我一点也不介意睡跳跳床。
  -Howard: Get out of bed. We're switching.
  起来,我们换。怎么了?
  -Sheldon: Now, only if you want to.
  如果你真的想换。
  -Howard: Just get in the bed!
  你上床去就是了。
  -Howard’s mother: What's going on? Are you boys roughhousing?
  roughhouse: 大吵大闹,骚乱,大打出手
  你们想拆房子吗?
  -Howard: We're just talking, Ma!
  妈,我们只是在聊天。
  -Howard’s mother: If you don't settle down right now, I'm not going to let you have any more sleepovers!
  sleepover: 在别人家里过夜的人
  你们给我马上老实下来,不然下次不许带朋友回来住。
  -Howard: For God's sake, Ma, I'm 27 years old! And it's not even a school night! Comfy now?
  comfy=comfortable 舒服的,轻松的
  看在上帝的份上,妈,我二十七岁了;更何况明天又不用上课! 现在舒服了?
  -Sheldon: Meh. That poster of Halle Berry is a little unnerving.
  unnerve: 使丧失勇气,使焦躁
  恩,那张哈利-贝瑞的海报让我不舒服。
  -Howard: So don't look at it.
  那就别看。
  -Sheldon: She's like my fourth favorite Catwoman.
  她看起来像我第四喜欢的猫女。
  -Howard: No kidding.
  别开玩笑。
  -Sheldon: Yeah, Julie Newmar, Michelle Pfieffer, Eartha Kitt, and then her.
  真的,朱莉·纽玛,米歇尔·菲佛,艾萨·凯特,然后就是她。
  -Howard: What about Lee Merriweather?
  那李·玛丽维泽呢?
  -Sheldon: Oh, I forgot about Lee Merriweather.
  噢,我忘了李·玛丽维泽了。
  -Howard: Well, I'm glad that's settled.
  settle: 安放,安顿
  终于消停了。
  -Sheldon: That makes Halle Berry my fifth favorite Catwoman. It's Julie Newmar, Michelle Pfieffer, Eartha Kitt, Lee Merriweather
  那哈利-贝瑞就是我第五喜欢的猫女,朱莉·纽玛,米歇尔·菲佛,艾萨·凯特,还有李·玛丽维泽。
  -Howard: Please, I'm begging you. Go to sleep.
  我求你了,快睡觉吧。
  -Sheldon: I'm trying. I'm counting Catwomen. She did make a fine mutant in the X-Men movies, though.
  我在努力,我在数猫女,不过她在X战警里的变异人更好些。
  -Howard: Oh, for God's sake.
  for God's sake: 看在上帝面上
  天哪!
  -Sheldon: She's not my favorite of the X-Men. In order that would be: Wolverine, Cyclops--
  她不是我最喜欢的X战警,按顺序是金钢狼,雷射眼等等,
  Oh, wait, I forgot Professor X. Professor X, Wolverine, Cyclops, Iceman, then Storm, Angel, the Beast—
  我忘了X教授;X教授金钢狼雷射眼,冰人,然后是暴风女,天使,还有野兽等等,
  No, wait, Nightcrawler. Professor X, Nightcrawler, Wolverine, Cyclops, ceman, then Storm, Angel...
  还有蓝魔,X教授,蓝魔人,金钢狼,雷射眼,冰人,然后是:暴风女,天使…
  -Leonard: I'm coming!
  来了!
  -Sheldon: Hey... There he is. The my old buddy bud bud.
  buddy:伙伴,好朋友;小男孩;[美口]密友
  早....他来了,我的老...老...朋...朋友。
  -Leonard: What's with him?
  他怎么了?
  -Howard: Koothrappali dumped him on me, and he couldn't get to sleep, so I gave him a glass of warm milk with a handful of my mom's Valium in it... ...
  Valium: 安定
  Koothrappali把他扔给我,他睡不着,所以我给了他一杯热牛奶,里面放了一把我妈的安定..
  but he still wouldn't shut up, so tag, you're It.
  可他还是不肯闭嘴,所以接着交给你了。
  -Sheldon: I'm ba-a-a-a-c-k.
  我回...回...来...了。
  -Leonard: I still don't know why you left
  .我还是不知道你为什么搬走。
  -Sheldon: I can't tell you.
  不能告诉你。
  -Leonard: Why not?
  为什么?
  -Sheldon: I promised Penny.
  我答应Penny了。
  -Leonard: You promised Penny what?
  你答应Penny什么?
  -Sheldon: I wouldn't tell you the secret. Shhhhh!
  我答应不告诉你她的秘密,嘘!
  -Leonard: What secret? Tell me the secret.
  什么秘密? 告诉我!
  -Sheldon: Mom smokes in the car. Jesus is okay with it but we can't tell Dad.
  妈妈在车里抽烟;主会原谅的,但我们不能告诉爸爸的。
  -Leonard: Not that secret. The other secret.
  不,不是那个,另一个。
  -Sheldon: I'm Batman-- Shh!
  我是蝙蝠侠,嘘!
  -Leonard: Damn it! Sheldon! You said Penny told you a secret. What's the secret?
  妈的!Sheldon,你说Penny告诉你一个秘密,什么秘密?
  -Sheldon: Okay, I'll tell you, but you can't tell Leonard.
  好吧,我告诉你,可是你不能告诉Leonard。
  -Leonard: I promise.
  我保证。
  -Sheldon: Penny lied about graduating from community college 'cause she's afraid she's not smart enough for Leonard.
  graduate: 毕业 community: 社区 smart: 聪明的
  Penny说她从社区大学毕业是假的,她担心她不够聪明,配不上Leonard。
  -Leonard: So it's nothing I did? It's her problem?
  所以不是我做错了什么? 是她自己的问题?
  -Sheldon: I drank milk that tasted funny.
  funny: 搞笑的
  刚才的牛奶味道很搞笑。
  -Leonard: Penny thinks I'm too smart for her. That's ridiculous.
  ridiculous: adj. 可笑的;荒谬的
  Penny觉得我太聪明了,她配不上,怎么会?
  -Sheldon: I know. Most of your work is extremely derivative. And don't worry, that's not a secret. Everybody knows.
  extremely: 极其,非常 derivative: 引出的,系出的
  就是的,你做的东西大都只是衍生的。放心,那不是秘密,地球人都知道。
  -Penny: Hi.
  嗨!
  -Leonard: Yeah, hi. Listen, I know what's been bothering you about us and I have the answer.
  bother: 烦恼
  我知道是什么让你烦恼了而且我已经有答案了。
  -Penny: What are you talking about?
  你在说什么?
  -Leonard: Okay, first, I want to say that it's not Sheldon's fault. He tried very hard to keep
  your secret.
  fault: 错误
  首先,我要说的是这不是Sheldon的错,他确实尽力为你保密了。
  If Howard didn't drugged him, he would've taken it to his grave.
  drug: 下药 grave: 坟墓
  要不是Howard给他下了药,他会把秘密带进坟墓去的。
  -Penny: He told you?
  他说了?
  -Leonard: Yes, but it's okay. Now that we know what the problem is there's a simple solution.
  simple: 简单的 solution: 解答
  对,但是没关系,现在我们知道问题出在哪里,有一个很简单的办法。
  -Penny: Pasadena City College?
  Pasadena社区大学?
  -Leonard: A place for fun, a place for knowledge. See, this man here is playing hackey-sack, and this girl's gonna be a paralegal.
  knowledge: 知识 gonna=going to paralegal: 律师助理
  乐趣所在,知识所在。瞧,这个男的现在在踢沙包,这个女孩将要做律师助理。
  -Penny: Oh, I get it. Because Dr. Leonard Hofstadter can't date a girl without a fancy college degree.
  哦,我明白了Leonard Hofstadter博士不能和一个没有好文凭的女孩子约会。
  -Leonard: Well, it's really not that fancy. It's just a city college.
  其实并不算好,只是一个社区大学而已
  -Penny: Right, but I have to have some sort of degree to date you?
  degree: 文凭
  好吧,就是说和你约会我得有张文凭?
  -Leonard: That doesn't matter to me at all.
  不,我半点也没所谓。
  -Penny: So it's fine with you if I'm not smart.
  所以你不介意我不够聪明?
  -Leonard: Absolutely. Okay, this time, I know where I went wrong. Oh... Bite me!
  绝对不介意,好吧,这次我知道错在哪里了。噢,你咬我啊!
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/shdbz/shdbz2/288217.html