生活大爆炸第二季第二集_2:The Codpiece Topology(在线收听

   So how do you suggest we proceed?

  proceed:进行
  那你认为我们应该怎么开始?
  -Leslie:Your place, we'll order Chinese, you'll rent a movie-- artsy, but accessible-- then light petting, no coitus.
  order:点菜 rent:租 artsy:艺术的 accessible:容易达到的 petting:抚摸 coitus:性交
  去你家,点份中国菜,租一部电影,文艺一点但不要那么深奥,然后轻轻的抚摸,不发生性关系。
  -Leonard:Sounds fun.
  听起来不错。
  -Leslie:I'll leave the details up to you.
  details:细节 up to:在于,取决于
  你可以来决定那些细节部分。
  I think it's better if you assume the male role.
  assume:担任 male:男性的 role:角色
  我想如果你承担男性角色的话会比较好。
  -Leonard:Thank you, that's very thoughtful.
  thoughtful:考虑周到的
  谢谢,想的真周到。
  -Leslie:Great. Call me.
  好,打给我。
  -Sheldon:Great news. My mom sent me my old Nintendo 64.
  Nintendo:任天堂
  好消息,我妈把我的N64游戏机[任天堂的]寄来了。
  -Leonard:Terrific
  不错嘛。
  -Sheldon:You know what this means, don't you?
  你知道这意味着什么吗?
  Break out the red bull, It's time to rock Mario, old school.
  把红牛那关打通之后马里奥差不多就能通关了,怀念旧日校园生活啊。
  -Leonard:I kind of have other plans tonight.
  今天晚上貌似我有别的计划了。
  -Sheldon:But it's Friday. Friday's always vintage game night.
  vintage:复古,怀旧
  可今天是星期五啊,星期五一直都是怀旧电玩之夜呀。
  Look, mom included the memory card.
  你看我妈把记忆卡也寄来了。
  We can pick up right where I left off in 1999 when I had pernicious anemia.
  pernicious anemia:恶性贫血 pernicious:恶性的 anemia:贫血症
  我们可以从我1999年的纪录接着打,那时候我得了恶性贫血症。
  -Leonard:Well, the thing is, someone's coming over.
  问题是有人要来。
  -Sheldon:Okay, no problem. I have three controllers. The more the merrier.
  controller:操纵器,手柄 merry:欢乐的
  没关系,我有三副手柄,人多齐欢乐。
  -Leonard:Sheldon, it's a date. I have a date coming over.
  Sheldon,这是个约会,我有个约会。
  -Sheldon:Well, you can't blame me for not jumping to that conclusion.
  blame;责怪 conclusion:结论
  不要怪我猜不到是这么回事。
  -Leonard:Why? what's so unusual about me having a date?
  unusual:罕有的
  为什么?我有约会这事很新奇么?
  -Sheldon:Well, statistically speaking...
  statistically:统计的
  统计学意义上来说…
  -Leonard:All right, all right.
  好吧。
  Well, nevertheless, I have one now
  nevertheless:然而,不过
  不管怎么说,我有个约会。
  And I'd appreciate it if you would, you know, make yourself scarce.
  appreciate:感激 make yourself scarce:(口)悄悄走[躲]开 scarce:缺乏的
  如果你能呈缺省态,我会感激不尽的。
  -Sheldon:Leonard, I'm a published theoretical physicist with two doctorates and an IQ which can't be accurately measured by normal tests.
  published:公布的 theoretical:理论的 physicist:物理学家 doctorate:博士学位 IQ:智商 accurately:准确的 measure:测量 normal:平常的 test:测试
  Leonard我是理论物理学家,我有两个博士学位,还有普通测试无法准确测量的智商水平。
  How much scarcer could I be?
  我还缺什么啊?
  -Leonard:You know what I mean. Could you just give us a little privacy?
  privacy:隐私
  你知道我的意思的,你能不能给我们一点私人空间?
  -Sheldon:You want me to leave the apartment?
  你想让我离开这个公寓?
  -Leonard:yes.
  是的。
  -Sheldon:You mean, just go someplace else and be... someplace else?
  你是说让我去别的什么地方…待在别的什么地方么?
  -Leonard:Yes.
  是的。
  -Sheldon:Well, why should I leave? This is my apartment, too.
  为什么要我走,这也是我的公寓啊。
  -Leonard:I know it is, and if science ever discovers a second member of your species and you two would like some privacy, I'd be more than happy to get out of your way.
  discover:发现 species:种族 get out of your way:让开
  我知道,如果科学家能够发现你们种族里你的另一个同类,如果你们两个想要一点隐私,我绝对乐意不碍你的事。
  -Sheldon:Well, all right then.
  那好吧。
  -Penny:Sheldon, what are you doing?
  Sheldon你在这干嘛呢?
  -Sheldon:Playing super Mario on a poorly coded Nintendo 64 emulator.
  coded:编码的 emulator:仿真器,仿真程序装置
  在用糟糕代码编写的N64模拟程序里玩超级马里奥。
  -Penny:Yeah, but why are you doing it on the stairs?
  但你干嘛坐在楼梯上玩?
  -Sheldon:I am a modern day Napoleon exiled to the Elba of the staircase because Leonard, get this, has a date.
  Napoleon:拿破仑 exile:流放 Elba:厄尔巴导(拿破仑曾被流放到此岛)staircase:楼梯
  我就是当代拿破仑,被驱逐到楼梯间的厄尔巴岛,因为莱纳德告诉我他要约会。
  -Penny:Oh. well, good for him.
  他动作真快嘛。
  Yeah, but why are you sitting here?
  但你为什么要坐这玩呢?
  Why don't you just go to a movie or something?
  你为什么不去看场电影或玩点别的?
  -Sheldon:Alone?
  自己去?
  -Penny:Yeah, why not?
  对啊,怎么了?
  -Sheldon:What if I choke on my popcorn? Who will administer the heimlich maneuver?
  choke:噎住 popcorn:爆米花 heimlich maneuver:哈姆立克急救法 maneuver:动作方法
  如果我被爆米花噎住了,谁对我实施哈姆立克急救法。
  -Penny:Well, then don't order popcorn.
  别买爆米花不就行了。
  -Sheldon:No popcorn at the mov... listen to yourself.
  看电影不吃爆米花,听听你自己说的。
  -Penny:Why don't you go to a coffee shop?
  你为什么不去咖啡店呢?
  -Sheldon:I don't drink coffee.
  我不喝咖啡。
  -Penny:They have other things.
  还有别的可以点啊。
  -Sheldon:What do they have?
  有什么呢?
  -Penny:I don't know. you know, cookies, pastries...
  cookies:饼干 pastry:油酥点心
  很多啊,饼干啊,油酥点心啊…
  -Sheldon:Pastries such as bear claws?
  claw:爪子
  那种熊掌形状的油酥点心么?
  -Penny:Yeah, sure.
  对啊。
  -Sheldon:I don't like bear claws.
  我不喜欢熊掌。
  -Leslie:Hey, penny. Dumbass.
  Dumbass:傻瓜
  嗨,penny。傻蛋。
  -Sheldon:Leslie winkle. Of all the overrated physicists in all the labs in all the world, Why does it have to be Leslie winkle?
  overrated:高估的
  Leslie winkle,全世界这么多实验室里这么多被高估的物理学家,为什么偏偏就选中了Leslie winkle?
  -Penny:Well, they have a lot in common. I mean, they're both scientists.
  in common:共有
  因为他们有很多共同点啊,我是说他们都是科学家。
  -Sheldon:Oh, please. The only way she could make a contribution to science would be if they resumed sending chimps into space.
  make a contribution to:作出贡献 resume:重新取得 chimp:黑猩猩
  拜托,如果他们要重新把猩猩送上太空,那就是她对科学唯一的贡献。
  -Penny:Okay, well, I have a date, too, So I'll see ya.
  好吧,我也有个约会,那就待会见。
  -Sheldon:Everybody has a date. Even you, Mario, going after princess Peach. and what am I doing? I'm just enabling you.
  go after:追逐,追求 princess:公主 enable:使能够
  大家都有约会,就连你马里奥也在追碧奇公主,那我在干嘛?我只是在使唤你。
  -Leslie:This is pretty orange chicken.
  鸡肉不错。
  -Leonard:Yeah, it's from chang's.
  对啊,是陈记的。
  -Leslie:Not chow's?
  不是周记的?
  -Leonard:no, chang's.
  不是,是陈记的。
  -Leslie:What happened to chow's?
  周记出什么问题了?
  -Leonard:It changed.
  变了。
  -Leslie:So, how many children do you think we should have?
  你觉得我们应该要几个孩子?
  I'm sorry. That was a little abrupt.
  abrupt:唐突的
  抱歉,这个有点唐突了。
  -Leonard:A little?
  只是有点?
  -Leslie:I mean, there are so many things to talk about before we discuss reproduction.
  reproduction:生殖,繁殖,生育
  我是说我们有那么多事情可以说,干嘛要讨论繁殖问题。
  -Leonard:I sure hope so.
  我也希望是。
  -Leslie:Besides shortness, What genetic weaknesses run in your family?
  genetic:遗传的 run in your family:世代相传
  除了短小,你们家族还有什么基因缺陷?
  -Sheldon:Sorry to interrupt. Battery's dying. continue.
  interrupt:打断 Battery:蓄电池 continue:继续
  抱歉打扰了,电池要没电了,你们继续。
  -Leonard:Uh, genetic weakness, right. Uh, there's the lactose intolerance.
  lactose intolerance:乳糖不耐症 lactose:乳糖
  基因缺陷,对,有个乳糖不耐症。
  -Sheldon:Don't forget the male-pattern baldness.
  baldness:光秃
  别忘了说男性秃头。
  When his uncles sit around the dinner table, they look like a half carton of eggs.
  carton:纸盒
  他的叔叔们坐在餐桌旁的时候,看起来就像半盒鸡蛋摆在那。
  -Leonard:Okay, yeah, my uncles are bald, but my aunt Edna is one of the hairiest women you'll ever meet, so... sweet lady. Always tickles when she hugs me.
  bald:秃头的 hairy:多毛发的 tickle:使发痒 hug:拥抱
  好吧,我的叔叔们都是秃头,不过我的婶婶Edna是你将遇见的头发最多的女人之一,非常漂亮的女人,每次她抱我的时候都痒痒的。
  What now?
  又怎么了?
  -Sheldon:I have to make pee-pee.
  pee-pee:[口]撒尿
  我要撒尿尿。
  -Leonard:Listen, I'm sorry about all of Sheldon's interruptions.
  interruption:打断
  我很抱歉Sheldon的打扰。
  He can be a bit of an eccentric.
  eccentric:古怪的
  他总是有点怪怪的。
  -Leslie:If by "eccentric" you mean passive-aggressive East Texas blowhole, I agree.
  passive-aggressive:消极攻击的 Texas:德克萨斯州 blowhole:通风孔
  如果"怪怪的"是指消极攻击的东德州的风孔,那我倒同意。
  -Leonard:I think tonight was a very good start.
  我想今晚是一个很好的开始。
  -Leslie:Me, too. Are you sure you're okay postponing intercourse until our relationship is past the initial viability test?
  postpone:推迟 intercourse:交往,性交 initial:最初的 viability:生育能力
  我也觉得,你确定你可以推迟性交直到我们的关系度过了最初的可行性测试吗?
  -Leonard:No, problem. I'm very skilled at postponing intercourse.
  没问题,我非常擅长于推迟性交
  I guess I'll call you and we'll arrange another evening.
  arrange:安排
  我想我可以打电话给你,然后我们再安排另外一个约会。
  -Leslie:Yes, I believe protocol dictates that you wait a minimum of 18 hours before you call so I'm not repulsed by your cloying eagerness.
  protocol:协议 dictate:规定 minimum:最低限度 repulse:厌恶 cloying:使人腻烦的eagerness:急切
  可以,我相信协议指出了你至少要等18个小时才能打电话给我,这样我才不会厌恶你的猴急。
  -Leonard:Sure.
  可以。
  -Leslie:Again, it's your decision. you're the man.
  再说一次,你自己决定,你是男人。
  -Penny:It wasn't my cat. It was an experiment designed by this guy named Schroedinger.
  experiment:试验 Schroedinger:薛定谔(人名)
  不是我的猫,是一个试验,一个薛定谔的人设计的。
  -Man:From the Charlie Brown cartoons?
  cartoon:动画片
  是查理·布朗动画片里面的[史努比动画片]?
  -Penny:No, he was some kind of scientist. Let me start again.
  不是,他是个科学家。我重新说一遍。
  Oh, hey, Leonard.
  嘿Leonard。
  -Leonard:Hello.
  你好。
  -Penny:Leslie.
  -Leslie:Hi.
  -Leonard:Okay, well, good night.
  好吧,晚安。
  -Penny:Okay, well, good night.
  好吧,晚安。
  -Leslie:That ain't gonna make your point.
  ain't:[口]=am not , are not, is not gonna:[口]= going to   make your point:说服
  还不够劲。
  That's enough. Call me.
  够了,给我电话。
  -Leonard:Right.
  好的。
  -Penny:Okay, good night.
  好的,晚安。
  -Man:Uh, what?
  什么?
  -Penny:Had a great time. ciao.
  ciao:[意](见面问候语或告别语)你好! 再见!
  今天不错,再见。
  -Sheldon:I'm sorry, I am not going back to the renaissance fair.
  抱歉,我不会再去那个文艺复兴集会了。
  -Howard:Come on, Sheldon. There're so few places I can wear my jester costume.
  jester:小丑 costume:服装
  拜托Sheldon,没有多少地方我可以穿小丑服装。
  -Sheldon:I don't care. There are far too many historical anomalies for my comfort.
  anomalies:畸形人物,异常现象 comfort:舒适
  我才不管,那里太多历史怪现象了,不对我的胃口。
  -Raj:Okay, how about this?
  好吧,你看这个如何?
  You can go dressed as a star trek science officer exploring a planet similar to earth in the 1500s.
  star trek:星际迷航(科幻电影系列) explore:探索 planet:星球 similar:类似的
  你可以穿装扮成星际迷航的科学官,探索一个类似十六世纪地球的星球。
  -Sheldon:You mean, like Spock?
  你是说像Spock那样[星际迷航里“企业号”上的科学官]
  -Raj:Sure.
  对的。
  -Sheldon:Fascinating.
  太棒了。
  -Leslie:Hey, fellow scientists... Sheldon.
  嘿科学家们…Sheldon
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/shdbz/shdbz2/288222.html