生活大爆炸第二季第四集_2:The Griffin Equivalency(在线收听

   You, my exotic young friend,

  exotic: 异国的
  你,我来自异国他乡的青年朋友,
  are my star.
  就是我的明星。
  -Sheldon: But you didn't discover him.
  但他不是你发掘出来的。
  You merely noticed he was here,
  merely: 几乎不
  你以前都不会留意到他,
  much like he did with 2008- NQ SUB -17.
  就跟他也没怎么留意过2008-NQ SUB-17。
  -Leonard: Sheldon...
  Sheldon…
  -Sheldon: Oh, sorry.
  不好意思。
  -Dr. Gablehauser: Boy, we've got to get you into a better office.
  孩子,我们真该给你换个好点的办公室。
  Something more suited to your status.
  suit: 适合 status: 地位
  能配得上你的名气。
  -Raj: Really, you don't have to go to any trouble.
  真的不用麻烦了。
  -Dr. Gablehauser: How about if I put you in Von Gerlich's old office?
  我把你安排到Von Gerlich以前的办公室怎么样?
  -Raj: I'd rather have Fishbein's. It’s bigger.
  我更喜欢Fishbein的,更宽敞一点。
  -Wolowitz: Wait a minute, I called dibs on Fishbein's office
  call dibs: 申请
  等等,自打Fishbein穿浴袍出现在办公室那天,
  the day he started showing up at work in his bathrobe.
  bathrobe: 浴衣
  我就申请他的办公室了。
  -Sheldon: He gets a new office, I can't even get
  能给他换办公室,就不能
  paper towels in the men's room?
  在男厕所放点擦手巾?
  -Leonard: Sheldon.
  Sheldon。
  -Sheldon: Damn, this is hard.
  damn: 可恶的
  该死,真难为我了。
  -Dr. Gablehauser: Let me ask you something.
  让我问问你们,
  What do you think the business of this place is?
  business: 目的
  你们觉得咱们的工作为的是什么?
  -Leonard: Science.
  科学。
  -Dr. Gablehauser: Money.
  是钱。
  -Wolowitz: Told you.
  告诉过你吧。
  -Dr. Gablehauser: And this boy's picture in people magazine
  这孩子的照片上了《人物》周刊,
  is gonna raise us a pile of money taller than...
  gonna=going to raise: 上升 pile: 堆
  能给我们带来多少钱…
  Well, taller than you.
  堆起来比你高。
  -Wolowitz: I have a master's degree.
  master: 硕士 degree: 学位
  我有个硕士文凭的。
  -Dr. Gablehauser: Who doesn't?
  谁没有啊?
  Dr. Koothrappali, have you ever had lunch
  Koothrappali博士,你有没有
  In the president's dining room?
  president: 院长 dining room: 餐厅
  在院长的餐厅吃过午饭呢?
  -Raj: I didn't even know there was a president's dining room.
  我都不知道还有专门给院长的餐厅。
  -Dr. Gablehauser: It's the same food as the cafeteria, only fresh.
  cafeteria: 自助餐厅 fresh: 新鲜的
  和食堂的食物种类一样,就是更新鲜一点。
  Come on, little buddy.
  buddy: <美口>同志
  走吧,小同志。
  -Raj: Okay, big buddy.
  好滴,老同志。
  See you tonight, guys.
  大家晚上见。
  -Leonard: You can stop smiling now.
  你不用笑了。
  [Scene: Cheesecake Factory, Raj, Sheldon, Leonard and Wolowitz are there.]
  -Raj: So anyway, after a fantastic lunch,
  fantastic: <美口>极好的
  用过美妙的午餐之后。
  I was whisked off to the People magazine photo shoot...
  whisk: 拂去【催促】 shoot: 拍摄
  他们就催我去《人物》周刊拍照…
  Have any of you boys ever been to a photo shoot?
  孩子们你们去过专业拍照的地方么?
  -Leonard: Uh-uh. No.
  没啊。
  -Raj: It's fantastic.
  很神奇的哦。
  Apparently,
  apparently: 显然地
  很明显,
  the camera loves me and I, it.
  镜头对我很有爱,我也很上镜。
  They shot me in front of
  我站在星空的背景前面
  a starry background where I posed like this.
  starry: 星光照耀的 background: 背景 pose: 摆姿势
  拍照,我摆了个这样的姿势。
  They're going to digitally add a supernova.
  digitally: 使用电脑的 add: 增加 supernova: 超新星
  他们要PS一个超新星进去。
  They say it's the perfect metaphor
  metaphor: 具体表现
  他们觉得这样能完美诠释
  for my incandescent talent.
  incandescent: 才华横溢的 talent: 天赋
  我辉煌的天赋。
  -Sheldon: Right, a ball of hot, flaming gas
  flaming: 火红的
  没错,就像一个炽热的大火球
  that collapses upon itself.
  collapses: 崩溃 upon: 在…之上
  分崩离析。
  -Raj: Excuse me.
  抱歉。
  Oh, it's my assistant, Trevor.
  assistant: 助理
  是我的助理Trevor打来的。
  Go for Koothrappali.
  我是Koothrappali。
  -Wolowitz: They gave him an assistant.
  还给他配个助理。
  If I want a new pen,
  我想买根笔,
  I have to go to the bank with wire cutters.
  wire cutter: 钢丝钳 wire: 金属丝 cutter: 刀具
  我都得拿着钳子去银行。
  -Sheldon: Have we at this point met our social obligations?
  social: 社会的 obligation: 义务
  咱们已经尽到所有该尽的社会责任了吧?
  -Leonard: Not yet.
  还没。
  -Raj: Okay, just put it on my calendar,
  calendar: 日程表
  好吧,先安排到我的日程里,
  but start thinking of a reason why I can't go.
  reason: 原因
  同时帮我想个我出席不了的理由。
  All righty? Koothrappali out.
  哦了么,我挂了。
  God bless that boy.
  bless: 保佑
  上帝保佑那孩子。
  I don't know what I'd do without him.
  没有他我非忙死不可。
  -Leonard: You just got him this afternoon.
  你今天下午才有的助理啊。
  -Raj: Yes, but I'm finding that having a lackey suits me.
  lackey: 仆人
  没错,但我觉得我是得有个仆人。
  -Leonard: A lackey?
  仆人?
  -Raj: Oh, I'm sorry. Is that politically incorrect?
  politically: 政治上的 incorrect: 不正确的
  不好意思,是不是法律不允许啊?
  In India, we just call them untouchables.
  untouchables: 印度贱民
  在印度,我们称其为贱民。
  -Sheldon: Now?
  现在?
  -Leonard: Almost.
  快了。
  -Raj: Speaking of untouchables, I've got great news for you guys.
  说到贱民,我给你们带来了好消息。
  People magazine is having a reception this Saturday.
  reception: 招待会
  这周六《人物》杂志要举行个招待会。
  And I managed to get you invited.
  manage: 安排
  我设法让你们也被邀请了。
  -Wolowitz: Oh, gee, thanks.
  gee: <俚语>哎呀
  切,谢了。
  -Raj: Oh, you're welcome.
  不客气。
  Of course, I couldn't get you into the VIP section.
  VIP: Very Important People 贵宾 section: 区
  当然我没法让你们去贵宾席,
  Because, you know, that's for VIPs
  因为那是设给贵宾的。
  And you guys are just, you know... P's.
  你们只是普通人。
  -Sheldon: There's a tribe in Papua New Guinea
  tribe: 部落 Papua New Guinea: 巴布亚新几内亚(南太平洋岛国,首都莫尔兹比港)
  在巴布亚新几内亚有一个部落,
  where, when a hunter flaunts his success
  hunter: 猎人 flaunt: 炫耀
  当一个猎人向其他部民
  to the rest of the village,
  village: 村民
  炫耀他的成功时,
  they kill him and drive away evil spirits
  evil: 邪恶的 spirit: 灵魂
  他们宰了他,并敲打他的皮做的鼓,
  with a drum made of his skin.
  drum: 鼓 skin: 皮肤
  以驱逐他邪恶的灵魂。
  Superstitious nonsense, of course,
  superstitious: 迷信的 nonsense: 荒谬的
  当然是迷信而无道理的,
  but one can see their point.
  point: 意图
  但某人可以明白他们的用意。
  -Penny: Here you go, Raj.
  给你,Raj。
  You might want to drink this one slowly.
  你或许想慢慢享用这杯。
  -Raj: Okay. So, Saturday night, can I count on my posse?
  count on: 【期待】 posse: 可能性
  那就周六晚上了,这么说定了。
  -Wolowitz: Gee, I'd love to, Raj, but I can't make it.
  我很乐意去,Raj但我去不了。
  -Raj: Oh, okay. Leonard?
  好的,Leonard?
  -Leonard: No, I could... no.
  不行,我要…不行。
  -Raj: Sheldon?
  Sheldon?
  -Sheldon: I can make it. But I won't.
  我能去,但我不想去。
  -Penny: What are you guys talking about?
  你们在说什么?
  -Raj: There's a reception for my magazine article on Saturday.
  article: 文章
  周六有场为我的杂志文章举行的招待会。
  -Penny: And you guys aren't going?
  而你们这些家伙不准备去?
  I can't believe you.
  真不敢相信。
  Raj is celebrating a tremendous accomplishment.
  tremendous: 巨大的 accomplishment: 成就
  Raj要庆祝他的惊人成就,
  And you're not even going to be there to support him?
  support: 支持
  而你们甚至都不去支持他?
  -Sheldon: A tremendous accomplishment would be
  惊人成就应该是
  If the planetary body he discovered
  如果他发现一个行星体
  were plummeting toward earth and he exploded it with his mind.
  plummet: 骤然落下 towards: 朝着 explode: 使爆炸 mind: 意念
  正急速撞向地球,他用意念摧毁了它。
  -Wolowitz: That would be cool.
  那太酷了。
  I'd go to that reception.
  我得去那个招待会。
  -Penny: Come on, this is huge.
  huge: 巨大的【重要的】
  拜托,这很重大。
  Raj is gonna be in People magazine,
  Raj上了《人物》杂志,
  and he didn't even have to knock up one of the Spears sisters.
  knock up: <美俚>使怀孕
  他甚至不用搞大Spears姐妹中的一个的肚子。
  -Raj: Would you like to go with me?
  你愿意和我一起去吗?
  -Penny: Of course I would.
  我当然愿意。
  I would be honored.
  honor: 荣幸
  我很荣幸。
  -Raj: Really? Cool.
  真的?酷。
  -Penny: Shame on you guys.
  shame: 羞愧
  替你们脸红。
  -Raj: Look at that, I got a date with Penny.
  date: 约会
  看看,我约到Penny了。
  I can't believe it took you a whole year.
  whole: 全部的
  不敢相信那花了你一整年的时间。
  -Sheldon: Now?
  现在呢?
  -Leonard: Now.
  就是现在。
  -Raj: Hey, buddy,
  嘿,伙计,
  I'm going to be in People magazine.
  我要上《人物》杂志了。
  -Charlie Sheen: Yeah, call me when you're on the cover.
  cover: 封面 Charlie Sheen: 美剧《好汉两个半》男主角,People杂志封面人物
  上封面的时候再打给我。
  [Scene: Outside Penny’s apartment.]
  -Penny: Raj, Look at you
  看看你。
  -Raj: I know. I'm resplendent like the noonday sun, am I not?
  resplendent: 灿烂的 noonday: 正午的
  我像正午的阳光般闪耀,不是吗?
  -Penny: Uh, yeah. Starting with the champagne
  champagne: 香槟酒
  先说香槟。
  A little early, aren't you?
  喝得有点早,不是吗?
  -Raj: It was in the limo. They sent a limo.
  limo: <口语>豪华型高级轿车
  豪华轿车里的。他们派了辆豪华轿车。
  I have a limo. I just love saying "limo."
  我坐的是豪华轿车,我真喜欢说"豪华轿车"。
  Sip on this while you're getting ready.
  sip: 小口喝
  你做准备的时候喝点这个。
  -Penny: Oh, I'm ready.
  我准备好了。
  -Raj: That's what you're wearing?
  你就穿这个?
  -Penny: Um, yeah. Why, what's wrong with it?
  对呀,怎么了,有什么不好吗?
  -Raj: Nothing. I was just hoping for something a little more,
  没什么,只是我本来期望的更
  You know, ridonkulous.
  ridonkulous: 荒谬的【人或事情远远超过荒谬】
  疯狂些。
  -Penny: Mm, yeah. Well, this is all the donkulous
  donkulous: 荒谬的【与ridonkulous相似】
  是啊,今晚的疯狂就
  you're gonna get tonight.
  这个样子了。
  -Raj: Okey-dokey, let's roll.
  okey-dokey: 好,没问题
  好好,让我们摇摆吧。
  All right, it's time to raise the roof!
  raise the roof: 震耳欲聋,喧闹【狂欢】
  好了,狂欢时刻开始!
  -Penny: Hey, Leonard.
  嘿,Leonard。
  -Leonard: Hey.
  嘿。
  -Raj: Dude.
  dude: <美俚>家伙
  哥们。
  -Leonard: You look very nice.
  你看起来很不错。
  -Raj&Penny: Thank you.
  谢谢。
  -Penny: Come on.
  走吧。
  Good night, Leonard.
  晚安,Leonard。
  -Leonard: good night.
  晚安。
  -Raj: Hey, Leonard, do you see my limo downstairs?
  downstairs: 楼下的
  Leonard,看到楼下我那辆豪华轿车了吗?
  -Leonard: Yeah.
  看到了。
  -Raj: It's bigger than the house my grandfather grew up in.
  grandfather: 祖父 grow up: 成长
  比我爷爷小时候的房子还大。
  -Leonard: Terrific.
  terrific: 妙计的
  好极了。
  -Raj: It has more food, too.
  食物也更多。
  -Penny: All right, come on. Come on.
  好了,走吧,走吧。
  -Leonard: Hey.
  嘿。
  -Wolowitz: Hey, good news.
  嘿,好消息。
  You don't have to sulk about Penny anymore.
  sulk: 愠怒
  你不用再为Penny闷闷不乐了。
  Look, there are hundreds of Croatian women
  hundreds of: 成千上百的 Croatian: 克罗地亚的
  有成千上百个克罗地亚女人
  just waiting for you to contact them.
  contact: 联系
  正等着你去找她们。
  -Leonard: Anything-for-a-greencard.com?
  greencard: 绿卡,是一种给外国公民的永久居住许可证。持有绿卡意味着持卡人拥有在签发国的永久居留权,同时,持有绿卡可以在一定时间内免去入境签证。
  为了绿卡什么都行.com?
  -Wolowitz: I'll lend you my user name.
  user: 用户
  我可以借你我的用户名。
  It's "wealthy big penis."
  wealthy: 富有的 penis: 阴茎
  “富有的大鸡鸡”。
  -Leonard: You're joking.
  joke: 开玩笑
  开玩笑吧。
  -Wolowitz: You gotta make it easy for them.
  gotta=have got to
  你得让她们容易明白。
  They're just learning English.
  她们刚开始学英语。
  -Leonard: Pass.
  算了。
  -Wolowitz: So you're just gonna sit around here and mope
  mope: 闷闷不乐
  你就在这儿郁闷着,
  while Penny is out with Dr. Apu from the Kwik-E-Mart?
  Dr. Apu: 《辛普森一家》里开Kwik-E-Mart的印度非法移民
  而佩妮在和快易买的阿普博士约会?
  -Leonard: It's not a date, and that's racist.
  racist: 种族主义的
  那不是个约会,那是种族主义。
  -Wolowitz: It can't be racist.
  不可能是种族主义。
  He's a beloved character on the Simpsons.
  beloved: 可爱的 character: 角色 Simpsons: 辛普森一家。《辛普森一家》是美国福克斯广播公司的一部动画情景喜剧,由马特·格勒宁创作。该剧通过展现霍默、玛琦、巴特、莉萨和玛吉一家五口的生活,讽刺性地勾勒出了居住在美国心脏地带人们的生活方式。该片从许多角度对美国的文化与社会、人的条件和电视本身进行了幽默的嘲讽。在4频道的节目“100个最伟大的儿童节目”(2001)及“100部最伟大的卡通片”(2005)中,都名列榜首。另外在“100位最伟大的荧屏形象”中荷马·辛普森也名列榜首。该片被许多评论家看作是有史以来最伟大的动画。时代杂志在2000年将之题名为20世纪最伟大的电视节目。
  他是《辛普森一家》中的可爱角色。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/shdbz/shdbz2/288232.html