生活大爆炸第二季第二十一集_3(在线收听

   -Sheldon:Okay, that's question 20. You have to guess.

  好,这是第20问了,你得猜猜看。
  -Penny:I don't know, Sheldon. Are you Star Wars?
  我不知道,Sheldon你扮演的是星际大战?
  -Sheldon:How can one person be a whole movie?
  一个人如何能够扮演一整部电影?
  -Penny:Okay, I give up. Can we just do something else?
  give up:放弃,认输
  算了,我放弃,我们能干点别的吗?
  -Sheldon:Fine.
  那好。
  I was Spock.
  我是史波克。
  Are you and Leonard friends with benefits?
  benefits:益处,保险
  你和Leonard是"非常朋友"吗?
  -Penny:What?
  什么?
  -Sheldon:Are you and Leonard friends with benefits?
  你和Leonard是"非常朋友"吗?
  -Penny:Where did that even come from? Did he say we were?
  何来此话,是他这么说的吗?
  -Sheldon:No, Leonard said nothing.
  不,Leonard什么也没说。
  But who knows what goes on over here when he pretends your mail was misdelivered?
  go on:发生 pretend:假装 misdeliver:送错
  可他假装你的信送错了地方,谁知道你们俩到底怎么回事?
  -Penny:Just mail, no benefits.
  只是送信,没非常关系。
  -Sheldon:I see.
  明白了。
  -Penny:Why are you asking?
  干嘛问这个?
  -Sheldon:I'm curious about the whole social construct.
  curious:好奇 construct:构成
  我对整个社交构成结构感到好奇。
  On its face, the idea of satisfying one's sexual appetite--
  satisfy:使满足 appetite:欲望
  从表面来看,满足一个人的性欲...
  assuming one is afflicted with such--
  assuming:如果 be afflicted with:受折磨
  假如说有人遭受此事--
  without emotional entanglement, that seems eminently practical.
  emotional:感情的 entanglement:瓜葛,纠缠
  eminently:很,非常 practical:实际的
  又没有感情纠葛,是非常现实的关系,
  What I've observed, however, is Howard Wolowitz crying like a little girl.
  observe:观察,看到
  然而现在是,Howard Wolowitz哭哭啼啼的就像个小女孩。
  -Penny:Well, some people just can't handle that kind of relationship.
  handle:处理,应付
  有些人就是没办法处理好这种感情。
  -Sheldon:Can you?
  那你行吗?
  -Penny:Excuse me?
  什么意思?
  -Sheldon:Are you able to have sex with men without developing an emotional attachment?
  attachment:爱慕,依恋
  你可以与男人发生关系同时不掺杂任何感情进去吗?
  -Penny:Sheldon, I really don't want to talk about this with you.
  Sheldon我真不想和你讨论这个。
  -Sheldon:Is this conversation making you uncomfortable?
  uncomfortable:不自在的
  这谈话让你感到不自在了吗?
  -Penny:Of course it's making me uncomfortable. Can't you tell?
  当然让我不自在,你看不出来吗?
  -Sheldon:I really have no idea. I don't particularly excel at reading facial expressions, body language...
  excel at:擅长于 facial:面部的 expression:表情
  我不清楚,我不擅长阅读面部表情肢体语言...
  -Penny:I'm uncomfortable, Sheldon!
  我很不自在 Sheldon!
  -Sheldon:Thank you. That's very helpful.
  谢谢,我懂了。
  -Howard:All right, where are these amazing shrimp?
  amazing:令人惊异的 shrimp:小虾
  好吧,美味小虾在哪?
  -Leonard:Behold.
  Behold:看
  看这里。
  -Howard:Seriously, you think this is the size of a baby's arm?
  说真的,你说和婴儿胳膊一般大小就是这样子的?
  -Raj:A little baby.
  小小婴儿。
  -Howard:Okay, I'm going back to the room.
  好,我还是回家吧。
  -Woman:Boy, would it maybe kill them to put out a nice brisket?
  brisket:胸肉
  让他们上一盘上等胸肉就这么困难?
  -Howard:Hi, there. Howard Wolowitz.
  你好,我是Howard Wolowitz。
  -Woman:Esther Rosenblatt
  Esther Rosenblatt。
  -Penny:I don't think the manager's coming tonight, so here.
  我觉得管理员今晚是不会来了,给你。
  -Sheldon:Are you suggesting I sleep on the couch?
  couch:长沙发
  你是准备让我睡沙发吗?
  -Penny:Well, it wasn't the first suggestion that came to mind, but it's the one I'm going with.
  虽然不是我的最初想法,不过我现在是这么打算的。
  -Sheldon:I can't sleep on your couch. I sleep in a bed.
  我没法睡你的沙发,我都是在床上睡觉的。
  And given its dimensions,
  dimensions:尺寸
  瞧瞧这尺寸,
  I have no intention of living out E.M.Snickering's beloved children's book,
  intention:意向 beloved:心爱的
  我可不想像E.M.Snickering的流行儿童读物中那个
  The Tall Man From Cornwall.
  康沃尔的大个子一样睡觉。
  -Penny:What?
  什么?
  -Sheldon:"There was a tall man from Cornwall whose length exceeded his bed."
  length:长度 exceed:超过
  从前在康沃尔有个大个子,他的身高要长过自己的床,
  "My body fits on it, but barely upon it, there's no room for my big Cornish head."
  fit:适合 Cornish:康沃尔人的
  这张床我的身子躺着刚刚好,可我的头却没有地方放。
  -Penny:All right, I will give you my bed on one condition:
  condition:条件
  好吧,我让出床不过有一个条件,
  that you promise to zip your hole for the next eight hours.
  promise:答应 zip:用拉链拉上
  未来8小时内把你那窟窿闭好。
  -Sheldon:May I say one last thing?
  我还能再说一句吗?
  -Penny:Only if it doesn't rhyme.
  rhyme:押韵
  不押韵就行。
  -Sheldon:All right.
  那好吧。
  Good night.
  晚安啦。
  -woman:Turn-ons? Let me see.
  Turn-on:刺激
  感性趣的事,让我想想。
  Reading a good book in front of the fire, long walks on the beach...
  on the beach:在海滩上
  在壁炉前读本好书,在沙滩上漫步,
  and getting freaky on the Sabbath with a bacon cheeseburger.
  freaky:狂欢 Sabbath:安息日 bacon:培根,咸猪肉
  cheeseburger:放有干酪的肉饼
  在安息日里放纵一下,吃培根芝士汉堡。
  -Howard:Really? Me, too!
  是吗,我也是哎。
  -woman:Oy, gevalt, you're hot.
  gevalt :(表示悲伤、苦恼、惊讶等)嗳呀,哎唷,天哪
  噢,天呐,你真性感。
  -Howard:Yeah.
  是吗。
  Excuse me for a moment.
  稍等一下。
  -Leonard:Hey, how's it going?
  进展如何?
  -Howard:Cut the crap. You set this up, didn't you?
  crap:废物
  少废话,你们安排的,对不对?
  -Leonard:Yes.
  对。
  -Howard:She' s a hooker, isn’t she?
  hooker:妓女
  她是只鸡,对吧?
  -Raj:A prostitute, yes.
  是妓女,没错。
  -Howard:you already gave her the money?
  你们已经付了钱?
  -Leonard:Yes.
  对。
  -Howard:Thank you!
  太感谢啦!
  -Sheldon:Penny?
  Penny?
  -Penny:What?
  干嘛?
  -Sheldon:I can't sleep.
  我睡不着。
  -Penny:Maybe that's because your hole is still open.
  也许是因为你的大窟窿还张着。
  -Sheldon:I'm homesick.
  homesick:想家的
  我想家。
  -Penny:Your home is 20 feet from here.
  你家离这不过20尺。
  -Sheldon:20 feet,20 light-years, it doesn't matter.
  light-years:光年
  20尺还是20光年这都不重要。
  It's in a galaxy far, far away.
  galaxy:星系
  在我这如同一个星系那么遥远。
  -Penny:Damn it.
  可恶。
  What do you want me to do?
  你想让我怎么办?
  -Sheldon:Sing "Soft Kitty."
  给我唱"软软凯蒂猫"。
  -Penny:That's only for when you're sick.
  那是只有你生病时才唱的歌。
  -Sheldon:Homesick is a type of being sick.
  思家也是一种病。
  -Penny:Come on, do I really have to?
  拜托,真的要唱吗?
  -Sheldon:I suppose we can stay up and talk.
  stay up:不睡觉,熬夜
  那设想下我们通宵达旦,闲话家常。
  -Penny:Soft kitty, warm kitty
  软软凯蒂,柔柔凯蒂
  Little ball of fur
  fur:软毛
  一团小毛球
  Happy kitty...
  快乐凯蒂...
  -Sheldon:Sleepy kitty.
  睡睡凯蒂
  -Penny:Sleepy kit...
  睡睡凯...
  -Sheldon:No.
  不对。
  Start over.
  重来。
  -Penny:Soft kitty, warm kitty
  软软凯蒂,柔柔凯蒂
  Little ball of fur
  一团小毛球
  Happy kitty, sleepy kitty
  快乐凯蒂,睡睡凯蒂
  Purr, purr, purr.
  喵,喵,喵
  -Sheldon:Penny?
  Penny?
  -Penny:Yeah?
  嗯?
  -Sheldon:Thank you for letting me stay here.
  谢谢你留我在这过夜。
  -Penny:You're welcome, sweetie.
  不客气,甜心。
  -Sheldon:Okay, I'm sleepy now. Get out.
  好,我已经困了,你出去。
  Oh, good. You're finally home.
  太好了,你总算回来了。
  -Leonard:What were you doing at Penny's?
  Penny's:Penny家
  你在Penny家干什么?
  -Sheldon:Well, we had dinner, uh, played some games, and then I spent the night.
  我们一起吃了晚饭,做游戏,之后我在那过的夜。
  You'll be happy to know that I now have a much better understanding of "friends with benefits."
  哦,告诉你一件好事哦,我对"非常朋友"有了更深入的了解。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/shdbz/shdbz2/288403.html