生活大爆炸第二季第二十集二_3(在线收听

   -Raj:If you want to clean up your karma, go get my freaking latte.

  freaking:(用以加强语气)该死的 latte:拿铁咖啡
  要想下辈子投好胎,就给我煮杯拿铁去。
  -Howard:Hang on, I think I've got this. Help me see if we can wedge
  wedge:楔
  等下,我找到了这个,看看能否...
  this little piece of PVC behind the support rod.
  rod:棒
  把这块PVC楔进载体棒后面。
  -Sheldon:You're overestimating the tensile strength of the substructure you're building.
  overestimating:高估 tensile strength:抗张强度 substructure:基础
  你高估了你做的基础部分的抗张强度。
  -Howard:Sheldon, I know what I'm doing.
  Sheldon 我知道自己在干什么。
  -Sheldon:If you knew what you were doing, there wouldn't be a space toilet where my coffee table should be.
  如果你知道,那这放咖啡桌的地方就不该摆着你的太空厕所。
  -Raj:Howard, wait.
  Howard 等等。
  Why don't you use this instead of the PVC
  为什么不用这个代替PVC,
  to keep the transverse filter assembly in place?
  transverse:横向的 filter:过滤器 assembly:装配,组装
  来保持横向滤波器装配到位呢?
  -Howard:Because this is not a spare part from the space station.
  这又不是太空站的部件,
  This is the thing from the pizza box
  这是比萨饼盒子里的,
  that keeps the lid from touching the cheese.
  lid:盖子
  为了不让奶酪粘在盒子上。
  -Raj:That what that's for? In India, the lid touches the cheese.
  干这个用的? 在印度奶酪就会粘盒子啊。
  Of course, we also have rampant poverty and periodic outbreaks of cholera,
  rampant:猖獗的,无法控制的 poverty:贫穷 periodic:定期发生的 outbreaks:爆发 cholera:霍乱
  当然了,印度那么穷还经常爆发霍乱,
  so a little cardboard in our cheese is no biggie.
  cardboard:硬纸板 biggie:大事
  所以盒子粘上奶酪也不算啥。
  -Howard:Where are you going?
  你要去哪?
  -Leonard:Comic book store.
  漫画店。
  -Sheldon:An excellent idea! I could certainly use a break.
  break:间歇
  好主意,我也要休息下。
  -Raj:Me, too.
  我也是。
  -Howard:Hold on, you can go to the Comic book store when man can once again safely poop in space.
  等宇航员能安全排便了你们才能去漫画店。
  -Sheldon:Why does Leonard get to go?
  为什么Leonard能去?
  -Howard:'Cause he's upset over his situation with Penny
  situation:情况
  因为Penny的事搞得他心烦意乱。
  and if I have to hear about it again, I'm going to kick him in his ovaries.
  kick :踢 ovary:卵巢
  如果他再讲一遍我就扁死他。
  -Leonard:Thanks for understanding, Howard.
  感谢理解 Howard。
  -Howard:I got your back, sister.
  我支持你,好姐妹。
  All right, I think we've got a prototype ready to test.
  prototype:雏形 test:测试
  好了,要模拟实验一下了,
  Hand me that Tupperware.
  Tupperware:塑料制品
  把那塑料盒给我。
  -Raj:That's heavy.
  好沉啊。
  -Howard:Damn right it's heavy. It's my mother's meat loaf.
  loaf:一条(块)面包
  当然沉了,这是我妈做的肉馅糕。
  It's been testing toilets for generations.
  一直是我测试厕所的道具。
  -Sheldon:I must say,
  容我说一句,
  I think a detailed letter to MIT describing your current circumstances
  detailed:详细的 MIT:麻省理工学院 circumstances:情况
  如果跟麻省理工汇报下你现在的详细情况,
  might entitle you to a refund on your master's degree.
  entitle to:赋予…做   refund:归还 master:硕士 degree:学位
  你的硕士学位就飞鸟。
  -Howard:Okay, simulated zero-gravity human waste disposal test
  simulated:模拟的
  好了,模拟零重力人类废物处理实验,
  with meat loaf analog in...
  analog:类似物
  放入肉馅糕模拟物...
  three, two, one.
  三二一
  -Sheldon:Fascinating.
  Fascinating:有极大吸引力的
  好赞。
  -Raj:What do you think the problem is?
  你觉得问题在哪?
  -Howard:Not enough bread crumbs.
  bread crumb:面包屑 crumb:碎屑(尤指面包屑或糕饼屑)
  面包渣太少了
  -Leonard:Hey, Stuart, I need to talk to you.
  Stuart 咱俩要谈谈。
  -Man:Sure, what's up?
  好啊,怎么了?
  -Leonard:I thinkI gave you bad advice about Penny,
  Penny的事,我帮倒忙了,
  and I want to apologize.
  我想道歉。
  -Man:No, your advice was great.
  没,你的建议挺好啊。
  -Leonard:it was?
  啊?
  -Man:Yeah, going slow really worked.
  是啊,慢慢来很管用。
  -Leonard:You're kidding.
  开玩笑吧。
  Never worked for me.
  在我身上就不管用。
  -Man:Last night at dinner, I did what you told me.
  昨晚吃饭时,我按你说的做了,
  I went really slow, I kept my distance,
  放慢速度,保持距离,
  and two bottles of wine later, we were making out in my car.
  wine:酒,葡萄酒
  两杯酒下肚,我俩就去车里嘿咻了。
  -Leonard:Wine? I didn't say to give her wine.
  酒? 我没说给她喝酒啊。
  -Man:It doesn't matter, that's where it all went to hell.
  这不是重点,糟糕的事才开始。
  -Leonard:During the kissing?
  接吻时很糟糕?
  What did you do, sneeze in her mouth? I did that to a girl once.
  sneeze:打喷嚏
  在她嘴里打喷嚏了? 我对别的姑娘那样过。
  -Man:No, everything was good and really hot.
  没,都挺好,挺火辣的。
  And I said,
  然后我说,
  Oh, Penny,
  哦 Penny。
  and right where she was supposed to say, Oh, Stuart, she said...
  而她本该说"哦 Stuart" 但她说了...
  your name.
  你的名字
  -Leonard:Leonard?
  -Man:That is your name, right?
  这是你的名字吧?
  -Leonard:yes.I'm sorry. That must've been the last thing you wanted to hear.
  不好意思啊,你最不想听见这个了吧。
  -Man:It beats, You know I'm a dude, right?
  还不如"你知道我是爷们儿吧?"。
  Yeah, it was pretty bad.
  是啊,糟糕死了。
  -Leonard:No doubt, no doubt.
  必然的,必然的。
  I'm sorry it didn't work out.
  work out:产生结果
  不好意思,结果这么糟。
  -Man:Not your fault.
  不是你的错。
  -Leonard:Yeah, how about that?
  可不是嘛。
  See you soon.
  回头见。
  -Man:Sure.
  嗯了。
  -Howard:Yes, sir, I understand "classified."
  classified:机密的
  是的,我明白这是机密。
  We'll keep it all classified; no one has to know but you and me.
  天知地知,你知我知。
  -Penny:What's classified?
  啥机密?
  -Leonard:Howard's space toilet. I'll tell you later.
  Howard的太空厕所,回头慢慢跟你说。
  -Howard:Well, they've deployed our solution.
  solution:解决办法
  他们应用了我们的补救方案,
  Let's just all hope it works.
  希望起作用。
  -Sheldon:I don't see why I have to worry.
  不知道我为啥要担心,
  My career's not hanging in the balance.
  career :事业 hanging in the balance:安危未定
  又不是我的事业悬而未决。
  That was a joke.
  开玩笑呢。
  It's funny,
  很好笑,
  because it's true.
  因为这是事实。
  -Penny:Leonard, could you pass the soy sauce, please?
  soy sauce:酱油
  Leonard 把酱油给我好吗?
  -Leonard:I'm sorry, were you talking to me?
  你是跟我说话呢吗?
  -Penny:Yeah, I said "Leonard."
  是啊,我叫的是"Leonard"。
  -Leonard:Yes, you did, didn't you?
  没错嘛,是不是?
  -Penny:What the hell is that?
  那是什么鬼东西?
  -Howard:Meatloaf.
  肉馅糕。
  -Leonard:What was it doing on the ceiling?
  ceiling:天花板
  怎么跑天花板上去了?
  -Howard:That's classified.
  这是机密。
  -Space Station:Houston, International Space Station.
  休斯顿,这里是国际空间站(休斯顿为美国国家宇航局所在地)。
  We have a little situation up here.
  我们这有点小状况,
  We'd like to make an unscheduled space walk.
  unscheduled:不按时间表的
  我们要临时安排一次太空行走。
  -Houston:I.S.S., Houston.
  I.S.S:International Space Station,国际空间站
  国际空间站,这里是休斯顿,
  Which members would be involved in this E.V.A.?
  crew:机务人员   involve:参与
  将有哪些成员出舱?
  -Space Station:Houston, we'd all like to step outside for a few minutes.
  step:行走
  我们都想出舱走走。
  -Houston:I.S.S., I'm afraid we can't authorize that.
  authorize:批准
  这将不予批准。
  -Space Station:Houston, this is more of an FYI call.
  FYI:for your information,给你提供信息
  其实我们只是通知一下。
  We are basically out the door.
  我们已经被迫出舱了。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/shdbz/shdbz2/288406.html