纸牌屋第一季 第3期:弗兰克国务卿落选(在线收听) |
That way... Frank. I'm gonna stop you there. 这样,弗兰克,我得打断你
We are not nominating you for the Secretary of State.
我们不打算提名你为国务卿
I know, he made you a promise,
我知道他向你承诺过
but circumstances have changed.
但现在情况有变
The nature of promises, Linda,
所谓承诺,琳达
纸牌屋第一季.jpg
is that they remain immune to changing cicumstances.
就是不论情况如何变化也不受影响
Garrett has thought long and hard about this.
加勒特已经深思熟虑过了
And he's decided we need you to stay in Congress.
他认为我们需要你留在国会
When was this decision made?
这是什么时候的决定
And why wasn't I part of a conversation?
为什么我没参与商讨
I'm sorry, Frank, if it been up to me,
我很抱歉,弗兰克,如果由我决定
I wouldn't have waited this long to tell you.
我也不会等到现在才告诉你
So you knew, you were going to do this.
那你早就知道要这么做
It has been an evolving discussion.
我们的确谈了很久
It's a chickenshit move.
这就是懦夫的做法
Frank... I was vetted.
弗兰克,我都做过审查了
Was that a ruse? No.
那都是晃我吗,不是的
Let's be absolutely clear,
我们打开天窗说亮话
you wouldn't have won without me.
没有我,你们赢不了
You're right, but now we have to lead.
你说的没错,但我们现在执政了
And that means making tough choices.
所以得做出艰难的决定
As you know, education is a top priority for us.
你知道,教育是我们的重中之重
A complete federal overhaul.
要进行彻底的改革
But it's not just the education, Frank,
但不仅仅是教育,弗兰克
Congress has split.
国会已经分裂了
We need you there, more than we need you in the State Department.
我们更需要你待在国会,而不是国务院
I got you hired, Linda.
是我找你来的,琳达
I know.
我知道
Donations, endorsements.
捐款,博取公开支持
I wrote the campaign's entire foreign policy platform.
我为竞选写了整套外交纲领
I bring years of Foreign Affairs Committee...
我把外事委员会多年来...
Frank.
弗兰克
Please.
请别这样
I want to speak to Walker personally.
我要单独和沃克谈
The decision is made.
已经决定了
We need you, Frank.
我们需要你,弗兰克
Will you stand beside us or not?
你会支持我们吗
Of course, if that's what the President wants.
当然了,如果这是总统所愿
I'm very glad to hear that.
很高兴听到这话
I'm curious.
我很好奇
If not me then who?
你们选了谁
Michael Kern.
迈克尔·科恩
Michael Kern?
迈克尔·科恩
Well...
嗯
that is an excellent choice.
真是绝妙的选择
Do you think it'll look clear?
这样清楚吗
I just want to make sure it doesn't look like
我可不想让这看着像
we're neglecting out domestic...
我们在忽略国内...
No, no, no, no... I'm gonna say
不不不,我会说
that we are expanding our mission. Okay.
我们在拓展业务,好的
And we're bringing on a new organization to help us.
我们会启用新的组织帮助我们
They know which one yet?
决定好用哪家了吗
I'm still looking into a few options, but, um...
我还在定夺,但是
Tell me, what did we agree on that we could hire how many new people.
我们之前说定要招几个新人
Six? Six, maybe seven.
六个吗,六七个吧
We'll have enough.
人手足够的
Ooh, it's exciting. Huh?
真激动人心啊
This, uh, new direction we're heading.
向着新方向前进
I just don't know where we're gonna fit all the people.
我只是不知道要怎么安置那些人
Well, do you think we'll have to look into additional space?
你觉得我们地方不够用吗
No, no. I'll find a way.
不不,我会想办法
Okay, so make the changes to the power point.
好,去修改PPT
And let's meet again, at 2:30. Okay.
两点半开会,好的
It's me.
是我
I feel like an idiot leaving messages like this. Call me back.
我像傻子一样给你留言,打给我
What is it, Zoe?
什么事,佐伊
Um, I knew you're gonna have your hands full at the White House. So,...
我知道你在白宫会很忙,所以
If you need someone to do research, or...
如果你需要谁来做调查,或者
Or punch out background. I think I'll be fine.
写背景资料,我没问题
Well, if things get hectic, and you need any help...
如果实在忙不过来,需要帮助的话...
So you can blog about rubbing shoulders with the big boys.
你好写博客说跟大人物打过交道了吗
Wh... What did Lucas tell you?
卢卡斯跟你说了什么
Look, no offence, Zoey,
无意冒犯,佐伊
But I don't have time to be anyone's training wheels.
但我没时间教菜鸟
I just thought...
我只是想
No, I was just actually offering to lend a hand.
我只想帮帮你
That's it. I got it.
仅此而已,知道了
Thanks.
谢谢
Claire. You didn't call.
卡莱尔,你没打电话
I was... You didn't call me, Francis.
我...你没打电话,弗兰西斯
Nine hours, you don't not call me.
九小时,没一个电话
Not when it's this big.
这可是天大的事
You're right.
是的 |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/zpwdyj/zpwdy/304480.html |