纸牌屋第一季 第24期:17岁女孩的悲剧(在线收听) |
Page 43, section 7. We'd like some clarification. 请说明一下43页第七节
Section 7 has to do with the evaluative measures
第七节是是关于评估手段
"Evaluative measures."
评估手段
What we're talking about here are performance standards,
这就是教师绩效标准
plain and simple.
简单明了
We can't have that. We open that can of worms
这是不行的,是在自寻烦恼
纸牌屋第一季.jpg
Gotta take it out, Frank. The Administration wants it in.
得删掉它,弗兰克,政府要加上这点
Then we're all wasting our time.
那我们就是在浪费时间
Well, look, I can cut down the frequency of testing,
我可以降低考核频率
but it's got to be part of the overall
但它必须留在法案里
That's the thin edge of a twoton wedge.
恶果会滚雪球
No way, nondebatable. All right, hold on.
这不行,没得商量,等等
There's no harm in hearing them out, right?
听他们说完也没坏处,对吧
Frank, what do you have in mind?
弗兰克,你怎么想
We adjust article 4. Hand me article 4.
我们修正第四条,给我第四条
We go every three years instead of two.
两年一次改为三年
Frank, for us to even consider testing
弗兰克,要我们考虑考核...
Marty, we can't negotiate time intervals here.
马蒂,这根本就不是频率的问题
If I'm just saying if
我只是说如果这么做
The frequency could never be more than five years.
频率决不能高于五年一次
Look, five is a little high, but if you can bend on that
五年一次有点低,但如果这你们同意了
Marty. Wait, wait, wait. And it's not just frequency.
马蒂,等等,这不光是频率问题
Veteran teachers would have to be exempt
如果资深教师
if they have a proven record of excellence with the students.
教学成绩斐然,他们可以免考
Well, excuse me for a moment.
我得失陪一下
Corey, will you take the reins on this?
科瑞,你来说一下这个问题
Right, so, article 4 in terms of exceptions
好,第四条,关于免考
I've been saying for years that we should tear it down.
多年来,我一直说这东西该拆掉
It's vulgar, it's an embarrassment to the county,
不仅土气,让全郡都丢脸
but time and time again Frank Underwood
但弗兰克·安德伍德却一次次
has fought to keep it standing.
拼力保住它
If it weren't for him,
如果不是他
the Peachoid would've been replaced ages ago.
大桃子早就被改建了
And Jessica Masters would still be alive.
杰西卡·马斯特斯也不会死去
The congressman needs to answer for this tragedy.
国会议员要为这起悲剧负责
What exactly happened?
究竟发生了什么
A 17yearold girl
一名17岁的女孩
ran off the road texting her boyfriend, and I quote,
驾车跟男友发短信而冲出大路,短信为
"Doesn't the Peachoid look like a giant..." "
大桃子像不像个巨大的..."
And then she lost control of the car. Jesus.
然后她的车就失控了,老天
Orrin's making a big fuss in the local press.
奥林利用当地媒体大做文章
And he's pushing the parents to sue Gaffney.
他还催促女孩父母起诉加夫尼郡
Sue Gaffney? It's in his own jurisdiction.
起诉加夫尼,那是他的辖区啊
It's worth throwing Gaffney under the bus
为了把你拖下水
to drag you into the mess.
他在所不辞
He's after my seat again.
他又在觊觎我的位子
Has he learned absolutely nothing?
就没吸取丁点教训吗
It's a fullon smear campaign, boss.
这是火力全开的诋毁宣传,先生
He's out to destroy you.
他想毁了你
With this? It's a peach, for Christ sake.
用这个,天呐,不就是个桃子吗
Let him make a fool out of himself.
让他自己出丑吧
No, he will make a fool out of you.
不,他会让你出丑的
If he spins this right, gets national coverage
如果他炒作得当,报道覆盖全国
National coverage? It's a joke.
覆盖全国,这就是个笑话
And you will be the butt of it.
到时候,你就成笑柄了
We can't afford that right now,
我们现在不能出事
not when you're in the spotlight with the education bill.
你现在因为教育法案正备受瞩目
This thing has caused me so much damn trouble.
这事给我惹了这么多麻烦
I know. So who should I call, parents?
我知道,该打给谁,女孩父母吗
Phone call's not going to cut it.
打电话是不够的
You need to go down there. Can it wait until Monday?
你得亲自南下,能等到周一吗
We get on this thing right now, we can contain it.
我们马上处理此事,还能控制得住
We wait until Monday,
如果等到周一
then there's no way to know how much this is going to blow up on us.
那就难说这事会造成多大的破坏
I can't go down to Gaffney. The unions have just
我不能南下去加夫尼,工会刚
We postpone They're gonna be livid.
我们延期,他们会发火的
Marty's reasonable, okay? He will explain to them.
马蒂通事理,会和他们解释的
And they're just supposed to understand and accept
那他们就能理解并接受
that I had to get up from the negotiating table
我不得不中断谈判
because some twobit county administrator wants to
只因一个小郡长想...
I don't want to interrupt you, sir,
我不想打断你,先生
but this is not just about Orrin.
但这不只是关于奥林
It's about the parents.
还有女孩的父母
Now, you think about the lawsuit.
你想想诉讼
What happens if you have to testify?
如果要你去做证怎么办
Subpoenas, depositions.
传票,宣誓作证
You get dragged into a court battle,
你要是被卷入官司
there is no education bill.
就别提教育法案了
We can't ignore this.
这事不容忽视
I just hate this smallball crap.
我讨厌这套扯淡的"小球战术" |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/zpwdyj/zpwdy/304514.html |