纸牌屋第一季 第25期:教师工会首脑(在线收听) |
It's called the what? The peach what? 叫什么,桃什么
The Peachoid.
大桃子
It's a giant water tower in the shape of a peach.
那是一座桃子状的巨型水塔
I just googled it. "The Peachoid."
我刚谷歌了,大桃子
She was 17, Linda.
她才17岁,琳达
纸牌屋第一季.jpg
You're right. I'm sorry.
没错,抱歉
I need another week. No, that's not going to work.
再给我一周时间,不行
The president makes his speech on Tuesday.
总统要在周二做演说
We've already announced.
我们已经宣布了
Speeches can be rescheduled.
演说可以重新安排
We have to show some progress on education, Frank.
教改得拿出进展来,弗兰克
The first hundred days is almost over.
就职百天转眼就到
If we push back the speech,
如果我们推迟演说
it'll look like we're spinning our wheels.
会让人觉得我们在偷懒
All right, I'll work something out.
好吧,我再想想办法
Thank you, Linda.
谢谢,琳达
Frank, these are the heads
弗兰克,这些人是
of the two largest teachers unions in the country.
全国最大的两个教师工会的首脑
I understand. They flew here on a weekend.
我明白,们周末抽空飞过来的
Doug will lead the charge.
道格会主持讨论
Congressman Phillips is well vetted
菲利普斯议员也没问题
They flew here to see you, Frank.
他们是飞来见你的,弗兰克
You're managing this bill.
是你在负责法案
Put this in the other bag.
把这放到那个包里
And I'll be in constant communication.
我会保持联络的
Anything big comes up, I'm a phone call away.
有什么要紧事,打电话就行了
It's a 300page document.
300页的文件啊
We need you in that room.
我们需要你在场
I would stay if I could,
我也是没办法
but this is my home district.
这可是我的选区啊
Now, Marty, cut me a little slack here.
马蒂,放我一马吧
We'll get it done.
我们能把它搞定
You and I go way back.
我们是老交情了
Have I ever let you down?
我让你失望过吗
No, you haven't.
没,没有
And I don't intend to start now.
我现在也没这打算
Hello?
有人吗
Gillian? Claire.
吉莉安吗,莱尔
It's so nice to finally meet you.
很高兴终于见面了
Yeah I'm a little under the weather.
我有点身体不适
I don't want to get you sick.
不想传染给你
Well, if you're feeling ill, we can
你要是不舒服,我们可以...
No, no, no, I'm fine. It's just a cold.
不不不,没关系,感冒而已
Well, thank you for coming in.
非常感谢你过来
Of course.
不客气
Shall we talk in my office?
去我办公室谈好吗
These are really cool photographs.
这些照片真棒
Oh, thank you.
谢谢
Adam Galloway took the pictures.
是亚当·嘉乐威拍的
Have you heard of him?
你听说过他吗
No.
没有
I met him at the Whitney biennial a couple years ago
我几年前在惠特尼双年展上遇到他
and commissioned him to do these.
然后委托他拍了这些
He just had a big show at PS1.
他刚刚在PS1开了大型摄影展
I'm not up to date on the art world.
我对艺术界真的不太了解
That's all right.
没关系
We're not here to talk about photography. Are we?
我们也不是来谈论摄影的,不是吗
My office is over here.
我办公室在这边
You run into any trouble, you call me.
遇到任何麻烦,打电话给我
I got it covered.
没问题的
Gene Clancy know I'm coming?
吉恩·克兰希知道我要过去吗
Just spoke to him.
刚刚和他通过话
Get to it.
那就去吧
Your flight is booked, leaves in 55 minutes.
你的航班定好了 55分后起飞
Ed will be joining you.
艾德会跟你过去
Where's Steve?
史蒂夫去哪了
He went home sick about an hour ago, sir.
他一小时前请病假回家了,先生
I'll be filling in.
我来顶替他
What's your name again? Edward what?
你叫什么来着,姓什么
Meacham. You drive fast, Meacham?
密查姆,开车快吗,密查姆
You wanted to talk to me?
你找我吗
Come on, Zoe. This is Mrs. Tilden, owner of
进来,佐伊,这位是蒂尔顿太太...
She knows who I am.
她知道我是谁
Mrs. Tilden liked your profile on Catherine Durant.
蒂尔顿太太很喜欢你对凯瑟琳·杜兰特的特写
No, I didn't. I loved it.
不,不是喜欢,是非常喜欢
In depth, uncompromising.
有深度,非常坚定
Normally I don't read things before they go to print,
通常我不会在报道付印前阅读
but Cathy's a friend.
但凯茜是我的朋友
Tell me how you knew she'd be nominated before she did?
说说你是怎么提前知道她会获提名的
You want my source?
你想知道我的消息来源
Tom says you won't tell him.
汤姆说你不肯告诉他
I haven't told anyone.
我谁也没告诉
Well, I own the paper.
我是报社的东家
And I'm very grateful to be working here.
能在这里工作我深感荣幸
So you're not going to tell me either.
那你也不准备告诉我了
Which do you want, my source or my integrity?
您想要什么,我的联络人还是气节
Tom.
汤姆
Move Zoe's piece to the front page of Sunday's edition.
把佐伊的报道挪到周日的头版
Let me think that over.
我会考虑的
You think it over as much as you want.
随你怎么考虑
Then put it on the front page.
然后把它放在头版 |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/zpwdyj/zpwdy/304515.html |