纸牌屋第一季 第35期:漂亮的杰西卡(在线收听) |
What I see in you is a woman I admire, 我钦佩你
which doesn't happen often.
能让我钦佩的女人很少
I want to enable you.
我想给你施展的平台
I want to clear the way for you
我想帮你扫除障碍
so that you can achieve what you want to achieve,
让你能做你想做的事
纸牌屋第一季.jpg
on your own terms.
按你自己的方式做
Thanks for the tea.
谢谢你的茶
And I will send a car to pick you up for the doctor tomorrow.
我明天会派辆车来接你去看医生
When you're back on your feet,
等你感觉好一点
do you think maybe we can work something out?
你觉得我们可以好好商量一下吗
Yes, I think we could.
是的,我想可以
That's her at junior prom.
这是她在高二舞会上
Beautiful.
真漂亮
Here she is in her letter jacket.
这是她穿着字母夹克衫
She made varsity as a freshman.
她高一就进了校队
I remember the day she found out.
我还记得她知道消息的那一天
Coach called.
教练打来电话
Jessie starts jumping up and down.
杰西高兴得蹦了起来
"Mom, guess what?"
"妈,你猜怎么"
I'm sorry.
抱歉
Don't be. It's fine.
不,没事的
Why are we doing this?
我们这是在干什么
Honestly, what's to be gained in dredging up all this stuff?
说真的,回忆这些有什么用
Remembering the good things helps sometimes
回忆美好往事有时能帮助...
Not when it puts my wife in tears.
让我妻子哭可不叫帮助
I appreciate what you said at the church,
我感激你在教堂说的那番话
but it doesn't do us any good.
但对我们没什么用
Neither does this.
这也一样
Well, what can I do to help?
那我要怎么能帮你们呢
You can't do anything.
你什么都做不了
She's gone.
她已经死了
You're right. I can't change that,
你说得对,这我改变不了
but I can make sure
但我能确保
the city offers you a sizable settlement.
让市政府给你们一笔可观的和解费
You mean buy us off?
你是说收买我们
No, I mean help you
不,我是说帮你们
avoiding years of court battles.
避免旷日持久的官司
Jessica was going to go to Furman. Is that right?
杰西卡本来要去弗曼上大学,对吗
On a volleyball scholarship?
她获得了排球奖学金
Yes, a full ride.
是的,全额奖学金
Well, I spoke to the president of the university this morning,
我今早和大学校长谈了
and we'd like to create a new scholarship in your daughter's name.
我们想以你女儿的名义创建一个新奖学金
If you'd like that.
如果你们愿意的话
It's entirely up to you.
这完全取决于你们
But, most importantly,
但最重要的是
we have to make sure that this never happens again.
我们必须确保这种事故再也不会发生
We've got safety billboards going up,
我们拉起了安全广告牌
we're going to stop lighting the tower at night,
晚上水塔也不会再亮灯了
and we're putting the guard rails in.
并且在安装护栏
Should've done all that before she ran off the road.
在她冲下马路前,就该做好这些事
Would you like me to resign, Mr. Masters?
你要我辞职吗,马斯特斯先生
Just say the word, and it's done.
你一句话,我立马辞
If it will bring you any satisfaction.
如果这能让你好过一点的话
I asked the reverend once,
我曾问过牧师
"What are we supposed to do in the face of so much senseless pain?"
在这些无意义痛苦面前,我们该怎么做
And he said to me,
他告诉我
"What else can we do "
除了从无意义的事中
but take what seems meaningless
尽力挖掘出一些有意义的东西
and try to make something meaningful from it."
我们还能做什么呢"
He's right.
他是对的
That's how God works
上帝就是这样
through us.
通过我们发挥作用
Will you let me work for you?
你愿意让我帮助你吗
What you have to understand about my people
你要知道,我的老乡们
is that they are a noble people.
都是高尚的人
Humility is their form of pride.
他们的自豪表现在谦逊中
It is their strength, it is their weakness,
这是他们的力量,也是他们的缺陷
and if you can humble yourself before them,
如果你能在他们面前保持谦卑
they will do anything you ask.
他们会任你差遣
Tell us more about the scholarship.
再跟我们说说奖学金的事 |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/zpwdyj/zpwdy/309831.html |