纸牌屋第一季 第36期:你可以选择皆大欢喜(在线收听

   What are you doing?

  你在干什么
  Working. On what?
  工作,什么工作
  The, uh, BRAC commission stuff.
  军事基地整合委员会的事
  I'm behind on it.
  我落进度了
  It's Sunday.
  今天是周日
  So?
  所以呢
  纸牌屋第一季.jpg
  You don't usually work on the weekend.
  你周末一般不工作
  Well, now I do.
  现在不是做了
  There's, uh, coffee in the kitchen. You want some?
  厨房里有咖啡,你要吗
  Peter...
  彼得
  Peter.
  彼得
  If I decide to stay,
  如果我决定留下来
  it's because it's what I want, not what you want.
  也是因为我自己,不是因为你
  I understand.
  我知道
  Which draft are you reading of the written testimony?
  你看的是哪份书面证词的草稿
  The one you sent on Thursday.
  你周四发过来的那份
  I actually changed it on Friday.
  周五我又做了点改动
  Can I show you?
  我指给你看吧
  Yeah, I was thinking that we could start with job numbers
  我想我们可以从工作数量入手
  and then go to economic multipliers
  接着讲经济乘数
  instead of the other way around.
  而不是倒过来
  What do you think?
  你觉得呢
  Let's see what it looks like.
  改改看吧
  Picture this
  想象一下
  A 17yearold girl
  一名17岁的女孩
  traveling at 60 miles an hour
  以时速60英里驾驶汽车
  spins out of control in no traffic.
  在空旷的路上突然失控
  She hits a guard rail.
  然后她撞上了护栏
  But if she's wearing her seatbelt,
  但是,如果她系上了安全带
  which she was,
  而她确实系了
  and her car doesn't roll over three times down a 20foot ditch,
  而她的车没有沿着深沟翻了三次
  which it did,
  而车的确翻了
  then that young woman is still alive.
  那么这名女孩现在还会活着
  But you know what?
  但你知道吗
  The county administrator didn't build those guard rails,
  正因为郡长没有建造护栏
  so now she's dead.
  所以她死了
  We looked up the statute.
  我们查了章程
  Guard rails are under county supervision.
  护栏是郡政府管的
  Are you trying to turn this around on me?
  你们想倒打一耙吗
  That's not all, Orrin.
  这还不止,奥林
  Your easement.
  还有你的地役权
  You see, every couple of years the Piedmont Electric,
  你看,山麓电网每隔几年
  they apply to bring power lines through Gaffney.
  就申请让输电线横穿加夫尼
  The route comes right through your lot.
  你这块地正好在路线之上
  Now, Gene and I always fight them off.
  我和吉恩每次都把这事压下
  But this year, if they were to reapply, hmm...
  但今年,他们要是再来申请
  Eminent domain.
  政府强制征收
  It would be such a shame to have to tear down this beautiful home.
  拆掉这么漂亮的房子,真是可惜
  Fuck you, Frank.
  见鬼去吧,弗兰克
  You can't just roll up on my property and act like you own it.
  你休想跑到我家来,还一副你的地盘的样子
  Oh, but I can.
  不,我可以
  We just did.
  我已经做了
  I've won this district 11 times.
  我赢得了这个选区11次选举
  Do you think that's just luck and a firm handshake?
  你以为光凭运气和握手能做到吗
  But I'll tell you what. I'm not a vindictive person.
  不过告诉你,我不喜欢报复人
  I don't like for anybody to lose if everybody can win,
  要是能达到共赢,也不忍见任何人输
  so I'm going to help you get elected in the fourth.
  所以,我帮你赢得第四选区的选举
  You get to keep your house. I keep the fifth.
  你保住房子,我保住第五选区
  We put the Peachoid behind us, and everybody's happy.
  把大桃子抛到脑后,皆大欢喜
  What do you say?
  你说呢
  Well, that's all right. You think about it.
  没关系,你好好考虑吧
  I'm sure you'll do the right thing.
  我相信你会做出正确的选择
  Oh, and I'm looking forward to having you in congress, Orrin.
  期待你成为国会的一员,奥林
  It's always good to have friends on the other side of the aisle.
  能在对立党派有个朋友总归是好事
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/zpwdyj/zpwdy/309832.html