纸牌屋第一季 第52期:讨论新州长候选人(在线收听) |
Patricia Whittaker, D.N.C. Chair. 帕特里夏·惠特克,民主党全国委员会主席
A rare example of someone whose head is in the game
极少数用大脑
instead of up their backside.
而不是屁股思考的人
Competence is such an exotic bird in these woods
能力在这群人中凤毛麟角
that I appreciate it whenever I see it.
每碰到有能力的人我都很欣赏
This also affects the House.
对国会也有影响
The new governor will oversee redistricting.
新州长将负责重划选区
纸牌屋第一季.jpg
We lose seats here,
在这儿丢了席位
that means we could lose our majority in Washington.
在华盛顿就可能失去主导
Well,the R.N.C. is backing Jack Swofford,exMayor of Pittsburgh.
共和党支持杰克·斯沃夫,匹兹堡的前市长
He's got statewide name recognition
他在全州有知名度
and campaign machinery in place.
竞选也准备充分
It's been three months, and we don't have dick.
三个月过去了,我们却还没有人选
What about the A.G.? Ben Pluckett?
那个司法部长怎么样,本·普拉克特
No. Ben's got his eyes set on the senate in '14.
不行,本14年要竞选参议员
Which he'll lose because
他不会成功的
he botched a sex offender sting last year.
他去年搞砸了一起性侵钓鱼执法的案子
There's always McHolland. He's 78.
麦克霍兰德总可以吧,他 78了
When's the last time he held office, when Carter was president?
上次他在职的时候,卡特还是总统吧
Reagan, but same difference.
里根,不过差不多
He has dignity, he has gravitas.
他受人尊敬,举止庄重
If you need someone to fill Matthews' shoes
如果要找人替马修斯的话
You can't fill Jim Matthews' shoes, so we shouldn't even try.
我们根本就不该找人去代替马修斯
We need a fresh face.
得找张新面孔
The state has a weak bench.
但这个州的候选人都不怎么样
Let's go through all the sitting Congressmen one by one
那就一个个过现任议员
and see if anybody sticks out from the crowd.
看看有没有谁脱颖而出
All right. I got the list right here.
名单在这里
Okay. Go ahead.
很好,开始
Pennsylvania's first district, Peter Russo.
宾夕法尼亚第一选区,彼得·罗素
Cross him off. He's no good. No experience, no chops.
划掉,他不行,没经验,能力一般
Okay, moving on. Second district, Gwendolyn Pierce.
继续,第二选区,格温多林·皮尔斯
Nah, Gwen's too controversial. Very vocal on abortion.
格温争议太大,在堕胎问题上太极端
And Caroline? She's good.
卡洛琳呢,她不错
And the boys? All fucking four of 'em?
小伙子们怎么样,你问他们四个
You feed 'em.
你养四张嘴试试
You got any pictures on your phone?
你手机上有他们的照片吗
Come on. Let's cut the shit, Pete, will ya?
得了,彼得,就别废话了,好吗
What are we gonna do about the shipyard?
船厂你打算怎么办
BRAC had their hearing.
军事基地整合委员会的听证会已经结束了
They slated it for closing.
他们要关闭那里
Yeah, and why didn't you testify?
你当时怎么不作证
We're talking 12,000 jobs here.
这可是一万两千个工作岗位
My hands were tied, Paul. People wanted it closed.
我也没办法,保罗,有人要关掉它
I was under a lot of pressure. From who?
我压力很大,谁给你的压力
People high up the food chain.
位高权重的人
There was nothing I could do. That's bullshit!
我无能为力,放屁
You go back to BRAC. You talk to the D.O.D.
你去找委员会,和外交部交涉
You talk to the Secretary of the Navy. You do something.
找海军部长谈,总之做点什么
It's not gonna happen.
不可能
Okay. Why not? I told you. It's political.
为什么,我说了,政治原因
Okay, So I'm supposed to go back to the shipbuilders' association
好,那你让我回造船厂协会
and say what now exactly?
怎么跟他们说
That they're out of work because Pete Russo's playing politics?
他们都因为彼得·罗素的弄权而丢了工作吗
I mean, Jesus, Pete.
天呐,彼得
We're the ones who got you fucking elected in the first place.
是我们支持你赢得了选举
Now you're gonna turn your back on us?
现在你却要背叛我们
You should go.
你该走了
Seriously?
你说真的
I just got here. You're kicking me out now?
我才刚到,你就赶我走
Hey, I'm fucking talking to you!
我在和你说话
I thought we grew up together.
我以为我们是一起长大的朋友
But this guy sitting behind his big desk...
但这个坐在大办公桌后面的人
I don't even know who the fuck he is.
我根本不知道他是谁
Where's the Pete Russo who knew how
那个被逼入绝境
to throw a punch when his back was against the wall?
也要誓死反抗的彼得哪去了
That guy was my friend.
那个人才是我的朋友
Every teacher in the country a month before school ends?
放假前一个月拉拢整个国家的老师
Doesn't need all of them. 15, 20 states, that's all.
不用全拉拢 15 20个州就足够了
The A.F.T. And the N.E.A. can't agree on anything.
美国教师联合会和全国教育协会向来有分歧
You underestimate Marty Spinella.
你低估了马蒂·斯比奈拉的能力
So which one do we target?
那我们去找谁
We have a better chance with the N.E.A.
全国教育协会的可能性更高
You think Chuck Sloan will bite?
你认为查克·斯隆会上钩
Cooperate we'll give your people protection
合作,我们就保护你的人
and a place at the banquet.
提升你的地位
Fight us, we break you.
反抗,我们就毁了你
He'll bite. Get him on the phone.
他会上钩的,给他打电话
It's after 2:00.
现在凌晨两点多了
Spinella is potentially mobilizing
斯比奈拉正在策动
the largest teachers' strike in United States history.
美国历史上最大规模的教师罢工
Nobody's sleeping. I'll call him right now.
没人睡得着,我现在给他打
I'm sorry. Are we being too loud?
抱歉,我们声音太大了吗
A little.
有点
What are you working on? The gala.
你在忙什么,庆典
There's so much to do.
要做的事太多
Did Nancy send you my list? She did.
南茜把我的名单发给你了吗,发了
What'd you think? It's a good list.
你怎么看,名单不错
Thanks for inviting them.
谢谢你邀请他们 |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/zpwdyj/zpwdy/309919.html |