纸牌屋第一季 第68期:优秀的候选人(在线收听) |
No, it's got to be here. I can't be getting on a plane. 不,必须得在这里,我不能坐飞机
It looks too opportunistic.
那样就太投机了
Maybe if we open it up a little bit.
或许我们该扩大点范围
No, we cannot lower our standards.
不,我们不能降低标准
We just have to be patient.
再耐心等等
New rule now that the debate's over,
新规则,既然辩论结束了
Frank Underwood has to tell us what the hell that was.
弗兰克·安德伍德该告诉我们到底怎么回事
纸牌屋第1季.jpg
Seriously, Congressman, was that a joke?
说真的,议员,你是在搞笑吗
I haven't seen something just lay there like that
我很久没听过这样的东西了
since, uh...
自从...
I gotta go all the way back to my prom night.
我得追溯到我的毕业舞会了
Can we just settle this strike please?
我们能解决这次罢工吗
Teachers have been out of the classroom for so long,
教师离开教室太久了
middle schoolers are starting to have sex with each other.
初中生都开始"嘿咻"了
Enough.
别看了
I don't know why you had it on in the first place.
真不知道你为什么要看它
I love you, Francis.
我爱你,弗兰西斯
I know.
我知道
We should say that more often to each other.
我们该经常对彼此说这话
I need to clear my head.
我得去理下思路
...north and east of the airport.
机场北面和东面
I'm gonna need that in time for that meeting.
会议之前及时帮我准备好
Peter, let's talk.
彼得,我们聊聊吧
So. I've spoken to Patricia Whittaker.
我找过帕特里夏·惠特克了
She's on board.
她同意了
You'll be getting four
民主党国家委员会
million in startup funding from the DNC.
将为你提供四百万美元启动资金
I'll pick the team. You announce in August.
我来挑选团队,你在八月宣布
But the campaign starts today.
但竞选今天就开始了
Are you ready?
你准备好了吗
I've already put together a platform.
我已经草拟了一份纲领
It's mostly broad strokes, but we can hone it.
大部分还很宽泛,但我们可以再打磨
Good. The first thing we need to address
很好,我们的首要任务是
is your sobriety.
是你的戒酒
Oh, you don't need to worry about that.
这点你不用担心
Have you been going to meetings?
你参加聚会了吗
You mean AA?
你指嗜酒者互诫会
Yes. That's not really my thing.
对,我对那个没兴趣
If you want my help,
如果你要我帮你
then going to meetings is my one requirement.
参加互诫会是我的唯一要求
I know I had a problem, Frank.
我知道我酗酒,弗兰克
I accept that.
我承认
And I've taken responsibility for that,
我会对此负责
but I don't think going to meetings is necessary.
但我认为我不需要参加互诫会
You cannot whiteknuckle your recovery, Peter.
你恢复期不能这么紧张,彼得
This campaign will be the hardest thing
这次竞选将是你这辈子
you've ever done in your life.
做的最艰难的事
I realize that. I'm prepared for that.
我知道,我有心理准备
You think you are.
你以为自己准备好了
But we can't take any chances.
但我们要杜绝风险
The party's investing in you.
党内对你寄予厚望
I need to make sure you're investing in yourself.
我得确保你也全力以赴
All right. I'll do whatever I have to do.
好,我会做任何必要的事
Good. You'll start tomorrow morning.
很好,从明天早上开始
Doug will take you. Stamper?
道格会带你去,斯坦福
He's been sober 14 years.
他戒酒14年了
Doug has a drinking problem?
道格也酗酒吗
Had. Not anymore. He'll be your sponsor.
曾经,已经戒了,他会做你的保证人
In the meantime, I want you to meet with my wife, Claire.
与此同时,我要你去见我妻子,克莱尔
She runs the Clean Water Initiative.
她运作净水计划
She's expecting you,
她在等你
so clear your schedule and head over there now.
取消你的行程,现在就过去
Frank.
弗兰克
Thank you.
谢谢你
For believing in me.
愿意相信我
You're gonna make a great candidate, Peter.
你会成为优秀的候选人,彼得
The shipyard closing frees up 1,100 acres of federal land.
关闭造船厂空出了一千英亩国有土地
Our goal is to pass a watershed act for the Delaware River.
我们的目标是通过特拉华河流域的法案
We develop the land in an environmentallyresponsible way,
我们以不破坏环境的方式开发土地
creating jobs in the process.
同时创造就业岗位
How many jobs? Thousands.
多少岗位,上千个
We're aiming for the $200million mark.
我们目标收益两亿美元
We got a lot of work to do.
我们有很多事要做
We do, but you can start with the congressman
没错,但你可以从
whose districts fall within the watershed.
选区在流域内的议员入手
Do you have a draft of the bill you can show me?
你能不能让我看下草案
We haven't sponsored any environmental legislation.
我们从没发起过环境法规
我是史蒂夫,不要打电话,来看看我
We'll draft it in consultation with your staff.
草案等和你的同事商议后再定
Gillian will be the point person on our end.
吉莉安是我们这边的主负责人
I don't have any legislation experience.
我没有任何立法经验
I'll help you. When do we start?
我会帮你,什么时候开始
We just did.
已经开始了
Will you introduce him to the research team?
麻烦向他介绍下研究团队
I'll be there in one second. Sure.
我一会儿就过去,好 |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/zpwdyj/zpwdy/309955.html |