纸牌屋第一季 第74期:大忙人(在线收听

   Good morning.

  早上好
  "The education reform and achievement act that I sign into law today
  由我签署并于今天生效的《教育改革和成就法案》
  will affect every child and parent in the United States,
  与全国的孩子及其家长息息相关
  will ensure a better educated workforce for decades to come,
  它将改善未来数十年的教学水平
  and will reinforce America's
  巩固并强化美国
  preeminence as an intellectual superpower.
  作为教育强国的领先地位
  纸牌屋第1季.jpg
  And I'd like to thank one man in particular
  在此我要特别感谢一个人
  who never lost sight of the larger mission,
  他富有远见卓识
  who spearheaded this bill from the beginning,
  并带领完成了这部法案
  and that's congressman Frank Underwood."
  他就是弗兰克·安德伍德议员
  Invited guests, please join us in the east room for refreshments.
  各位贵宾,东厅备有点心,请随我们来
  Media, we will convene
  媒体朋友们
  immediately in the briefing room for our conference.
  我们立即到简报室集中开会
  Linda, thank you so much for all the help you gave us
  谢谢你,琳达,法案能够顺利通过
  in getting this bill passed.
  你功不可没啊
  No, thank you, Frank.
  不,谢谢你,弗兰克
  This was your baby from the beginning.
  这完全是你的心血
  I appreciate you standing your ground on this one, Frank.
  很高兴你能坚持己见,弗兰克
  I'm smart enough to admit when I was wrong.
  我还知道有错就该承认
  I was just telling Frank we should set up a weekly
  我刚才还跟弗兰克说该每周碰次面
  so he can keep us up to date on what's going on in the house.
  让他向我们汇报众议院那边的动态
  That sounds like a great idea.
  听上去是个好主意
  Congratulations, sir.
  恭喜,先生
  Garrett, I was wondering if we could talk for a few minutes.
  加勒特,我们能谈一下吗
  That thing I mentioned a couple of weeks ago
  几周前我对你提起的那件事
  about the jobs tax credit...
  有关就业税收抵免
  I've been giving it a lot of thought, Jim,
  我想了很多,吉米
  and I think it's a good idea.
  觉得这主意不错
  But I'd like to look over my notes first, if you don't mind,
  不介意的话我想回顾一下笔记
  so I can talk about it intelligently with you.
  这样就能和你自如地探讨了
  Sir, you have your call with the Prime Minister.
  先生,首相来电
  Busy man.
  大忙人
  Yes, he is.
  没错
  Frank, I hear that you are heading up
  弗兰克,听说你打算
  the special election in my home state.
  去我家乡参与一场补选
  Peter Russo. We're trying to keep that
  彼得·罗素,在正式声明前
  under the radar until he officially announces.
  我们打算低调行事
  In fact, we're not even working
  事实上,在那之前
  out of my office until that happens.
  我们都不在我办公室办公
  Where are you working from? The basement of my house.
  那在哪呢,我家地下室
  Any reason why the D.N.C.
  民主党全国委员会
  didn't ask my advice on the candidate?
  怎么不就候选人征询我呢
  Well, I thought they passed it by you, or Linda did.
  我以为他们或琳达获得了你的首肯
  Nobody did. Well, that is unacceptable.
  但他们没有,这真是无法接受
  And I have major doubts about Russo.
  而且我对罗素持怀疑态度
  His inexperience? Yes, and he's urbanbased.
  经验不足吗,对他立足于城市
  I don't know if he'll connect with rural voters.
  不知道他能不能和农村选民打交道
  Look, frankly, that's one of my concerns as well.
  老实说,这也是我的顾虑之一
  We're working on that.
  我们正在想办法
  But if you were to come out and stump with him,
  但如果你能跟他一起做竞选宣传
  that would go a long way to convince...
  那对他将极为有利
  Frank, I can't stump for somebody i don't believe in.
  弗兰克,我不能为我不信任的人作宣传
  It's early days yet. I'd ask you to keep an open mind.
  现在还早,希望你别急着下定论
  And let me know if you want me
  如果想让我
  to set up a meeting between the two of you,
  安排你们见面尽管说
  because, sir, an endorsement from you
  因为你的支持,先生
  would be a big coup for him.
  对他是莫大的帮助
  It's good to see you, Mr. Vice President.
  见到你真好,副总统先生
  Frank.
  弗兰克
  Congressman Underwood?
  安德伍德议员
  Miss Barnes, I was under the impression
  巴恩斯小姐,我怎么记得
  you didn't wanna cover the White House.
  你不想来做白宫记者
  Slugline just got access yesterday.
  头条网昨天才拿到许可
  I know. I left the Herald
  我听说了,我离开《先驱报》
  because I didn't wanna cover the White House,
  正是因为不愿来白宫
  and now here I am.
  现在我还是来了
  Access isn't the same as a ball and chain.
  许可和镣铐还是有点区别的
  Am I only gonna see you at bill signings now?
  我只有在签法案时才能见到你咯
  I haven't heard from you in three weeks.
  我已经三周没有你的消息了
  Insecurity bores me.
  没有安全感很无聊
  I feel the same way about condescension.
  居高临下也让我觉得无聊
  Your place, this evening,
  今晚你家见
  and I'll text you when I'm about to arrive.
  来之前我会给你短信
  What if I'm busy?
  要是我到时候在忙呢
  You're just afraid I'm gonna stand you up again.
  你只是怕再被放鸽子
  I just wanna make sure it's worth my while.
  我只想确定这值得我等
  It'll be worth your while.
  会值得的
  This'll make up for last time.
  这是对上次的补偿
  It's a piece of history.
  历史的见证物
  From the President's hand to yours.
  从总统手里交到了你这儿
  You believe in all that higherpower stuff they talk about in the room?
  你相信他们刚刚说的上帝什么的吗
  I believe there are things beyond our control.
  我相信总有事情是我们无法掌控的
  Who or what's controlling them... that I don't know.
  至于谁控制了这些事,我不知道
  I don't believe in God.
  我不相信上帝
  Heaven, hell. None of it.
  天堂,地狱,什么都不信
  Too much catholic school? Maybe.
  天主教会学校上多了,或许吧
  I'm not saying you have to believe in God, Peter,
  彼得,我不是说你非得信上帝
  or anything, for that matter.
  或者其他任何事
  But you shouldn't rule anything out.
  但也别急着否定一切
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/zpwdyj/zpwdy/310436.html