纸牌屋第一季 第82期:人们喜欢浪子回头(在线收听) |
I have to say, sir, the Vice President has a point. 不得不说,先生,副总统还是有道理的
I'm not 100% sold on Russo.
我并不十分赞成罗素
Do we really wanna go with someone this untested?
我们真的要选经验这么浅的人吗
Frank?
弗兰克
We're grooming him, sir.
我们还在打磨他,先生
纸牌屋第1季.jpg
When do you announce? Next month.
你什么时候宣布,下个月
That's not enough time. What do you see in him?
时间不够,你看中他什么
I was wondering the same thing. There's not that much to see.
我也好奇,他没什么特别之处
What I see is a recovering alcoholic with a history of drug abuse.
他是个曾经吸毒,正在戒酒的人
What? Excuse me, Frank?
什么,你说什么,弗兰克
But he's clean now. Has been for a year.
他已经戒了,戒一年了
This is a redemption story, Mr. President.
这是一个救赎的故事,总统先生
This is a bright young man who's put his life back on track.
一个重回正轨的聪明的年轻人
Now he wants to help put Pennsylvania back on track.
如今他还想帮宾州重回正轨
Drugs, Frank?
吸毒,弗兰克
People love an underdog, Linda,
人们喜欢失败者,琳达
and people love someone who stands up after they've fallen.
人们喜欢看到浪子回头
Combine those two, it's a very powerful narrative.
结合这两点,会是很有力的故事
All of our polling indicates this is gonna work.
我们所有的民调都显示这会成功
You want us to endorse someone with a history of substance abuse?
你想让我们支持一个有药物滥用史的人
Let us get his story out there
我们把故事讲给选民听
and watch it connect with the voters.
然后看他们对此的反应
All I care about is a win, Frank.
我只在乎胜利,弗兰克
And I believe Russo is our best chance.
我认为罗素是我们的最佳选择
This is not a hail Mary, Mr. President,
这不是听天由命,总统先生
this is a wellthoughtout game plan. Mr. President...
这是缜密思考过的一步棋,总统先生
I realize that I sometimes think out of the box,
我知道我有时会打破常规
but the last time I did,
但我上次这么做的时候
we signed an education bill.
我们签署了一份教育法案
All right. We won't stand in your way.
好,我们不会反对
But if it backfires, Frank...
但如果事与愿违,弗兰克
I'll guide Peter every step along the way.
我会全程指导彼得
We will not disappoint you, Mr. President.
我们不会让您失望,总统先生
Okay.
好
Thank you, sir.
谢谢您,先生
Linda.
琳达
I didn't plan on telling him so much so soon,
我没打算这么快都告诉他
but if I didn't, Linda would've swayed him.
但如果我不说,琳达会动摇他
There's no better way to overpower a trickle of doubt
打破疑虑最好的利器
than with a flood of naked truth.
莫过于赤裸裸的事实
This is why the education bill was so important.
所以说教育法案很重要
It bought me influence precisely when I needed it most.
它在我最需要的时候给了我影响力
How long have you been drinking?
你酒龄有多少年了
A long time. Since I was a kid.
很多年,从我小的时候就开始了
How old were you when you had your first drink?
你第一次喝酒时几岁
Nine. Nine years old?
9岁 9岁
Yeah. My dad gave me a beer for my ninth birthday.
没错,我爸在我9岁生日时给了我瓶啤酒
When did you first start using drugs?
你开始吸毒是什么时候
I won't go into too many specifics
我不会说太细
other than to say I had a few minor brushes
只能说,我
过去曾吸食大麻
with marijuana and cocaine in the past but not recently,
和可卡因,但次数很少
and only a handful of times.
近年内没有了
No other drugs besides marijuana and cocaine?
除了大麻和可卡因没有其他毒品吗
No.
没有
Under what circumstances?
都是些什么场合
Occasional social gatherings. That's the most I'll say.
偶尔的社交聚会,不能再多说了
Ever while you were in public office?
你任公职后吸过毒吗
No. Never. My chief problem was alcohol.
不,从没有过,我主要问题是酗酒
And you've been sober how long now?
你戒酒多长时间了
A little over a year. And what made you want to get sober?
一年多一点,你为什么戒酒
Two things. My children,
两个原因,我的孩子们
whom I love more than anything else in the world,
我爱他们胜过一切
and my renewed faith in God.
再就是对上帝重拾信念
Zoe.
佐伊
Lucas.
卢卡斯
I was just in the neighborhood, and I thought...
我凑巧在附近,我想
No. That's a lie. I was at the bar around the corner.
不,那是撒谎,我在街角的酒吧
The one with the, uh...
那间有
and I remembered that time
我记起有次
that I dropped you off after work.
我送你下班
I knew it was...
我记得
This block.
是这个街区
And I, uh, buzzed, and then I waited...
我按了门铃,然后等着
you're wasted. I'm pretty wasted.
你喝多了,我喝多了
Do you wanna know a deep, dark secret?
你想知道个大秘密吗
Now we don't work together...
现在我们已经不在一起 |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/zpwdyj/zpwdy/311770.html |