陨落星辰第一季 第27期:痛苦的决定(在线收听) |
Hey,tom. 汤姆
Got a report that you spotted a bunch of harnessed kids.
报告上说你发现了一群脊甲化的孩子
Yeah,we were tracking my son Ben.
是 当时我们在找我儿子本
We found him.
已经找到他了
At night,they've got them in a hospital off Route 9,
夜里 孩子们被关在九号公路旁的医院里
and by day,the Skitters have them salvaging scrap metal.
白天 他们在迅猎兽看守下搬运金属废料
陨落星辰第一季
Yeah,we've gotten reports like that before.
我们之前收到过类似报告
They seem to use them as some sort of slave labor.
它们似乎把孩子们当奴隶来用
Yeah.
是的
Look,Tom,our science team
汤姆 我们的科学小组
is struggling with this harness thing.
正在竭力研究脊甲化问题
They were able to get it off of three kids,
他们取下过三名孩子的脊甲
but they died a couple hours later.
但几小时后他们就死了
I'm sorry to hear that.
真是不幸
Yeah,well...
是啊 现在...
the chief surgeon thinks he's got an answer to the problem.
军医组长认为他已经有了医疗方案
But in order to test the theory,he needs a kid.
但他需要一名孩子来验证可行性
Ben?
用本吗
Look,Tom...
听着 汤姆...
I'll understand if you want to say no.
如果你拒绝 我也能理解
But this is probably the best
但这可能是本和其他孩子
hell,it may be the only chance
最佳的... 甚至是唯一的
Ben and any of the other kids have got.
除去脊甲的机会
Yeah.
是的
Yeah. Um...
好的
I can't go back and just rescue one kid,
但我回去不能只救一个孩子
even if it's my own son.
就算是我儿子也不行
We need to rescue them all.
我们得把他们全部救出来
We will,in time. The time is now.
我们会见机行事 现在正是时候
If it were up to me,you wouldn't be going at all.
如果换成我 根本就不会派你去
Our priority has to be winning this war.
我们的当务之急是赢得战争
There are hundreds of people out there with missing kids.
那儿有许多人的孩子都失踪了
We rescue those kids,as many as we can,
我们救出更多孩子
we keep their hope alive.
就会让更多人怀抱希望
We give up on those kids,
如果我们放弃营救孩子
those people are gonna give up hope,too.
他们也会放弃希望
We save a few dozen kids and lose the war,
为了救几个孩子而输掉战争
they're no better off than they were in the harness.
还不如让他们戴着脊甲
Well,they'd die free.
他们可不愿生不如死
I think we're wasting time and resources,
我认为这是在浪费时间和资源
but it's not my call.
但由不得我
That's right. It's mine.
对 我来决定
Just Ben this time.
这次只救本
That's it.
就这么定了
You okay?
你还好吧
Did you know I was due to retire when all this happened?
知道吗 战争爆发之时 我本该退休了
Nothing to look forward to but golf and travel and...
闲来无事打打高尔夫 出去玩玩...
a stack of spy novels on my nightstand.
睡前再读点间谍小说罢了
Listen,Tom...
听着 汤姆...
you go out there and get Ben.
你去把本救回来
But,damn it,be careful.
但一定要多加小心 |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/ylxc/ylxc01/316830.html |