纸牌屋第一季 第99期:先给她点甜头(在线收听) |
Janine Skorsky is digging into Peter Russo. 简宁·斯克斯基正在调查彼得·罗素
What in particular?
具体什么方面
The shipbuilders' association.
造船厂协会
She have an angle?
她要怎么写
The watershed bill is a consolation prize for them losing their jobs.
流域法案是对他们失去工作的补偿
That's not an unfair assessment.
这话说的有点道理
She thinks if the bill fails to pass,
她认为如果法案没有通过
纸牌屋第1季.jpg
they'll withdraw support.
他就会失去船厂的支持
Not an unfair speculation.
推测得有点道理
Well, I know how hard you've been working on his campaign,
我知道你为他的竞选付出了很多
so I wanted to give you a headsup.
想给你提个醒
Well, let me know if she expands her inquiry.
如果她扩大调查告诉我一声
Into what? Anything you deem worth telling.
扩大到哪,你认为值得说的
Well, can I throw her a bone?
我能先给她点甜头吗
She might be more talkative if I have information for her.
如果我透点消息给她,她可能更肯说
What sort of bone? The vote count for the bill.
什么样的甜头,法案的计票结果
I don't have a vote count yet.
计票还没出来
Should have a preliminary one this afternoon.
下午会有个初步结果
You'll let me know? As soon as I have something solid.
你会告诉我吗,有确实消息就告诉你
There's one more thing.
还有件事
About last night...
昨天晚上...
Oh, no need to apologize.
不用道歉
I'm sure you had a very good reason.
你肯定有个充足的理由
I do.
是的
I think we should end it.
我觉得我们不应该继续了
Not professionally, the other thing.
不是公事方面,另一方面
Why now?
为什么是现在
We have a really good working relationship.
我们的工作关系很好
I don't wanna overcomplicate that.
我不想搞得过于复杂
All right.
可以
You're okay with it? Completely.
你没有意见,完全没有
It's over.
结束了
And it won't change things in terms of our arrangement?
我们之间的合作不会受到影响
Oh, please. I don't punish people for making adult decisions.
当然,我不会为一个成熟的决定而惩罚人
Thank you, Francis.
谢谢你,弗兰西斯
She was never more than a faint blip on my radar.
她于我微若尘埃
We've served each other's purpose.
我们互相利用
If she wants to be an adult,
她想做个成年人
let her see how she can fly once she leaves the nest.
就让她看看离巢之后她能飞多远
Claire. Catherine.
克莱尔,凯瑟琳
Thank you for fitting me in.
谢谢给我时间
Oh, I can always find time for you and Frank.
对你和弗兰克我总是有空的
Well, the reason I'm here is the C.W.I. has
我来是因为净水计划
a large shipment of water filters stuck in South Sudan,
有一大批滤水器卡在了南苏丹
and they've been in storage for the past four months,
过去四个月一直放在仓库里
just sitting there, and the Sudanese government...
就放在那儿,苏丹政府...
Won't release the shipments through customs.
不肯让海关放这批货
My deputy briefed me on the latest.
我的助理向我汇报了最新进展
Right. And I know that Francis
好,我知道弗兰西斯
spoke to you about this not too long ago,
不久前也跟你提过
but lately we haven't heard much from the state department,
但最近国务院没有什么消息
so I was wondering if you could help.
我就想能不能找你帮忙
We've done our best, Claire.
我们已经尽力了,克莱尔
I put my top people on this.
我调了最有能力的人去处理
The Sudanese are just not responding.
苏丹那边就是不给回应
Well, is there anything else we can do?
我们还能做些什么吗
There's over $200,000 worth of equipment.
那可是价值超过二十万的设备
I wish I could. I know how important this is to you,
我也想帮你,我知道这对你有多重要
but we're about to cut off diplomatic ties.
但我们即将断绝邦交
It's a directive straight from the President.
这是总统直接下达的指令
We can't ignore their human rights violations anymore.
我们无法继续忽视他们违反人权的行为
What about back channels?
非正式的途径呢
Well, once we cut ties, I can't contact their government
一旦断绝邦交,无论正式还是非正式
officially or unofficially.
我都不能联系他们的政府
Well, is there someone you could put me in touch with?
你能帮我联系上什么人吗
I'm sorry, Claire. My hands are tied.
抱歉,克莱尔,我无能为力
I would move mountains for you and Frank,
我愿意为你和弗兰克上刀山
but I've done all I can.
但我已经尽力了
Of course.
当然
Okay. Good to see you. You too.
见到你很高兴,我也是
Congressman, you have a major bill
议员,这周晚些时候
going to the floor later this week.
你将有部重要法案进行投票
Are you optimistic it'll pass? I'm very optimistic.
你有信心它会通过吗,非常有信心
The Delaware river watershed Act not only protects
《特拉华河流域法案》不仅能保护
large portions of the state's freshwater resources,
州内大部分淡水资源
it also creates thousands of jobs.
还能创造数以千计的工作岗位
I'm confident that my colleagues on the Hill...
我有信心,国会的同事...
There's only one way to create jobs.
促进就业只有一个办法
I did it during my administration.
我任州长时曾实施过
The answer is tax credits for small businesses.
就是减免小公司的税额
You've got to encourage selfstarting entrepreneurs
我们要鼓励白手起家的企业家们
to start new ventures,
经营新企业
hire employees... But specifically,
雇佣员工,具体地
about the watershed act... Small businesses,
关于流域法案,小公司
that's the solution. Everything else is window dressing.
才是解决之道,其他都是在装门面
Thank you all very much.
非常感谢各位
Thank you.
谢谢
Good night, Mr. VicePresident.
晚安,副总统先生 |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/zpwdyj/zpwdy/316873.html |