纸牌屋第一季 第104期:怀孕12周(在线收听

   The vice president of the United States, Jim Matthews!

  有请美利坚合众国副总统,吉姆·马修斯
  Thank you.
  谢谢
  It's good to be back in Bristol.
  回到布里斯托感觉真好
  Go, warriors!
  加油,勇士们
  Now, you all know me. I'm a windbag.
  你们都知道我是个话痨
  I can go on until you all fall asleep,
  我可以一直说到你们睡着
  get eight hours of shuteye,
  睡八个小时
  纸牌屋第一季.jpg
  and wake up to find me still yapping.
  醒来后发现我还在说个不停
  And there's a lot I could say about this young man to my left.
  对于我左边这位年轻人,我有很多话可说
  The truth is, I've had a lot of doubts about him and his ideas,
  其实,我对他和他的理念,他的过去
  about his past, about his youth.
  他的年轻时代都多有质疑
  But if you'll remember,
  但如果你们还记得
  a lot of you had doubts about me the first time I ran.
  我第一次竞选时你们中许多人也都质疑我
  And the second and the third.
  第二次,第三次也是
  But over the last few days,
  但在过去这几天
  traveling around the state with Peter,
  和彼得一起在宾州巡回竞选
  I have to admit he's won me over.
  我必须承认,他征服了我
  He's smart, he's energetic,
  他很聪明,有活力
  and, most important, he's a fighter.
  最重要的是,他是个斗士
  Now, it says "A fresh start" On that bus over there.
  那辆巴士上写着"崭新的开始"
  And that's the real truth,
  这是真的
  because this young man will give our state
  因为这位年轻人会带给我们州
  the fresh start it so desperately needs.
  一个它亟需的崭新开始
  Ladies and gentlemen, the next Governor of Pennsylvania,
  女士们先生们,有请下届宾州州长
  Peter Russo.
  彼得·罗素
  Thank you, Mr. Vice President.
  谢谢,副总统先生
  How's it going, Bristol?
  布里斯托你好吗
  Today I'd like to talk to you about economic recovery.
  今天我想与你们谈谈经济复苏
  Now, as many of you may be aware,
  你们很多人都知道
  mostly because my opponent feels the need
  多亏我的对手花了几百万
  to spend millions of dollars on TV ads about my past,
  在电视上宣传我的过去
  I know a thing or two about recovery.
  我对复苏也略知一二
  I've learned a great deal through my personal struggles.
  我在自己的斗争过程中学到了很多
  I've learned how to harness my strength and my resolve,
  我学会了如何利用我的力量和决心
  make them work for me,
  为我效力
  much the way your Bristol watermills harnessed the power
  如同多年前,布里斯托的水磨
  of your beautiful Otter Creek
  利用美丽的水獭湾
  and the mighty Delaware river years ago.
  和澎湃的特拉华河一样
  Let me tell you how the Delaware river
  让我告诉你们特拉华河
  will reinvigorate your economy for years to come!
  将如何在接下来几年中重振经济
  We're going to get the shipment out of Sudan.
  苏丹的货物要放行了
  That's great. It might take a few weeks,
  太棒了,大概要几周时间
  but I think you should start making arrangements for Botswana,
  但你该开始安排博茨瓦纳的工作了
  where you're gonna set up base camp and the depot.
  你要在那里建大本营和仓库
  Just send me a budget as soon as you've got one.
  写完预算后尽快给我
  Claire, is there any way we can send someone in my place?
  克莱尔,能派别人替我去吗
  I thought you wanted to be on the ground.
  我以为你想亲自去
  I would, but I can't this time.
  我想去,但现在不行
  Why not?
  为什么
  I wasn't sure how to tell you this,
  我不知道该怎么告诉你
  but I passed the 12week mark.
  但我怀孕12周了
  You're expecting.
  你怀孕了
  Gillian, that's wonderful. That...
  吉莉安,太棒了,那
  When did this happen? Who's the father?
  什么时候的事,谁是孩子父亲
  There was this guy I met overseas. Doctors without borders.
  我在国外认识的一位无国界医生
  We had this thing. Then I left.
  我们在一起过,后来我走了
  But he came back to the states a few months ago,
  但他几个月前回了美国
  and that's when it happened.
  就是那时的事
  Anyway, it didn't end well. But I want to keep the baby.
  结果不是很好,但我想要这孩子
  And does he know? He's married.
  他知道吗,他结婚了
  I shouldn't have. It was stupid.
  我不该这样,很傻
  You don't have to explain.
  不必解释
  I'll need some time off at the beginning of march.
  我三月初得请几天假
  Of course.
  没问题
  And absolutely, we'll send someone else instead.
  我们会派别人去的
  I appreciate it, Claire.
  非常感谢,克莱尔
  Sure.
  应该的
  You said mediumrare?
  你要三分熟是吗
  Just, uh, let me know if you guys need anything.
  有什么需要尽管告诉我
  Who would you guess texted me just now?
  你猜这是谁发来的短信
  I thought she'd last more than a couple days.
  我以为她能多坚持几天
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/zpwdyj/zpwdy/317673.html