纸牌屋第一季 第129期:国会议员彼得 罗素死了(在线收听) |
I walked back. 我走回来的
Whatever happens in the next few hours,
不管接下来几小时发生了什么
whatever you hear,
无论你听到什么
we will never speak of it.
我们都永远不提
Sir...
先生
I heard from Linda about a half an hour ago.
半小时前琳达打来电话
The President wants to meet with you.
总统想见你
8:30.
八点半
About what?
什么事
I don't know.
不清楚
Frank.
弗兰克
Now, when you brought up this idea, I wasn't sold.
你最初提出这主意时,我并不赞同
It struck me as both desperate and careless.
我觉得这主意太极端,欠考虑
But then Linda laid out all the pros,
但琳达列出了所有好处
and they clearly outweigh the cons.
显然是好处多于坏处
I explained our reasoning to Jim
我把道理解释给吉姆听
and hoped he wouldn't think I was off my rocker.
希望他不会以为我疯了
I did at first,
最初很难接受
but the President made some very good arguments.
但总统说了些很有力的理由
It's a bold move, Frank.
这一招很大胆,弗兰克
I'm very impressed.
我很佩服
Well, thank you, sir, for being open to the idea.
感谢你愿意考虑,先生
And thank you, Mr. President, for taking the risk.
谢谢您敢于承担风险,总统先生
We'll need to work this out step by step.
这要一步步来
The execution has to be perfect.
执行过程不能有一丝差错
Where are things with Russo? Any word from him yet?
罗素那边怎么样了,有他的消息吗
We're still trying to locate him.
我们还在找他
Well, is there any cause for worry? It's been two days.
需要担心他吗?他失踪两天了
I am a bit worried, I have to admit.
不得不承认,我有点担心
I mean, this must be an extremely difficult moment for him.
他现在肯定很难熬
We're hoping he'll reach out shortly.
希望他会尽快联系我们
Let's get our people on it. I wanna know where he is.
派我们的人调查,我想知道他在哪
Now, once he withdraws, we have to move quickly.
一旦他退出竞选,我们得迅速行动
We'll make a joint statement, as you proposed.
我们会像你说的,发布联合声明
It's a clear message, I think.
我认为意思很明确
Pennsylvanians matter to us,
宾州人对我们很重要
and we're not gonna let them down.
我们不能让他们失望
That's right.
没错
I'll say that Jim's an invaluable asset to the White House,
我会说吉姆对白宫的价值无法估量
but that I have great admiration for the sacrifice
但我很敬佩他为他的家乡人民
he's willing to make for the people of his home state.
所甘愿作出的牺牲
And you should not accept his resignation until he's elected.
除非他当选,否则您绝不允许他辞职
That will show your continuing commitment to him.
这显得您依然信任他
I think that's a good idea.
这主意很好
As long as I can devote myself wholly to the campaign, I agree.
只要我能全身心投入竞选,我就同意
Now, should Jim win,
如果吉姆当选
we'll need to nominate a Vice President immediately.
我们就得立即提名一位副总统
Linda, you're putting together a list of names?
琳达,你开始拟名单了吗
Yes. And you can begin the vetting process
是的,缩小选择范围以后
as soon as you narrow down the choices.
就可以开始审查了
I already have a short list of top contenders.
我已经拟了一份主要竞争者的名单
I want your input on that, Jim.
吉姆,我希望你也提出意见
More than happy.
乐意至极
Congressman?
议员先生
Congressman?
议员先生
We can use the existing infrastructure.
我们可以利用现有的人员部署
Are you okay with Nash Aarons?
你愿跟纳什·埃伦斯合作吗
I like Nash, but I'll want to bring in some of my own people.
我喜欢纳什,但我想找点我自己的人
Well, that won't be a problem. Nash is a team player.
没问题的,纳什擅长团队协作
And we can reallocate some of your
我们可以重新安排你部分
existing 2016 reelection funds... Excuse me. Linda.
2016年再选资金······抱歉,琳达
Peter Russo is dead.
彼得·罗素死了
Suicide.
自杀
He was found in his garage with the car still running.
他被发现死在车库里,汽车没熄火
I'm so sorry, Frank.
我很遗憾,弗兰克
May I have a moment, sir? Of course.
我能出去一会儿吗,先生,当然
I will get more information and start drafting a statement.
我再去搜集些信息,草拟一份声明
Let's reschedule. Whenever is best for Frank.
重新做安排,弗兰克方便的时候再谈
Congressman Peter Russo was found dead
国会议员彼得·罗素
early this morning in the parking garage...
今早被发现死在
why didn't we break this?
我们怎么没报道这个
of his apartment building in Washington D.C.
他华盛顿公寓楼下的车库里
U.S. Secret Service Agents discovered his body after reports
据报称罗素从周六起便不见踪影
that Russo had been missing since Saturday.
美国特勤处特工发现了他的尸体
Fuck!
该死
His body was transferred to the D.C. Coroner's office
他的尸体被运往华盛顿法医办公室
where an autopsy is expected to confirm his death as a suicide.
进行验尸并确定是否为自杀身亡
A junior congressman from Philadelphia...
罗素是来自费城的资浅议员
Russo was 36 years old
今年36岁
Zoe.
佐伊
Look at this.
快看
And is survived by two children.
育有两个孩子
I gotta get to the office.
我得去办公室了
Russo was in the midst of a heated battle
罗素本在竞选宾州州长
for the governorship of Pennsylvania.
竞选十分激烈
He was last heard publicly during a morning political radio show
他最后一次公开发言是在匹兹堡WZPZ电台
on Pittsburgh station WZPZ.
一档早间政治节目中 |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/zpwdyj/zpwdy/320079.html |